1. 1. IS3 best tier 8 tank?

• yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its OP and needs a nerf
    • yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its not OP but does need a nerf
    • yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its not OP and does not need a nerf
    • no, IS3 is good, but not the best tier 8 tank, keep it as it is
    • no, IS3 is nothing special, keep it as it is
    • dunno, my tier 10 tanks dont have much problems with IS3`s

38 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

IS-3 swarms are so fucking annoying when playing tier 8 SH's. Our whole line up is shit prem tanks that 50% of them need to spam gold if they want to do anything to the IS-3's.

At the end of the day the credit bonus makes up or the loss of credits spamming the prem ammo!

At the end of the day we are stilling winning in the credit war! o7o7o7o7o7o7o7

14 hours ago, Siimcy said:

Armor scheme, yeah, but in reality it's pure fucking RNG nothing else. IS3 is made of bullshitium armor and you have to carefully aim else you'll probs bounce. Today I've driven my Škoda T50 and had HEAT loaded, met an IS3 and I proceed to bounce 2/3 shells while he wasn't even angled and on even ground, even bounced his lower plate at 20m with 310 HEAT. I'm positive that this armor changes every half second because of how fucking troll it is. :doge:

What gun was you using? The AK1 has 248 pen (320 with HEAT). That shouldn't bounce, must of been an extreme angle.

Just now, The English German said:

Bull shit you bounced, what gun was you using? The AK1 has 248 pen (320 with HEAT). Also HEAT has NO normalization, why are you even shooting HEAT at an IS-3 anyway? Thats almost 60 degrees with HEAT, AP would go though easily.

IS3s are never flat and at a straight angle like you see in the amour checker, they are always at strange angles and the is3 fucks everything at strange angles

18 minutes ago, The English German said:

I don't even think the HD remodel is OP, you can pen it with 175 pen from almost anywhere.

Tell that to my IS6. Plus I can barley fucking aim at the flat roof of the IS3 as well. I dont know why you're trying to bring "dont need to use prem ammo when 175 is VERY good" argument, shits gonna get toxic let alone T6s tanks pray to RNGesus not to meet IS3.

36 minutes ago, The English German said:

I honestly don't see how the IS-3 is OP, 175 pen can get through the lower plate and a angled pike nose. There are many tanks that can pen it with ease, yes some premium tanks will have some trouble but they are premium tanks, just load some gold if you can't pen, you'll still make a profit.

Even if the IS-3 is hull down, you can shoot it in the commanders hatch, the thin armor on its top, and there is thin armor just under the turret ring.

The WZ-111 and the KV-5 have ALOT more armor, just saying.

Keep in mind, the spot you are using in that picture is relatively UNANGLED. If it was straight on (like you should point an IS-3, to maximize overall armor, or reverse-sidescrape) then you would need 200 pen on that orange zone to pen it with relative ease (not like we're talking an easy pen either). No moron is going to be so dumb to as to let you aim in on a shot on the tiny ass cupola/turret roof (unless facehugging, like I do in my E-75, then I overmatchium the stalinium). By the way, that "thin armor just under the turret ring" is actually a ricochet angle on flat ground if you are at reasonable combat distance (not facehugging, even if you are, turret roof is bigger and less armored at that point, don't know a tank that can pen that "thin armor" that's short enough not to see the turret roof either). The WZ-111 and KV-5 also have bigger weakspots or are less mobile or both. WZ-111 is basically cheese lower plate, no black hole spaced armor and the KV-5 has the idiot bin (radioman coffin) and is too slow to generally take advantage of wiggling the tank to rapidly change armor effectiveness. So, the tanks largely are less armored (WZ-111 being superior to the KV-5 in my opinion, aside from downhill rams) than the IS-3.

For perspective I did some quick poking around on vbaddict and this is their picture of all tiers and classes by occurrence. It's a bit outdated, but it gets the point across.

O1ZiTiv.png

The tier 8 heavy bar is so big partly because of all the tier 8 prems, but vbaddict specifically lists just over 1.5 million IS-3's (more than any other tank, even mutz or kr after they gave those to practically everyone)

ZtXFWDq.png

I'd say that's a pretty big impact on the meta of everything they can see

This tank, by far is the most ridiculously stupid tank in game. It literally panders to idiots.

It's armour is so forgiving, it's actually insulting to players that know how to angle and side scrape. It needs certainly needs a Nerf, and the gun+soft stats is the way to go. Give it crap accuracy, longer aim time and shitty turret gun for starters.

I usually just load premium when I see one, even if I'm the same tier. When the driver inevitably QQ's in chat about me shooting gold, I give him shit about driving a broken easy mode tank.

Never mind arty, Fuck IS-3's instead.

1 hour ago, The English German said:

Bull shit you bounced, what gun was you using? The AK1 has 248 pen (320 with HEAT). Also HEAT has NO normalization, why are you even shooting HEAT at an IS-3 anyway? Thats almost 60 degrees with HEAT, AP would go though easily.

Look friend, raw numbers don't mean fucking shit if you like it or not. The amount of RNG in this game is so fucked you can't really guarantee anything. Why was I shooting HEAT at an IS3? Well, there was an M103 hulldown for which I had HEAT loaded but he got destroyed and I met an IS3, sorry that I didn't reload and wait for ~19,5s to switch to APCR so you wouldn't fucking complain whether I shoot HEAT or not and tell me about normalization.

It's like you check arty accuracy and think "Damn, this is so inaccurate it'll never hit me! OMG NUMBERS!!", just fucking stop. :QBSeal:

Yeah it's a pretty retarded machine. The only reason it's not Tier 6 KV-1S or Tier 5 KV levels of broken is because it faces Tier 10s and it doesn't actually one shot anything below its tier. 

However, as GehakteMolen stated, it has a retarded combination of one of the best guns in tier, MT-like mobility, and one of the best armor schemes in tier. It shits all over Tier 8 prems, and can just singlehandedly carry Tier 8 matches. And of course it stays very relevant in Tier 9 and 10 because 225 pen with God-tier gun handling and Stalin's blessed accuracy. 

There is a special hell in my heart for IS-3s. I hate them. Not only because they are too powerful - sure, the insane armor/gun combo with decent handling and mobility is obscene - but more because they make so many tanks at T8 irreverent. Like Gehak said, the IS-3 singlehandedly dictates T8 meta. If your tank can't fight IS-3s, you are at a huge disadvantage. If it can, you're at a huge advantage. If your tank shares the same general role as the IS-3, your tank is irrelevant because the IS-3 will certainly do it better.

Game balance gets very frustrating when one single tank dictates an entire tier. It's happening with the O-I, it happened with the KV-1S, it happened with the Type 59, it happened with the Roomba/Waffentraiger, it happened with the Foch 155, etc. I really don't it when what makes a tank good or not is so black and white, but its a trap WG keeps falling into. You can't make super powerful tanks, and you especially can't let them keep being that powerful when they also get super popular.

1 hour ago, Siimcy said:

Look friend, raw numbers don't mean fucking shit if you like it or not. The amount of RNG in this game is so fucked you can't really guarantee anything. Why was I shooting HEAT at an IS3? Well, there was an M103 hulldown for which I had HEAT loaded but he got destroyed and I met an IS3, sorry that I didn't reload and wait for ~19,5s to switch to APCR so you wouldn't fucking complain whether I shoot HEAT or not and tell me about normalization.

It's like you check arty accuracy and think "Damn, this is so inaccurate it'll never hit me! OMG NUMBERS!!", just fucking stop. :QBSeal:

Ok ok, I understand why you had HEAT loaded, I overlooked that the AK1 is an autoloader. I'm not just going by numbers, by my personal experience fighting IS-3's in the wild, I don't really have any problem with them. Also, I do own an IS-3, I like it, its a nice HT, but I have only played less then 50 games in it, so I'm not saying "Don't nerf my fav OP tank!" or anything. It's a powerful tier 8 tank, don't get me wrong, but I personally don't think its "OP".

Ok ok, I understand why you had HEAT loaded, I overlooked that the AK1 is an autoloader. I'm not just going by numbers, by my personal experience fighting IS-3's in the wild, I don't really have any problem with them. Also, I do own an IS-3, I like it, its a nice HT, but I have only played less then 50 games in it, so I'm not saying "Don't nerf my fav OP tank!" or anything. It's a powerful tier 8 tank, don't get me wrong, but I personally don't think its "OP".

have you ever tried playing a competitive format with tier 8s?

Just now, zapyoug said:

have you ever tried playing a competitive format with tier 8s?

As in a tier 8 clan battle or something? is that case no, and to that I can't really say anything, but with my experiences in random battles, its not that bad.

As in a tier 8 clan battle or something? is that case no, and to that I can't really say anything, but with my experiences in random battles, its not that bad.

might be able to chock it up to the average IS3 driver being mentally hindered beyond help

1 minute ago, zapyoug said:

might be able to chock it up to the average IS3 driver being mentally hindered beyond help

That is a real possibility lol, also, after looking at the armor model again, the lower plate is stronger then I remember...

4 minutes ago, The English German said:

Watch any of the gold league games pre format switch and IS-3s are a staple. Beyond that, its got some of the best tier 8 stats (DPG/WR wise), on par with other abominations like the JP-2 and 416, and is widely accepted as one of the most broken tanks in tier.

Just because in randoms its easy to kill does not mean its easy to kill when anyone good plays it.

2 minutes ago, The English German said:

That is a real possibility lol, also, after looking at the armor model again, the lower plate is stronger then I remember...

LFP used to be like 270+ or something retarded, but that got switched in HD.

I cannot count how many times a light tank has tried to circle clip my IS-3 - even very good LT drivers - and bounce half the clip off of the sides and back.  No other tier 8 tank bounces as many lolpen side shots and survives to keep fighting as the IS-3.  If you circle a T32 or KT, its light out - that survivability alone is a huge advantage of the IS-3 over the other tier 8 heavies.

There are 2 tier 8 tanks I'm afraid of in this game no matter what tier.  The Super Pershing and the IS3.  Because you can put the worst fucking player in the game in one of those tanks, and he/she will somehow, some way manage to kill something due to the tank being broken as fuck.

Add NA gold spam and you have a recipe for "balance" :) 

WZ-111 has no hull armor, and KV-5 only has armor if you reverse into enemy and even then, anything with 200 pen can just aim at your turret and pen you everytime.

IS-3 just bounces tomatos all day long, those two can't do that.

I'm not sure how to make of them because one day I'll pen its pike every single shots if their pike did not point straight at my gun, another time it'll bounce like no tomorrow when I tried basically the same thing.

And on the sunroof; did they increased its height or something? Because I still remembered when I shoot Comet's 77mm. HE shells down on it for massive damage when one face hugged me (granted I died, but that IS-3 still left with bleeding nose), but now it seems that Comet couldn't reach that spot anymore from what I observed by death cam since I sold my Comet years ago. 

I'm happy it seems I'm not alone with my hate for IS-3. I randoms it's not that bad, but when every damn clan plays their tryhard lineups in SH all days and nights it gets really boring. I don't blame them, if you want to win that is the tank to go for, especially for a bit less skilled players. If there is still someone who thinks it is not absurdly op then sorry mates, you are just wrong. Comparing it to T32 or Tiger 2 makes no sense, on top of everything else they lack compared to IS-3 they are just too slow to do anything. But IS-3...yes take your premium meds, oh yeah sorry IS-3 is also faster so your not running away when they decide to rush you once again :) 

7 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I cannot count how many times a light tank has tried to circle clip my IS-3 - even very good LT drivers - and bounce half the clip off of the sides and back.  No other tier 8 tank bounces as many lolpen side shots and survives to keep fighting as the IS-3.  If you circle a T32 or KT, its light out - that survivability alone is a huge advantage of the IS-3 over the other tier 8 heavies.

Oh man, youve really touched my feels, the IS3 is reason why Im thinking about running full gold in my AMX 13 90, when I see lone IS3 with more than 480 HP, Im not going to try and circle it as then I bounce more than half of my clip and Im dead. That bullshit side is just ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, The English German said:

Wow so many down votes for having an opinion... :look: Yes the IS-3 is a strong tank, probably the strongest tier 8, but I still don't think its "over" powered.

Having opinions is fine, but arguing with Siimcy and unica in general about penning the IS-3, stop, just stop. Siimcy was just pointing out how stupidly RNG the IS-3 can be. Yes, you did rightly point out 175mm pen guns will hurt it. But unless the IS-3 is running the world's worst bit program, you will fail 96.3% of the time.

Also, you said you don't take part in team battles etc. Well, you soon see why the IS-3 is considered a fucking abomination. Seeing them in pubs is one thing, seeing 8 in organized play would be enough to make the long dead body of Stalin himself ejaculate pure Soviet joy juice.

It's about time it got nerfed. Something that's as omnipotent as the IS-3 cannot rule the roost. Because Tier 8 SH are now like the old Tier 6 TC, only with IS-3 and T-54lts instead if KV-1S' and Hellcats.