Acumen

So is AW NA already dead?

On 3/18/2016 at 0:59 PM, StranaMechty said:

I enjoyed myself a good deal for a couple thousand matches, basically abandoning WoT for it, but once you pass tier 7 the balance is remarkably un-fun, particularly if you, as I do, suffer significantly from the shot delay problem.

So now I'm back to MWO, where I can finally get some enjoyment out of my founders' package after letting it marinate for a few years. Also, Dark Souls 3 comes out in ~1 month, so really I just need to keep entertained until then and I'll be set for months.

I also keep returning to MWO. Even with all it's problems it has always been a fun game to play. Plus there are no other stompy robot games so it has a unique part of the gaming market. I have mostly been playing Warships since leaving AW, but I think I need to update MWO and play a few this week.

Is anyone still having fun with AW?  I hadn't played in a few weeks and tried 0.14 last night.  It started out same old fun AW, then turned into the same old non-peak AW shitshow.  About 15 matches in a row where only 3 players do 2K+ damage on team and nobody else breaks 1k, over and over and over, until everyone in Battalion rage quits.   I should have moved to EU by that point, but I wasn't getting angry so much as battered spouse syndrome. 

4 hours ago, Vitellius9 said:

Is anyone still having fun with AW?  I hadn't played in a few weeks and tried 0.14 last night.  It started out same old fun AW, then turned into the same old non-peak AW shitshow.  About 15 matches in a row where only 3 players do 2K+ damage on team and nobody else breaks 1k, over and over and over, until everyone in Battalion rage quits.   I should have moved to EU by that point, but I wasn't getting angry so much as battered spouse syndrome. 

*raises hand?*

Maybe it helps that I only have a single tier 7 that I'm already done with (everything else I'm working on is tier 5 or 6) so I'm not seeing much of the high-tier imbalance yet, but I'm a 52% meh player so I haven't seen the worst of SIMM yet. That said, getting a 4-minute wait for a match when solo queueing wasn't fun, though that was the only long wait time I had last night. Everything else was around 1:30 or so or less.

That said, I've seen plenty of teams where there are a bunch of shitters that do absolutely no/less than 100 damage with only a third of the players having to carry their dead weight. Might be that I'm not playing too much during peak hours, but I'm not seeing too (key word) much of the platoon pubstomping.

I'll admit, though, I'm starting to get tired of solo queuing, and Obsidian's/My.com's shit is starting to get on my nerves.

Case in point, the Wolf vehicles.

That's funny because MM has shit my winrate down to 52% and I still get shat on constantly.  Case in point the stupid platoon mechanics, so I get stuck with Alice platoon over and over to balance them versus Badger platoons and such.  So sick of 3 people do 2k+ damage and 7 do under 500 damage match after match with no consequences.  

I'm not sure if its the pvp event on or SIMM working against you but I've had terrible games where I've done last stands in my challenger 2 slugging out 4k minimum damage and getting horde rushed by the rest of the enemy team. I've only done 56 games in pvp and 8 games in my challenger 2 which is stuck on 1 win after 8 total games. 

I'm enjoying pvp but I don't know how to force a push to bring overwhelming firepower against enemies to clean out a flank, I can damm well hold a flank down with my challenger 2 but i have no influence over the rest of the map or battle.

23 hours ago, Vitellius9 said:

SIMM is still as bullshit as ever, but they promised to tone it down even more and stuff the global WR crap into the trash bin. Hopefully, we'll be able to bully them into getting rid of it completely. Anyways, still having fun since battalion is actually growing bigger and stronger, so I have people to carry me in platoons :3

6 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

SIMM is still as bullshit as ever, but they promised to tone it down even more and stuff the global WR crap into the trash bin. Hopefully, we'll be able to bully them into getting rid of it completely. Anyways, still having fun since battalion is actually growing bigger and stronger, so I have people to carry me in platoons :3

I've had two days of sub 40% win rate sessions due to absolutely crap teams. In order to win at tier 6 all of my platoon mates would have to do 3k dmg each to even have a slight chance at winning. All of my stats (DPG, K/D, Survived) are going up, but W/R lately is falling like a rock. Everyone in my clan seems to experience the same to some degree.

To top it all off Silentstalker gave me a 1 week ban on the forums after we called him out for being a dick lol :D

Edit: updated WoWS last night so going to give that a go for a bit to see if it's improved in the last few months.

2 hours ago, Wolfcastles said:

I've had two days of sub 40% win rate sessions due to absolutely crap teams. In order to win at tier 6 all of my platoon mates would have to do 3k dmg to even have a slight chance at winning. All of my stats (DPG, K/D, Survived) are going up, but W/R lately is falling like a rock. Everyone in my clan seems to experience the same to some degree.

To top it all off Silentstalker gave me a 1 week ban on the forums after we called him out for being a dick lol :D

Edit: updated WoWS last night so going to give that a go for a bit to see if it's improved in the last few months.

I'm banned until 23rd of April :D because he doesn't like to hear that Content Manager's job is to inform players about content and anything related to it, including screw ups with the raffle. But hey, what can you expect from a guy who says it's not his job to do his job on more than one occasion...

As for the stats, same here. Steadily growing in all but WR, which is being dragged up at snail's pace, and even that only thanks to the fact I platoon 90% of the time. So far today managed to mostly win, but had to suffer idiots in Wiesels defending arty...

17 hours ago, EndlessAgony said:

I'm banned until 23rd of April :D because he doesn't like to hear that Content Manager's job is to inform players about content and anything related to it, including screw ups with the raffle. But hey, what can you expect from a guy who says it's not his job to do his job on more than one occasion...

As for the stats, same here. Steadily growing in all but WR, which is being dragged up at snail's pace, and even that only thanks to the fact I platoon 90% of the time. So far today managed to mostly win, but had to suffer idiots in Wiesels defending arty...

Had a 62% w/r session last night so I'm back on track! The MM seems to pass over platoons of 2-3 people frequently so it's making the queue times pretty painful.

On 4/1/2016 at 7:41 AM, Wolfcastles said:

Had a 62% w/r session last night so I'm back on track! The MM seems to pass over platoons of 2-3 people frequently so it's making the queue times pretty painful.

There seems to be a window of 1 hour at prime time where you get any tier battles, then about another hour before and after, where you can get tier 4 or 5 battles, followed by 21 hours of nothing or 20 minute prayer solo queues.  At least you can play on EU from about 4am-6pm EST, the bitch is like 1am-4am EST, where AW surrenders and you have to suffer through PVE. 

On 4/22/2016 at 4:49 PM, Vitellius9 said:

There seems to be a window of 1 hour at prime time where you get any tier battles, then about another hour before and after, where you can get tier 4 or 5 battles, followed by 21 hours of nothing or 20 minute prayer solo queues.  At least you can play on EU from about 4am-6pm EST, the bitch is like 1am-4am EST, where AW surrenders and you have to suffer through PVE. 

I haven't played AW in about a week because of the low population on NA and terrible queue times. I've been playing a lot of WoWS lately and enjoying it again. I think OE/My.Com are delusional if they think tier 10 will bring a substantial amount of the player base back to the game.

So I haven't played in a month or 2 anything changed on NA?

5 hours ago, Acumen said:

So I haven't played in a month or 2 anything changed on NA?

Nope..the population has really plummeted the last couple of months. Most of the NA server plays PVE. The only decent queue time is during the happy hour event. Every other time in the evening is 5-10 minute queues. Hardly anyone in my clan plays AW at the moment.

I've gone back to WoWS and have been enjoying that :D

On 3/18/2016 at 6:00 AM, Valachio said:

If it's one thing I learned in business, is that you can't expect to copy a bigger brand, make your 'improvements' and expect to kill them.  You have to find a niche and perfect that niche to attract a certain crowd of people.  Armored Warfare copied too much of wot and expected their 'improvements' to attract the playerbase of wot.

I guess this is true. WTGF was supposed to be the WoT killer but it didn't, yet it still has a dedicated player base since it complies with the "realistic tank simulator" niche.

Well next patch is not gonna make anything better, Tier 10s will have a nice time shitting on tier 9s and any poor tier 8 that gets thrown up with them. Problem with the game there is no fucking endgame except god damn pve grinding you can't get a fucking game in a tier 9 for most of the day on the server for pvp you know their other game mode that's meant to be competitive to wot.

And these idiots in the marketing department keep coming up with fucking cash grabs that make wot look sane at this rate might as well fucking sell 40 reskins of every fucking tank as special edition tanks, Merc pack was okay in terms of selling existing premiums, then the ICE pack tanks so what was it about having unique prototype tanks that were better than full stock tanks but not superior to fully upgraded vehicles.  NOPE SELL FULLY UPGRADED reskins of existing tech tree tanks and they have the nerve to fucking release tier 7 premiums when there is a fucking shiton of existing tier 6 premiums, and when tier 8 premiums come out they will obsolete the tier 6 & 7 premiums. Why the fuck didn't you just make tier 8 premiums at the start I mean my.com was kicking you up the ass to put T-14 Armata in game because motherland demands it dah. It shits on filithy capitalist pigs. 

And don't get me started on the shit in the forums so much for openness they can't tell us shit on like how many fucking games are played in vehicles versus their global win rate because if you have every Russian and his bear playing the Armata 500,000 times while the Challenger 2 ADTU has 50,000 times, gee I wonder why based off your PTS stats the fucking Armata had a 47% win rate. Was it because the vehicle was weak or was it the fact that every idiot is playing it like the IS-7 in wot, no comrade vehicle is of very weak we must of reduce gunner sight damage of down to 25% and every capitalist pig cupola they must take 40% damage shot to cupola.           

6 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Well next patch is not gonna make anything better, Tier 10s will have a nice time shitting on tier 9s and any poor tier 8 that gets thrown up with them. Problem with the game there is no fucking endgame except god damn pve grinding you can't get a fucking game in a tier 9 for most of the day on the server for pvp you know their other game mode that's meant to be competitive to wot.

And these idiots in the marketing department keep coming up with fucking cash grabs that make wot look sane at this rate might as well fucking sell 40 reskins of every fucking tank as special edition tanks, Merc pack was okay in terms of selling existing premiums, then the ICE pack tanks so what was it about having unique prototype tanks that were better than full stock tanks but not superior to fully upgraded vehicles.  NOPE SELL FULLY UPGRADED reskins of existing tech tree tanks and they have the nerve to fucking release tier 7 premiums when there is a fucking shiton of existing tier 6 premiums, and when tier 8 premiums come out they will obsolete the tier 6 & 7 premiums. Why the fuck didn't you just make tier 8 premiums at the start I mean my.com was kicking you up the ass to put T-14 Armata in game because motherland demands it dah. It shits on filithy capitalist pigs. 

And don't get me started on the shit in the forums so much for openness they can't tell us shit on like how many fucking games are played in vehicles versus their global win rate because if you have every Russian and his bear playing the Armata 500,000 times while the Challenger 2 ADTU has 50,000 times, gee I wonder why based off your PTS stats the fucking Armata had a 47% win rate. Was it because the vehicle was weak or was it the fact that every idiot is playing it like the IS-7 in wot, no comrade vehicle is of very weak we must of reduce gunner sight damage of down to 25% and every capitalist pig cupola they must take 40% damage shot to cupola.           

hence the reason why i stopped playing back in February 

The queues are just unenjoyable or impossible for 23 hours a day.  I liked the concept of having PVE to fill time and help you grind out a tank or fittings without being a low tier whipping boy constantly, but NA server is like 90% PVE now and that's pathetic.  I find PVE unenjoyable enough, but the grind from tier 8+ is Korean-esque. 

5 hours ago, Vitellius9 said:

The queues are just unenjoyable or impossible for 23 hours a day.  I liked the concept of having PVE to fill time and help you grind out a tank or fittings without being a low tier whipping boy constantly, but NA server is like 90% PVE now and that's pathetic.  I find PVE unenjoyable enough, but the grind from tier 8+ is Korean-esque. 

i came back to try one of the tier 10's, i mean with all the BS I've had to put up with since Alpha i figured i deserve to try at least one. and of course upon selling a bunch of shit and buying the Armata i ended up still having to wait 3 minutes to get into a PvE match. 

On 02/05/2016 at 8:09 AM, SlenderMoose said:

Feel 4 u NA guys. AW maybe be a little unpolished, but it's still great fun! 

Especially the PVE bots, they really intrigue me.  The way they charge at me when I'm a lower tier (bulli mode), exposing side armor (ignore mode), rear spawning, arty bot perma firing (xvm mode) are all the embodiments of bad and average wot players.

Isn't wot planning to release PVE or some sort?

Legitimately curious since something like this was recently hinted at by the devs:

Do you think releasing AW to Steam would significantly improve the situation on NA?