It's_Matra

I'm Spotted, You're blocking my line of fire mods

Just now, Jug0sLovEn said:

You cant develop a game if you dont know how it works, its the same like that guy 2 days ago, he's got 1000 wn8 and thinks he knows better about arty than all the unicums on this forum. I imagine thats probably how their developers think.

WG devs have massive amounts of data on the game and how it works. What you have is the statistically irrelevant opinion of the 3k WN8 player.

You should probably pay a lot more attention to the 1k WN8 player, because there are thousands of him for every one of you.

5 minutes ago, woe2you said:

WG devs have massive amounts of data on the game and how it works. What you have is the statistically irrelevant opinion of the 3k WN8 player.

You should probably pay a lot more attention to the 1k WN8 player, because there are thousands of him for every one of you.

Well, if you guys are happy when you get ammoracked. when you get oneshoted by arty, when your tomato team gets stomped by a 3 man unica platoon then Im happy as well. They can have whatever data they have but most of them dont even understand how their game works; "Arty is in the game to prevent camping" - I mean, come on...

I dont see how would fixing main problems of the game effect a 1k wn8 player in any negative way. He would be fighting equally skilled opponents, he wouldnt be oneshoted by a game mehanic he most likely doesnt even understand. He would hit more shots (cause 10% rng instead of 25%) I dont know for NA server but on EU and RU there's enough population for a +1 MM. Please tell me how would these changes negatively effect a 1k wn8 player?

7 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

'I'm reloading at E2 for 23.3 seconds, reloading 23.3 seconds left' - very poorly made command rose mod

While I find the I'm Spotted mods annoying I do like the reloading mods when autoloaders and TD and tanks with long reloads use them.  It lets me know when I can expect them to shoot at the enemy and if I get an enemy tank to follow me around a corner, will they get clipped out or blapped for 1000 HP by a big TD.

21 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Well, if you guys are happy when you get ammoracked. when you get oneshoted by arty, when your tomato team gets stomped by a 3 man unica platoon then Im happy as well. They can have whatever data they have but most of them dont even understand how their game works; "Arty is in the game to prevent camping" - I mean, come on...

I dont see how would fixing main problems of the game effect a 1k wn8 player in any negative way. He would be fighting equally skilled opponents, he wouldnt be oneshoted by a game mehanic he most likely doesnt even understand. He would hit more shots (cause 10% rng instead of 25%) I dont know for NA server but on EU and RU there's enough population for a +1 MM. Please tell me how would these changes negatively effect a 1k wn8 player?

As I pointed out, it's been so long since you've been a 1k WN8 player that you're completely missing the point.

These are the main problems of the game according to you, many of which don't even appear on our 1k WN8 player's radar (let's call him Bob, because it rolls off the tongue nicely).

Bob doesn't give a shit when arty clicks him. He doesn't get focused because he's playing at 1k WN8, and getting one-shotted occasionally isn't a big deal unless you're trying to maintain purple stats.

By making Bob not get roflstomped by stronger teams, you're also taking away those games where Bob's carried to a roflstomp of the enemy. There's much less variation, and Bob's mistakes aren't punished as harshly. That means that unless he actively studies the game, he's not going to get better.

The biggest game-breaking thing Bob's likely to encounter is that platoon of unica you mentioned, and it seems like arty's doing a reasonable job of balancing them already.

3 minutes ago, Kuroialty said:

What if someone adapted a Tay.ai-like program to chat with other players during WoT games?

I thought someone already had. Would explain the variety of names I get called in chat.

15 minutes ago, woe2you said:

Snip.

When I was a 1k player, I had no idea how much armor tanks have, how much view range, I had no idea why cant I do more damage than the number of my health points (that was my main concern back then). The bob has no idea about complex game mechanics. You say he does not care about getting one shoted, then he should not care if does not get one shoted. Avrage bob will not even notice theres less arty in the game, it will take him some (long) time to see he is not getting in a +2 mm. We'v all seen players with over 40-50k battles still being yellow. He will never improve.Thats because he doesn't care about anything, he just plays 4fun when he is tiered from work/school and those small changes that would make this game e-sport viable would not effect his game experience almost at all. Iv know a couple of guys that are like that and I perfectly know how they think

7 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

When I was a 1k player, I had no idea how much armor tanks have, how much view range, I had no idea why cant I do more damage than the number of my health points (that was my main concern back then). The bob has no idea about complex game mechanics. You say he does not care about getting one shoted, then he should not care if does not get one shoted. Avrage bob will not even notice theres less arty in the game, it will take him some (long) time to see he is not getting in a +2 mm. We'v all seen players with over 40-50k battles still being yellow. He will never improve.Thats because he doesn't care about anything, he just plays 4fun when he is tiered from work/school and those small changes that would make this game e-sport viable would not effect his game experience almost at all. Iv know a couple of guys that are like that and I perfectly know how they think

Ironically, you've identified the problem WG should be solving: making the game mechanics more discoverable and intuitive so more players learn it naturally. You're choosing to focus instead on trying to justify fixing a "problem" that's really only a problem for the top 0.1% or 0.01% by claiming that nobody else will mind.

Someone like you should absolutely not be given undue consideration when working out how to fix the game, because you're too focused on your own experience of the game.

1 minute ago, woe2you said:

Ironically, you've identified the problem WG should be solving: making the game mechanics more discoverable and intuitive so more players learn it naturally. You're choosing to focus instead on trying to justify fixing a "problem" that's really only a problem for the top 0.1% or 0.01% by claiming that nobody else will mind.

Someone like you should absolutely not be given undue consideration when working out how to fix the game, because you're too focused on your own experience of the game.

Well, you left me speechless there, This discussion has no meaning anymore, Im out.

I have the reloading mod pegged to a key, i usually use it if im playing my bulldog to let team mates know if im clipping, or how many shells i get, but i dont spam it, simply a heads up for people, that im not/am able to push atm.

I have spotted mod, callers seem to like it for SH/CW, or atleast like the ease of knowing your spotted from that location. I do forget to turn if off for each pub match tho.

I have safe shot, rarely to i find it goes off at the start of the match, my mod packs safe shots is either on or off the message doesnt disappear, but i like safeshot its helped me avoid accidently shooting a teammate.

50 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Well, that's interesting, because;

-I know how much armor tanks have, and have known since my orange/yellow days

-I know how much view range a tank should have, even if I think of base view range too much

-I am indeed aware of complex game mechanics, and have been for a while

-I have improved, and immensely at that

-I am aware of what MM I get. 

And while I play for fun, I also stress heavily over my statistics, especially in my tier X vehicles. So yeah, interesting observations. 100% accurate, obviously. 

Just now, AGK47 said:

Well, that's interesting, because;

-I know how much armor tanks have, and have known since my orange/yellow days

-I know how much view range a tank should have, even if I think of base view range too much

-I am indeed aware of complex game mechanics, and have been for a while

-I have improved, and immensely at that

-I am aware of what MM I get. 

And while I play for fun, I also stress heavily over my statistics, especially in my tier X vehicles. So yeah, interesting observations. 100% accurate, obviously. 

I had 1500 battles, was yellow overal AND recent. You'v got 2k recent and 22k battles. I dont consider you a yellow player but more of a green-bluish one.

1 minute ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

I had 1500 battles, was yellow overal AND recent. You'v got 2k recent and 22k battles. I dont consider you a yellow player but more of a green-bluish one.

Obviously there are some different circumstances, but it isn't always that they lack technical knowledge; many do (like my father), but with some it's just that their gameplay doesn't add up so to speak. That's how I was a eight-ten thousand battles ago; knowledgeable, but not so good in practice. 

1 hour ago, Bavor said:

While I find the I'm Spotted mods annoying I do like the reloading mods when autoloaders and TD and tanks with long reloads use them.  It lets me know when I can expect them to shoot at the enemy and if I get an enemy tank to follow me around a corner, will they get clipped out or blapped for 1000 HP by a big TD.

You haven't kept up to date with the game lately have you?

Once upon a time the reload time would not be broadcast but now it is when you press the reload key (F8 by default)

What the badly written config does is repeat everything because whoever made it did not keep it up to date

As much as those chat-spamming mods annoy me, I'm not going to bother reporting every poor sap that uses them (though I reserve the rite to sperg in game about it). For the most part they just install a bunch of mods like many of us and this is simply shitty-ass mod design by people who probably actually thought "hey, this would be useful, no?". Most won't know config file coding from a stain on a carpet. If you really want to do something about it, contact the respective mod developer and alert them to the fact, or call them a bunch of names whatever's your preference. 

2 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

You haven't kept up to date with the game lately have you?

Once upon a time the reload time would not be broadcast but now it is when you press the reload key (F8 by default)

What the badly written config does is repeat everything because whoever made it did not keep it up to date

I rarely see reload spam in pub battles in tiers 7 through 10.  Its not a common occurrence.  Maybe its an EU server thing where everyone spams their reload times or maybe its more common at lower tiers.  I haven't have reload spam be an issue in pub battles.  its only a tiny number of players who do it.

However its still useful to know when my team's auto loaders and TD's will be reloaded.

33 minutes ago, Bavor said:

I rarely see reload spam in pub battles in tiers 7 through 10.  Its not a common occurrence.  Maybe its an EU server thing where everyone spams their reload times or maybe its more common at lower tiers.  I haven't have reload spam be an issue in pub battles.  its only a tiny number of players who do it.

However its still useful to know when my team's auto loaders and TD's will be reloaded.

But you don't need a mod for that... which brings me back to my original point...

2 hours ago, juhaas said:

For the most part they just install a bunch of mods like many of us and this is simply shitty-ass mod design by people who probably actually thought "hey, this would be useful, no?". Most won't know config file coding from a stain on a carpet. If you really want to do something about it, contact the respective mod developer and alert them to the fact, or call them a bunch of names whatever's your preference. 

100% agreed. Look at for example the most widespread "I'm Spotted!" type mod. It's called SpotMessanger. Guy couldn't even get the name right.

6 hours ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Introduce "Skill Matchmaker", making statistically similar players get in the same battle, that way there wont be one or two unicums tearing appart red tomato teams, reds would play against reds, yellows against yellows and such.

Tell me how to do it without extending waiting time and not making servers cry. Every new rule added to MM is making it slower and more vulnerable to bugs. It's really easy to say "give skill skill MM" but it's way harder to make it and almost impossible to introduce what players really want.

6 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Tell me how to do it without extending waiting time and not making servers cry. Every new rule added to MM is making it slower and more vulnerable to bugs. It's really easy to say "give skill skill MM" but it's way harder to make it and almost impossible to introduce what players really want.

imho the only rules to mm should be, balance # of tank types, restrict TDs to two per side, Limit arty to 1 per game 

23 minutes ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck about random chat spam messages? But the arty ones can go castrate themselves with red hot railroad spike.

This

If you care that much get the chat spam mod filter. 

The people that say turn chat off are degenerate. You miss comedy gold and the 1 in 20 games when a pubby might actually say something important.  

The only thing that makes me more mad than the arty chat macro are the idiots going HUR DUR I HAVE MORALS TURN CHAT OFF.