Acumen

So is AW NA already dead?

5 hours ago, the_bolshevik said:

I also bought a founder's pack but didn't have time to play much before my increasing sodium levels forced a long break from all PvP games in the fall. Couple weeks ago I started playing WoT again and did try to play a bit of AW too but quickly got pissed at the queue times.

Even on tier four, which is as far as I've managed to grind in the short time I played the game, I saw 2min+ queues during what should be "prime time"... Side effect of their skill-based mm I presume?

Has nothing to do with skill MM, it's because NA population is so incredibly low at this point.

13 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

We should start a support group. :(

I could join as well..

Pisses me off more because I was working with them pre-alpha.  Some of the issues we identified then never got fixed.  Clear mistakes that we pointed out got pushed through.  It became clear that they had a vision, and that they didn't really care about input from people who might actually play their game.  And then, they hired SS...  

Just now, Deusmortis said:

Pisses me off more because I was working with them pre-alpha.  Some of the issues we identified then never got fixed.  Clear mistakes that we pointed out got pushed through.  It became clear that they had a vision, and that they didn't really care about input from people who might actually play their game.  And then, they hired SS...  

See what pisses me off is that I was skeptical from the start, but caved in a moment of weakness when I thought 'oh jeez this is my M6A2 moment! I better buy in now!' And then the predictable happened, as it does every time half-assed turns out to be fully profitable. 

I'm kind of confused as to how someone could get banned for repeatedly criticizing an game. To me, PvE is boring and PvP just isn't worth it. I just stopped playing an week ago because of the credit grinding at Tier 5.

I enjoyed myself a good deal for a couple thousand matches, basically abandoning WoT for it, but once you pass tier 7 the balance is remarkably un-fun, particularly if you, as I do, suffer significantly from the shot delay problem.

So now I'm back to MWO, where I can finally get some enjoyment out of my founders' package after letting it marinate for a few years. Also, Dark Souls 3 comes out in ~1 month, so really I just need to keep entertained until then and I'll be set for months.

5 minutes ago, Acumen said:

Still no skill based MM questions LOL

Yeahhhhhh. I typed up some extra stuff about that in one of the free response boxes, but given their responses so far to it on the forums and in articles, I'm not holding my breath.

Even as I continue to play mostly solo except for the few times my friend hopes on to join me... >.>

1 minute ago, Adder1 said:

Even as I continue to play mostly solo except for the few times my friend hopes on to join me... >.>

Solo in AW is an exercise in futility. I have only solo'd and got to about 55% wr then MM 2.0 took notice of me and ground me into the dust with it's heel.

52 minutes ago, Acumen said:

Solo in AW is an exercise in futility. I have only solo'd and got to about 55% wr then MM 2.0 took notice of me and ground me into the dust with it's heel.

I've soloed most of my games so far, mostly due to lack of people to play with, but I really don't mind it that much. In WoT I usually start raging after 2-3 games, here I am relaxed even through long solo sessions. I believe its the lack of frustrating and punishing game mechanics that make the difference for me.

If it's one thing I learned in business, is that you can't expect to copy a bigger brand, make your 'improvements' and expect to kill them.  You have to find a niche and perfect that niche to attract a certain crowd of people.  Armored Warfare copied too much of wot and expected their 'improvements' to attract the playerbase of wot.

Played about a thousand games, most were in lower tiers just grinding because of how awful higher tier gameplay was of having to pixel hunt to damage anybody with that horrible shot delay they never felt like fixing.

My main problems with the game was there being no real distinction of them being better than WG at actually fixing the problems within the game. Shot delay never got fixed, PvE making what little of a playerbase NA had even smaller for PvP since nobody is willing to grind with 2-5 minute queue times, and just general slowness on fixing their own blunders such as crew skill stacking and constantly changing what was meta for retrofits by sledgehammering the options instead of fine tuning.

3 hours ago, breeeze said:

I've soloed most of my games so far, mostly due to lack of people to play with, but I really don't mind it that much. In WoT I usually start raging after 2-3 games, here I am relaxed even through long solo sessions. I believe its the lack of frustrating and punishing game mechanics that make the difference for me.

I have friends who solo in EU and it is very different to soloing NA. Because of server pop you will literally fight the same OP platoon every game. You can't avoid it because MM literally has no one to put up against them.

having said that I am just whining. The best thing is just to stop playing and let NA die so much that NA people will be allowed to play EU.

I just never got the urge to play again and even though i hardly ever play wot i do sometimes decide to play a few games every now and then.

With AW there none of that, the games just to awkward to play- my computer runs wot fine but AW is a pixelated mess running at 30-15 fps, the shots are more delayed, the tanks turn like shit, bushes seem to mean sweet fanny fuck all. Its probably because wot is more familiar and I'm sort of over the taking internet tank games seriously stage.

Do they really have to rush high tier content to so call finish the game? Because as far as i'm concerned who on earth is giving them these great ideas to screw over the game. I am so confused at their decision to put modern fast vehicles on WOT sized maps with corridors and they wonder the fuck why their high tier MBTs are beating the shit out of everything.    

On 3/19/2016 at 4:43 PM, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Do they really have to rush high tier content to so call finish the game? Because as far as i'm concerned who on earth is giving them these great ideas to screw over the game. I am so confused at their decision to put modern fast vehicles on WOT sized maps with corridors and they wonder the fuck why their high tier MBTs are beating the shit out of everything.    

This is true realistically MBT's should beat everything because that is pretty much what would happen in real life. However that is no fun. I hear they are talking about nerfing the MBT's speed and traverse and shit but I think it is too late. They have annoyed people who don't play MBT's already by making MBT's so OP. So when they nerf MBT's all they do is annoy the people they have left IE the MBT players.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:10 AM, Fulcrous said:

I still can't believe I got a founder's package only to never play it again lmao.

me either it just has no appeal

They know/knew MBTs were the dominant type, yet they still make maps so brawl dependent.  I hate to see this game die, since it really is a much nicer WoT, but the outlook is grim.  Even playing on EU now, they seem to be bleeding players fast. 

12 hours ago, Vitellius9 said:

They know/knew MBTs were the dominant type, yet they still make maps so brawl dependent.  I hate to see this game die, since it really is a much nicer WoT, but the outlook is grim.  Even playing on EU now, they seem to be bleeding players fast. 

I agree it was a better WOT but they did fuck up and it is a shame because there will be no competition for WOT.

They basically built this game around MBT's unfortunately MBT's are like heavies in WOT.

The problem with this is that it is the lowest skill class to play. So yeah the mouth breathers are loving them but the good players don't find them a challenge. the good players gravitate to TD's, Lights and AFV's. However the fact that MBT are so powerful makes those other classes almost unplayable even for good players. So the good players are leaving in droves. They are left with the mouth breathers who won't be spending any money on the game.

This was the secret that WOT learned early. They found the good players that the mouth breathers tried to emulate and follow. Without those good players all you have is a circle jerk of baddies yelling abuse at each other.  Not a recipe for success.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:35 AM, Deusmortis said:

I could join as well..

What were some of these issues?  Now that I've played the game for about two months some glaring deficiencies have become clear.  I'm curious if they're the same ones you all spotted earlier in the development of the game.

Yeah guys, SIMM is really holding good players back.

hQCZSkQ.jpg

Can we knock off the fucking hyperbole already?

Yea, the NA player base is stagnant.  No, the NA server isn't dead or dying.  Yes, SIMM makes the game more challenging.  No, SIMM isn't going out of its way to fuck you over.

The reality of the situation is that AW get's better every patch.  0.14 is bringing some very nice balance changes to the game with gun depression buffs and penetration/standardization changes for TD's and LT's.  

If you compared AW to WoT (it's current closest competitor on the market) it's a vastly superior product with far more potential for future growth and improvement.

The only outstanding issue with the game worth consistently bitching about is shot delay, and it's a problem that everyone has to deal with so at least it's fair in that regard.

"I post polarizing pictures with an irrevelant sample size that is supposed to prove a point that can only be proven by mass data"

It's impossible to prove how SIMM is working against you unless you have a good sample size. All I can most definitely say so far is that there are still tons of steamrolls so SIMM obviously does not seem to improve that, although OE claims that's what it's supposed to do.

1 hour ago, breeeze said:

"I post polarizing pictures with an irrevelant sample size that is supposed to prove a point that can only be proven by mass data"

It's impossible to prove how SIMM is working against you unless you have a good sample size. All I can most definitely say so far is that there are still tons of steamrolls so SIMM obviously does not seem to improve that, although OE claims that's what it's supposed to do.

Exactly this. ^^ Small sample sizes mean nothing. Yes I can get 5 or 6 wins in a row but every one of those wins I am dragging the mouth breathers kicking and screaming with me. This does not make for a fun game. I don't want to always have to play to my max because I have to carry shitters. Sometimes I wouldn't mind some help.

11 hours ago, FrankyMcShanky said:

The only outstanding issue with the game worth consistently bitching about is shot delay, and it's a problem that everyone has to deal with so at least it's fair in that regard.

No the only one worth constantly bitching about is the server population NA. Shot delay is bad but I am now used to it and don't even notice it. I do agree they have a superior product but if no one is playing then there is no point. 

Anyway I am done with the game until next patch.