TrOplcThUnDeR

What has changed in the last 6 months?

So i haven't really played this game in like 6 months. Before the new heavies and all that. Last patch was 9.9.

Anyways, I played a little in the last few days and am total shit. At least by my standards. I know there are new physics and all that stuff but has much changed gameplay wise? Maybe it's just getting used to the game again.

No big changes on the gameplay end of things. The two biggest are just the physics and balance changes. The game hasn't changed a whole lot since 9.9; you've got the absurd T5/6 japanese heavies and T9/10 czech meds making waves on their respective tiers, but it's not like any core gameplay mechanics have changed. A lot has just been QOL and audio/visual improvements. We did get rampage mode (garage battles), but no one plays it now.

Should have posted my similar questions on this thread, welp. (Same boat as you + an additional 8 months I think)

Did autoaim get a general nerf in terms of basic lead? 

Any suggestions on a good replay pack to look at for new/changed map meta examples?

Also, has the 'banned mods' policy gone to shit? I thought I'd do a 'soft reintroduction' with XVM and a hit/damage log, and saw half of the stuff on aslain was stuff that was previously forbidden (no foliage, highlight behind objects, autoaim assist, wtf?)

What has changed TODAY?!??
Wtf is going on with this fucking game...

First 8 games were like 6 wins, 4200 wn8... Then the retard low rated blue shitters appeared out of nowhere to ruin my fucking day. Every game filled with blue people who I assume could even play to some extent but boy am I wrong about these lowlifes...
17 games, 7 wins, 2500 wn8 cause of retarded shitters... Feels like a fucking weekend event with all bonuses on at once...

tropic- most of it has already been said already, aside from that- new maps. tanks are more or less the same, and yes, tvp is quite annoying when it takes 1200 hp in 4 seconds or around there.

Youre welcome to platoon with me if youd like, we played together pretty well yesterday in a pub so. just hit me up mate. Wish ya the best with getting back into things.

I had my first under 2k wn8 session in like 5k games. Whatdafuq. 5k dmg used to be pretty easy and now I can't even get 4k. It's interesting how not playing can make you(me) so bad. I don't like being bad....

I think I need to go watch some replays to remind me of how not to suck. Playing way too passive IMO. Probably because I end up losing all my HP 2min in. Also reacting way too late to what is happening on the map. I just end up going like why the hell am I not there 2min ago? Flat out horrid damage trading and etc. I doubt it's the meta just rust. 

12 hours ago, FixerReloaded said:

Hey tropic

Who art thou?

4 hours ago, Yurra said:

IDK about NA, but everyone on EU seems to have went full yolo so hightier battles last 4-5 minutes on average. :oscar:

NA is the same way. This game used to be a chess match and now it has become a mosh pit. Games are over so fast and usually pretty lopsided. After not playing for months, I just plain suck. Never was great, but at least I could hold my own, but not anymore. I have had more 0 damage games in my last couple hundred games than the previous 15k. A bad day used to be 1800 WN8, now it's 1100....

4 hours ago, Driftin said:

NA is the same way. This game used to be a chess match and now it has become a mosh pit. Games are over so fast and usually pretty lopsided. 

This is not a new thing though; it's been like this for almost a year. 

Nothing really has changed on the gameplay side.

But the playerbase seems to have changed over the past 1-2 years.  Maybe the average-good players left or don't play randoms anymore.  Seems like bad is the average player these days with a smattering of purples that are there to farm everyone.