So no more overmatch damage to hatches, which is ok i guess? But now everyone will have a damaged gun all the time. What? Didn't they already do this and fix it because it was horrible and stupid?

29 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

So no more overmatch damage to hatches, which is ok i guess? But now everyone will have a damaged gun all the time. What? Didn't they already do this and fix it because it was horrible and stupid?

What do you mean?  

They removed gun collision this patch so that players can no longer use them as light sabers to deflect rounds aimed for drivers hatches.

Just now, FrankyMcShanky said:

What do you mean?  

They removed gun collision this patch so that players can no longer use them as light sabers to deflect rounds aimed for drivers hatches.

What the patch notes say is that they reduced the armor value so that they will not deflect shots from anything, which means they are going to be damaged by literally everything, including auto cannon ap spam.

I would hope autocannon spam won't leave you most games with a damaged gun, but I'm still downloading this so I'll have to wait and see.  While I like that they're no longer lightsabers as Franky put it, I'm not sure what to think about them getting wrecked all the time now either, if that happens.

Another concern of mine is stuff like the AMX 10P 90 getting gun depression buffs.  I'd already call that thing OP, and I don't think it needs any extra help.

PvE bots not spawning right behind you anymore sounds nice, as well as the thing where the turret isn't pointing where it looks like it is.  Fall damage was another change I was happy to see, since going off of a bump on a fast tank will hurt you while dropping off certain cliffs won't.

Apparently their reducing Armour effectiveness on drive wheels had led to an interesting situation where you can over match the drive sprocket of the tank through the front track and get a penetration, its happening at 80-85 degrees.   

Oh also commander's cupolas are taking full damage rolls from some shots as well.

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus

2 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Apparently their reducing Armour effectiveness on drive wheels had led to an interesting situation where you can over match the drive sprocket of the tank through the front track and get a penetration, its happening at 80-85 degrees.   

Oh also commander's cupolas are taking full damage rolls from some shots as well.

Remember kids, fully testing changes before going live is for nerds.

8 hours ago, Shade421 said:

Remember kids, fully testing changes before going live is for nerds.

Not even we nerds do it. The best testers are end users amirite?

I'm slowly losing my faith in OE to not fuck this up completely. Especially with the latest cash grab bundle, let's take the 3 most OP  tanks in the game and sell them as premiums, what a stupid fucking idea.

As long as they don't fix the mm into something that is actually same for everyone and keep breaking things and selling copy pasted prems I think I'll be over here playing Black Desert instead. RIP low production value youtube content.

On 3/25/2016 at 2:18 PM, Daroc said:

As long as they don't fix the mm into something that is actually same for everyone and keep breaking things and selling copy pasted prems I think I'll be over here playing Black Desert instead. RIP low production value youtube content.

when i saw the copy n paste tier 7's as prems i quit.

among all the problems currently present, the last thing this game needs is high tier copy n' paste premiums. (especial more chally 1's running around)

13 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

when i saw the copy n paste tier 7's as prems i quit.

among all the problems currently present, the last thing this game needs is high tier copy n' paste premiums. (especial more chally 1's running around)

Someone posted this link over on the AW subreddit with vehicles from the Wargame franchise.  There are SO many vehicles that could have been premiums but instead all we get are reskins.  That's... sad.

On top of that this recent premium package is more P2W than anything WoT ever did - you get a lvl 5 crew from the start (I don't know if the camo on them is just for show or also gives actual camo bonuses, if they do that's another thing WoT never did).

I just get this feeling that OE is trying their best but My.com is funding it on the cheap in hopes of getting their hands into the cookie far of cash that WoT discovered.  It's too bad.  The game has potential but it's not there yet (and frankly the more I play the more there appear to be fundamental issues with the design of the game).

9 hours ago, Illy said:

Someone posted this link over on the AW subreddit with vehicles from the Wargame franchise.  There are SO many vehicles that could have been premiums but instead all we get are reskins.  That's... sad.

On top of that this recent premium package is more P2W than anything WoT ever did - you get a lvl 5 crew from the start (I don't know if the camo on them is just for show or also gives actual camo bonuses, if they do that's another thing WoT never did).

I just get this feeling that OE is trying their best but My.com is funding it on the cheap in hopes of getting their hands into the cookie far of cash that WoT discovered.  It's too bad.  The game has potential but it's not there yet (and frankly the more I play the more there appear to be fundamental issues with the design of the game).

I've played since the first stage of Alpha, and i have said the same thing ever since. nothing will change for the better unless OE drops My.com, though unfortunately OE is broke without them.

On 28.3.2016 at 5:23 AM, Illy said:

TBH a tier 5 crew is ground out fairly quickly, or even a tier 4 crew that gets the same perks and is only 2% less effective, WG has given out crews that already have a full skill ground out and will forever grind with double the speed of a standard crew. Camo is just as on any other tank, you can camo up all your tanks, and WG has done it plenty of times before with premiums, see for example the 13 57 or the Mutz-.

Honestly, if there's one thing I gotta give to AW it's that they greatly toned down the "pseudo-p2w" mechanics from WoT (premium ammo in particular)

I'm much more concerned how much of a quick cash grab this bundle is, they literally took four of the strongest tanks in the game and sell carbon copies of them for a ridiculous price, I'd expect this kind of a move when they know the game is dying and try to squeeze as much cash out of it as possible. It's actually very similar to the Berlin Trio, which to this day is one of the scummiest cashgrabs WG has ever pulled.

I played a shitload of PvE this weekend and bought the Centaur 120 and BMD  Wolf vehicles, mostly because they were cheap individually and I was never gonna have enough time or effort to grind allt he lines out.

The patches really do slowly make it obvious that OE are just losing the plot though.