• yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its not OP but does need a nerf
    • yes, IS3 is the best tier 8 tank, its not OP and does not need a nerf
    • no, IS3 is good, but not the best tier 8 tank, keep it as it is
    • no, IS3 is nothing special, keep it as it is
    • dunno, my tier 10 tanks dont have much problems with IS3`s

8 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

I've seen you out-brawl M103...

"solid armor" my ass.

Also - "I don't know how somebody can't pen IS-3" I've witnessed few times where you bounced IS3 with your IS3.

I wouldn't mind this guy very much considering all he can muster (and does so very frequently) is whine about the game :serb: The amount of stupidity going through his head to end up in these conclusions is not a surprise considering previous rants and anger management issues :doge: 

Personally I find the IS-3 to be way too strong, it's basically a T-22sr with even shittier DPM (which people are whining about constantly) while actually having one of the stronger turrets in the game thanks to the gun mantlet now blocking half the roof weakspot.

The gun isn't the issue, it handles well but the T32 has a much more satisfying gun IMO (gold whore you betcha). The problem is that it allows you to make so incredibly many mistakes that you actually get away with. You drove side out instead of reverse sidescrape against that T9 TD? Oh well, he's gonna hit you where he should but chances are he'll bounce because of the tank itself. 

I believe that you should work the tank, the tank shouldn't work for you (looking at you, every single gimmick tank) which the IS-3 does. It can keep the frontal armour, speed, gun and its turret as long as they actually fix the side armour to the point where it actually is a pen without having to shoot gold in a T8 gun 

Basically yes.

The IS3A represents what a 'balanced' IS3 should be, i.e. sluggish and unagile with very derpy gun handling. There is no way a tank with that alpha for it's tier, that size gun and that much all round armour should be as mobile as it is and have as comfortable gun handling as it does.

it completely dominates tier 8 SHs, the IS3/T-54 ltw spam is just boring.

Will be fun as well when the Kirovets-1 adds to the IS3, IS3A, buffed IS-6, gg lower tiers in a tier 8 game.

The IS-3 is fucking ridiculous lol.

I outbrawled a full T34, 600 health Leopard PTA, and RU 251 spamming HEAT yesterday solo.

Admittedly, I kept a building between me and the T34 for much of the fight, but that was ludicrous.

Stronk tenk is stronk:

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka 
Vehicles: IS-3
Experience received: 2.537
Credits earned: 85.362
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Radley-Walters's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

http://wotreplays.com/site/2557760#murovanka-gehaktemolen-is-3

The main point being that IS-3 has so many upsides that it could be a T9 and still be really decent... And to top it off, the main point of unbalance is that on top of having a ridiculously high skill floor due to bullshitium and spaced magicks, it also has great damage dealing capabilities and speed that allow a great player to get a lot more mileage out of it.

That on top of the face that with some brains and a mould of dirt you can out-tank some T10s...

On 15/03/2016 at 10:24 AM, Siimcy said:

Armor scheme, yeah, but in reality it's pure fucking RNG nothing else. IS3 is made of bullshitium armor and you have to carefully aim else you'll probs bounce. Today I've driven my Škoda T50 and had HEAT loaded, met an IS3 and I proceed to bounce 2/3 shells while he wasn't even angled and on even ground, even bounced his lower plate at 20m with 310 HEAT. I'm positive that this armor changes every half second because of how fucking troll it is. :doge:

agreed. the weak-spots can be made harder to hit by wiggling, hull down moving back and forth the tiny weak-spots are made nigh impossible to hit, and it can slap most of the stuff is faces with 390 alpha easily. and the weak-spots are so tiny, and there is stalinium spaced armour everywhere e.g. track shoes on front hull. the lower plate is small and easy to hide, and then, even though it can be penned some of the time, its almost guaranteed to pen stuff back because BALANCE. its isnt too hard to bounce an is3 with 105mm l7 apcr with rng on russias side

On 15.3.2016 at 7:32 PM, GehakteMolen said:

ps: the best way to nerf it would be remove the track links (so the front is ~180/190 effective again) and reduce the gun handling, because having suchs good gun handling is a bit retarded... compare IS3 to T32, VK-A and Caern, the ``fast and nimble`` heavy tanks

acc_is3.png

only a caern has better gun handling, but it has no alpha dmg and less dpm as the IS3, infact, the IS3 has also better dpm as the T32, only Vk-A has a bit more, and IS3 has ofc the most penetration (with both AP and APCR) aswell....

``Suchs balance, many wow``

Sorry for the post-necromancy, but both Caern and bullshit-IS3-meta are pet-peeves of mine, as T8 CWs and SHs are really starting to get boring beyond belief.

Caern has nothing over anything anyways. It needs a serious DPM-boost, just like Black Prince, but I keep harping on that since years and instead of giving the Caern just one or, if WG feels really generous, two more rounds per minute, the IS3 gets track-links on it's frontal armor. Geezus fucking christ WarGaming...

What the IS3 needs is, the removal of the bullshit sheeth-metal tool-box super-armor on it`s sides, so it becomes vulnerable to being flanked for a beginning. Once that is done, the gun-handling needs a nerf. And once that is done, either lower the RoF or the mobility. It can keep it's track-links for all I care, as long as it doesn`t run faster than the "fast" heavies, doesn`t offer both more DPM and more alpha than the "DPM"-heavies and offers immunity to being outflanked all at the same time, while also being one of the most annoying tanks to arty-HE to death.

Personally I find the IS6 armor harder to deal with than the IS3 armor... but the IS3 gun is just fucking orgasmic. You need an on the move snapshot?? No problem comrade. I hit more snapshots with my IS3 than my leo pta. The IS3 is easily the most OP tank at tier 8 but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'd leave the armour as it is.

However I'd give the gun 0.46 accuracy, I'd make the turret dispersion around 0.16 and I'd up the terrain resistances by about 30%, whilst reducing the traverse rate to about 24 deg/s.

I'd also drop the ROF to about 4.5.

That would at least make it a straight up brawler and far less flexible. 

I'd also up the DPM of all tier 8 guns with 240 or less alpha so they were in 2.1k to 2.4k DPM range.

So that includes the Caernarvon which should have at least 2.2k DPM, and of course all the 83, 88, and 90mm guns to make tier 8 mediums more valuable. 

The IS-3 is fine - almost all of the other tier VIII tanks are too weak. And ofc tier VII tanks also mostly suck. WG really needs to change the tier balance on top of fixing their MM.

1 hour ago, Jaegaer said:

The IS-3 is fine - almost all of the other tier VIII tanks are too weak. And ofc tier VII tanks also mostly suck. WG really needs to change the tier balance on top of fixing their MM.

this topic and then down, people suggesting ways of how to defeat a IS3 head on with tier 9 heavys (use HE, flank, dont fioght him)

IS3 is love IS3 is life

maxresdefault.jpg

36 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

this topic and then down, people suggesting ways of how to defeat a IS3 head on with tier 9 heavys (use HE, flank, dont fioght him)

IS3 is love IS3 is life

maxresdefault.jpg

Decided to actually upload the replay, maybe I failed with my aiming or something.

Nevermind the actual curbstomp that was that silly match...

http://wotreplays.com/site/2878613#himmelsdorf-fedaykin89-m103

19 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Decided to actually upload the replay, maybe I failed with my aiming or something.

Nevermind the actual curbstomp that was that silly match...

http://wotreplays.com/site/2878613#himmelsdorf-fedaykin89-m103

IS3 turret is OP as fuck, if it didnt have the tiny roof weakspot, it would be the best turret in the game

IS3_turret_bs.png

Thats vs 265 APCR, the red is 300mm, so only small, random parts are 250-300, the rest is imprevious vs anything, its as though as IS7 turret, on tier 8.... (except for the ``weakspot``, which is as hard to hit as T32 shot trap...)

After reading this thread I decided to take mine out for a spin yesterday. Wow is this thing stupid OP. I even got accused of aim botting.

40 minutes ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Gonna use this topic to brag a bit...

http://wotreplays.com/site/2890715#siegfried_line-fedaykin89-is-3

Soviet Balance is Best Balance!

shhh, not even close to the best IS3 games of last weeks, there multiple 7k dmg games! (and dozens of +5k dmg, yolo)

IS3 with 200 more hp and 1 sec faster reload would be a good tier 9 tank, herp derp...

3 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

I'm no Super Unicum, tho...

oh, those others are also not, IS3 is a communist tank (=equality) so in soviet russia everyone driving an IS3 is unicum! :serb: 

2 hours ago, Trakais said:

KT is better (and you know it's true, Gehakte :P).

While KT was my #1, but WG buffed IS3 so much, i can no longer deny it :(