Panzer_Fenris

Share your sexy tank skins

If you're among those who have some FPS to spare and would like to make your favorite tanks look a bit fresher, then you've come to the right place.

This thread is for sharing your favorite tank remodels and skins with the Wotlabs community.

Personally I'm using a couple of models from Goodman12(Henschel E-100 and Löwe) and Milkym4an (E-50, E-75 and FV215B), and are very happy with them.

Spoiler

lowe-002.jpg

004.jpg

noicvor.jpg?w=700

xjjcn5m.jpg?w=700

But that's only the tip of the iceberg. Their blog sites have a decent and slowly growing selection of HD remodels.
https://milkym4n91.wordpress.com/

http://goodman12.club/ (Russian)

The official forums also have a couple long-running threads where they, as well as other modellers, share their creations. You'll have to go to the later pages to find the ones that are compatible with current versions of the game.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/421524-remodelling-reposts-public-storage-reconstruction-of-the-repository-in-first-post

http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/299091-ремоделлинг-игровых-моделей (Russian)

1 hour ago, gabse said:

that E100 skin just hurts your gameplay

Not really. I haven't had any more trouble putting shells trough the turret face after installing it.

If you happen to forget what the E-100 looks like without visual aid, there are mods that changes the game files to only use the alternate skin for your own vehicle, but I've not personally needed it yet.

Can someone TL:DR how i replace the models?

I tried long ago for example to swap panther l100 gun with l75 gun (to make it look less like pinokio) but couldnt find it (yeah, shaddy ways to replace, no clear guide :p)

ps: Long ago, wot stored for every tank 2 PNG (i think PNG) files, one for the tank and one for the wreck, you could open tose files in paint pro / photo shop whatever and simply either edit them, or overwrite them with a different model, that however no longers works :P

7 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Can someone TL:DR how i replace the models?

I tried long ago for example to swap panther l100 gun with l75 gun (to make it look less like pinokio) but couldnt find it (yeah, shaddy ways to replace, no clear guide :p)

ps: Long ago, wot stored for every tank 2 PNG (i think PNG) files, one for the tank and one for the wreck, you could open tose files in paint pro / photo shop whatever and simply either edit them, or overwrite them with a different model, that however no longers works :P

\res_mods\0.9.14\vehicles

3 hours ago, MEGUSTAPOW said:

Damn these put WG to shame

I dunno, from those screenshots I personally prefer the WG ones, the only ones that look better than the WG models are the ones that were already in HD before being modded or were similar to already HD tanks. 

15 hours ago, Visn0r said:
Spoiler

OoU6PRZ.jpg

Jjp5zr3.jpg

8P0YJfh.jpg

This one is just a skin for PC of the special edition Super Pershing that XBox got last 4th of July (I think that's when it was anyway). I wish they'd released that for PC, I'd have been willing to pay stupid amounts for it.

4 hours ago, Shade421 said:

This one is just a skin for PC of the special edition Super Pershing that XBox got last 4th of July (I think that's when it was anyway). I wish they'd released that for PC, I'd have been willing to pay stupid amounts for it.

why don't you just use the skin? it has the same effect without a penny spent

7 hours ago, Visn0r said:

Same reasons I don't use any other skins:

1. No one else can see how cool I am.

2. The model being off by a couple pixels can potentially fuck you and isn't worth the risk.

48 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Same reasons I don't use any other skins:

1. No one else can see how cool I am.

2. The model being off by a couple pixels can potentially fuck you and isn't worth the risk.

You should be fine with a reskin of an existing model as it's just texture changes.

On 19.03.2016. at 1:21 PM, gabse said:

36a439d8438bd62615a1cd04d04c3d27.jpg

is that just regular digital camo from cw's or custom skin? link pls

On 3/21/2016 at 4:01 AM, Visn0r said:

Because I want other people to see the 'Murica while I fuck them in the face repeatedly with APCR.