Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Pepper

Soviet wedges or german ramming boxes?

Lines to grind  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank line should I choose next?

• German ramming boxes (I kinda wanna ram a Scorpion in ANY tank in that line)
    • Stronk Soviet wedges (Russian bias included)
    • Why not both!? (Mariachi band plays)
    • None, both lines are shit and so am I

So, I've been considering getting a new line to grind. I have a few but I've mostly maxed out on my US light line (don't wanna play T71 stock or get the T57 HT, just stopped at the bulldog) and so, I need a new line to grind to add variety. I was thinking about adding a BUNCH of competitive tanks to my arsenal by the way of the stronk Soviet wedge line (through T-34 and A-43 up to Object 140) or the incredibly fun and relatively historical german battering rams (E-50M line). While both have their perks, I'm twisted on which line would be more beneficial. While I have a 5 man girl crew for my german meds, less CW/stronks viable tanks are in the line. I also have a long forgotten male crew in my T-127 that I club in, but is 99% on the first skill (6th, camo, camo, camo), yes has vastly more viable CW/stronks viable tanks.

For competitive play there's no comparison, since the 50M won't really get used, but just for fun the E-50 and 50M are really nice in pubs, though it does mean you'll have to get through the Panther and Panther II, which are a bit of a mixed bag.

On the other hand the wedges are vastly more competitive, and I would say a lot of fun to play, but they also feel a bit generic due to the vast number of clones WG has added into the game by now, the Object 416 is also a nice bonus, though the preceding tanks are somewhat odd and can be a little frustrating at times.

23 minutes ago, Storm said:

proceeding

Do you mean preceding, or proceeding, or both?

And fwiw, the P2 is pretty decent at ramming, just not as famously so as the e50 and M.

If you're interested in boosting stats, Russian line, no question. Even after almost a year away, I was able to come back and, after a few games, start farming damage for purple WN8 in the T-62A. I don't care about stats anymore because I don't care about this game, but I was still impressed. Your winrate will drop like a rock if you just damage farm, though.

They have a really high skill ceiling, however, and can be a lot of fun if you learn to play them well aggressively (I'm only a blue when I try to be aggressive ;_;).

RUmeds are also universally useful in CW. They are a staple like you wouldn't believe it. They're fast, high DPM, can shoot on the move very well, armored well enough, and have otherwise standard Tier 10 attributes. The E50M will never get picked for a serious fight.