It's_Matra

I'm Spotted, You're blocking my line of fire mods

I've come up with a crazy sledge hammer solution to the bane of most of our games...

I know we all absolutely despise the spammy mods that say 'I'm spotted at F7 - is anyone caring' blah blah blah

Other examples:

'You're blocking my line of fire' - safe shot

'I'm reloading at E2 for 23.3 seconds, reloading 23.3 seconds left' - very poorly made command rose mod

I'm spotted at A5 >:| - some shitty spotted mod

I can't stand that (maybe because I'm a perfectionist and configure mods properly) so from now on I will be reporting anyone who uses spammy mods as 'SPAM'. If enough of us do this in matches and stuff then maybe either:

A. WG pay attention and provide a fix or ban players

B. Mod creators realise that this shit is not for pubbies and turn off the messages by default, with a key to enable for CW and all that stuff... though pressing a key for help usually suffices in these situations so it's pretty much a useless mod in the first place. Better yet modpack compilators modify configs to reduce spam.

or C. Nothing will happen but it's worth a shot

Couldn't find anywhere else to post this on the forums that is mod related...

So what happens if you want to use SafeShot but don't have the ability to open an xml file in Notepad++?? Then simply use THIS

II agree with you completely Matra, and it's annoying as Fuck to see the blocking shot message pop up because I want to use a rather useful mod.

You would think that to get around that you would have to press a key while looking at the tank, but then again that would be too much work!

"X, you are blocking my target!" mod can go fuck itself, as 95% of players uses it only to spam it every single team member at start of battle and i almost have never seen it being used for something actually useful.

The spam is definitely annoying, the mods can be configured to not be so spammy.

Safe shot doesn't have to send a chat message, that can be turned off.

I'm spotted @ mods can be configured to only work in Stronks/Clam Warz and not pubs.

But pubbies being pubbies just have to spam that shit like all the time.

Don't forget about the mods that post automatic taunting messages into chat. They seem to be especially popular with arty.

Seriously, how can someone be so shit that they can't even come up with a good insult or taunt and have to use a mod for it? :wut:

15 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

These mods are the reason why WoT should disable modding entirely.

Yeah, implement useful stuff like they did with the circles, and then only permit audio/cosmetic mods like the MLG mod :D

I guess though that it's just too complicated for them to rewrite everything.

54 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Don't forget about the mods that post automatic taunting messages into chat. They seem to be especially popular with arty.

Seriously, how can someone be so shit that they can't even come up with a good insult or taunt and have to use a mod for it? :wut:

Don't forget the "humorous" ones spammed by tanks. The most popular one I've seen is "Good morning campers! It's time to leave the spawn!" Usually spammed by some 49% shitter that inevitably goes and overextended, gets rekt and cries in chat about having no support.

I'm guilty of safeshot spam at the beginning of the game, but only towards platoonmates.

Those arty taunting mods are gay as fuck though seriously you already only use one hand to play once every 40 seconds can't you fucking spend those 40 seconds typing something out yourself?

They're even better when the shitter misses by a mile (as he inevitably will)

14 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I'm guilty of safeshot spam at the beginning of the game, but only towards platoonmates.

Everybody sees it though, in my game you still get a report for SPAM :P

I think it shouldn't get to the situation where you have to use a mod to block other mods, or turn off chat entirely (some bits in chat are hilarious). If we all spammed spam reports then hopefully players get banned for a day and learn to turn it off.

All the spammy mods can be configured but the average noob (who uses a downloaded modpack thinking it will make them great) does not configure them correctly

14 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

Everybody sees it though, in my game you still get a report for SPAM :P

oh I meant I only do the spam when I'm platooned with people I platoon often, and only then during every 4 or 5 games or so.  Though you're right, it is still spam, but nobody's really complained yet in an actual game

Normally it only happens if I literally have someone in my way (or if I click on someone by accident while trying to shoot someone they're facehugging).  I need to get back in the habit of holding down ALT when shooting around teammates

4 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

These mods are the reason why WoT should disable modding entirely.

The problem then is the UI would be so much more shit than now.

look how long it took to implement basic view circles - I suggested it in Aug 2010 near the start of closed beta.

over tank markers for health and last known position.  Without modders showing how popular and important these UI things are WG would still be sitting with their thumbs up their ass.

in fact I think the only reason the are doing this is because they have to block mods in the competitive scene and that community  at least has a better forum to tell them the stupid basic shit that they are missing.

Imagine if unicums from wotlabs were game designers in War Gaming. They know theres a community made out of best players (and potential e-sports players), why dont they ask for our feedback, they could make the game as good in e-sports as LoL or DOTA. I sometimes have a feeling they are fucking this game up on purpose.

1 minute ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Imagine if unicums from wotlabs were game designers in War Gaming. They know theres a community made out of best players (and potential e-sports players), why dont they ask for our feedback, they could make the game as good in e-sports as LoL or DOTA. I sometimes have a feeling they are fucking this game up on purpose.

Victor has actually answered this already;

They don't tailor the game to us because doing so would drive away the biggest portion of the player base, the casuals. If that happens, esports doesn't matter anymore because the viewership is gone. A 48% player is not going to understand why the 62A lost 40% of its turret armor thickness, and he's not going to be able to play it anymore because he won't bounce random shots while he sits completely still in an open field sideways on to the enemy he's furiously auto-aiming at. If you balance the game around unicums, it destroys the balance for the masses, as much as it would be nice for us for a while.

As for the UI improvements, they pretty much are getting our feedback already, it just took them forever and a day to start doing it.

40 minutes ago, stagnate said:

look how long it took to implement basic view circles - I suggested it in Aug 2010 near the start of closed beta.

WG were never going to do that until they got rid of the counterintuitive render square.

I disagree. I'm not talking about nerfing 40% of t62a's armor or nothing similar gamebreaking to changing the game completely. Something like limiting max amount of arty per battle to 1, that way you can cinda control if it hits you or not. Or every time arty shots it gets spotted. Reduce arta damage, buff reload. Decrease rng from 25% to something like 10%. Reworking module/crew damage so if you get ammoracked your reload wont increase by 100% but like 25%. Introduce "Skill Matchmaker", making statistically similar players get in the same battle, that way there wont be one or two unicums tearing appart red tomato teams, reds would play against reds, yellows against yellows and such. I dont see these changes driving away the masses but actually making the game more popular (even if it is quiet old) trough e-sports. This is all simple and logical to us but not to the WG developers because they cant play their own game. I doubt there are any WG developers that are unicum by statistics or that have more than 2500 dpg in tier X'es (not sure though, maybe there are one or two but thats not nearly enough).

Right now WG's motto is: Ask not what WG can do for you, ask what you can do for WG.

3 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

I doubt there are any WG developers that are unicum by statistics or that have more than 2500 dpg in tier X'es (not sure though, maybe there are one or two but thats not nearly enough).

There are one or two. Personally I'd rather they were good programmers and game designers than players.

9 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Reduce arta damage, buff reload.

Heck, Bishop and FV304 are some of the most ridiculously broken arta in the game.

1 minute ago, woe2you said:

There are one or two. Personally I'd rather they were good programmers and game designers than players.

You cant develop a game if you dont know how it works, its the same like that guy 2 days ago, he's got 1000 wn8 and thinks he knows better about arty than all the unicums on this forum. I imagine thats probably how their developers think.

1 minute ago, nemlengyel said:
1 minute ago, nemlengyel said:

Heck, Bishop and FV304 are some of the most ridiculously broken arta in the game.

If theres only 1 FV in a game (like I sugested only 1 arta per game) that would now be a problem.

2 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

If theres only 1 FV in a game (like I sugested only 1 arta per game) that would now be a problem.

Kill XVM though in that case so it does not focus on colors.