Acumen

So is AW NA already dead?

I have been hanging around this sub forum for a bit now and see that is almost completely inactive. Anyway has the idea of a NA server died a stillborn death?

Everyone went to PVE because PVP was dead. Now PVP is for realz dead because everyone is in PVE. NA was DOA. I was banned from the AW forums for pointing it out more than once, which means they're super sensitive about it, which means it's d-e-d dead.

*raises hand idly* I'm still playing... granted, around tiers 4-6 while I work on getting stuff other than a Challenger 1, but at least I've been getting like 2-minute queue times (and one 5-minute queue time when MM 2.0 first came out).

I really hope they get their shit together quickly and fix high tiers before EU too dies off. If they get the obvious problems out of the way it's just a way superior game to WoT and it dying would not only be sad for the game, but also would mean that WG has no more competition.

33 minutes ago, breeeze said:

I really hope they get their shit together quickly and fix high tiers before EU too dies off. If they get the obvious problems out of the way it's just a way superior game to WoT and it dying would not only be sad for the game, but also would mean that WG has no more competition.

Unfortunately I think they are worse than WG in this regard. They bury their heads in the sand and just pull out more shit to sell to a stupid user base. Game is dead in NA and will probably be dead in Eu in the not to distant future. I know I won't be spending a cent on the game.

For a brief period I was even considering going back to WOT but came to my senses and have spent the money I would have spent on AW or WOT on the division and boy am I happy I did.

I don't think the credit grind is that bad, you can get 200k per game in a T6 prem with premium account, more if you get your x1.25 in multiple T6 prems, so that's 40 games for a T8 not counting boosts and events. With some of the events you could literally make 1 million in a single game. Also keep in mind the lack of premium ammo means a huge credit sink is missing, so you're likely to get enough even by just grinding the tank. The biggest problem is that recent events went nuts on reputation boosts so now everyone has a billion tanks unlocked but the lack of credit events means no one has any money to buy them.

Before he banned me, SS went full retard arguing with me about those events when I called them cash grabs to create a credit deficit in the community. I said exactly that would happen. He tried to argue that the 2 hours or whatever of credit boost would balance the week of xp boost. GG.

The game is superior to WoT up to tier 6 or so but they're basically killing themselves on the same issue the many WoW clones did over the years, namely the lack of an end-game. It's very poorly balanced to the point of being unplayable, even for MBT drivers, due to pixel hunting and it says a lot that the meta was more or less spamming HE with the actually valid point that it did more damage.

So just like with the WoW clones, the players ask themselves a simple question: If the game isn't as good or better at the max level, why should I not play WoW (or WoT, in this case)? There's one game they've invested lots of time and dosh in and another they haven't, so if the alternative isn't better in the part that really matters there's little incentive to play. It only makes it worse that Obsidian basically cloned most of WoT's features, meaning that there was relatively little other than balance to get right, so the expectations were much higher than if it was just some random company.

How ironic that they fixed most of what's wrong with WoT in the first 2/3 of that game, only to fail the most important part where WoT actually works pretty well.

1 hour ago, Shade421 said:

Before he banned me, SS went full retard arguing with me about those events when I called them cash grabs to create a credit deficit in the community. I said exactly that would happen. He tried to argue that the 2 hours or whatever of credit boost would balance the week of xp boost. GG.

:facepalm: Makes me ask where the hell do these companies find these people. (Yes I know the answer to that, but still)

OE/My.com should really do events the other way around, I'd much rather have a 100-200% credit boost over a week with a 100-200% rep boost over 4-5 hours. This prime time scheduling of events is getting really old when they can't even get their damn time-zones and clocks set correctly.

I swear I feel like I'm watching a replay of how WoWP died, but this time WG's not involved.

29 minutes ago, Captain_F22ACE said:

:facepalm: Makes me ask where the hell do these companies find these people. (Yes I know the answer to that, but still)

You should try dealing with MY support. They are literally retarded. 

I lost permanent camo on 2 of my vehicles when patch .13 was installed. Camo I paid gold for. The shit they got me to do and still didn't give me the camo back. It felt like every time a new person would get involved, they would get me to submit another screen shot or get some log file or whatever. Seriously this was for 60cents worth of permanent camo. 30 cents each fucking tank. I never though I would see the day but MY support is actually worse than WG. Although WG na are pretty good it is the Europeans that are retarded. But MY NA support are as retarded as WG Europe.

They have actually burned a potential customer for 60cents of permanent camo. Something they should have been able to just look up in the database. Anyway they did me a favor. The division is good and gets me away from these shitty tank games.

Only had to deal with them once so far, back during the gold rush event. I met all the requirements for getting the 3000 gold, yet they only gave me 1500, come to find out it was cause of the timezone screw-up on their part again on that Monday. Was able to get the other 1500 with ease. Hope that's the only time I'll ever have to deal with them.

I don't step into AW dying discussions often, but when i do, i chortle.

Skilled MM? Really? It's reminiscent of oh so many a denier discussion from WoT.

Anyway, i'll step out again. Pardon the interruption.

After patch .13 I actually lost 5% WR because such a low server population I was matched against platoons of Kevins (otter/bulba of AW) or OG's (G of AW) every match. because MM couldn't find anyone else to fight against them. So it was usually me and 14 mouth breathers vs a platoon of otter/bulba and 12 mouth breathers. When you get this over 20 games in a row and see the same platoon for 20 games on the other team you know MM has it in for you. MM literally could not put me on their team even once because there was no one who could take them on. So I went from 55% to 50%. Soon they might actually put me on a team with one of these OP platoons because my WR is now what OE considers perfect !!

While Carbon has his gloat wall of text I seriously wish I had recording of my discussions with J1nx last year during the G prealpha TS meetings... His answers would be hilarious right now

I actually went to one of those OE meetings back in mid October where all the big name clan leaders from tanks were there to pitch ideas to a "coming soon" "perfect" clan wars.

It was basically everyone saying their version of perfect, but no one even bothered to ask when are we ever going to see the mode.

I also bought a founder's pack but didn't have time to play much before my increasing sodium levels forced a long break from all PvP games in the fall. Couple weeks ago I started playing WoT again and did try to play a bit of AW too but quickly got pissed at the queue times.

Even on tier four, which is as far as I've managed to grind in the short time I played the game, I saw 2min+ queues during what should be "prime time"... Side effect of their skill-based mm I presume?