leggasiini

Top 10 worst tenks in YOUR opinion

We dont have a thread like this on labs (...or am i wrong?) so i decided to bring it up. There is dozens of these in official forums, but i want to see how people thinks that here. What are your top 10 hated/worst tanks that you have played?

Here is my top 10 i played:

10. Tiger P, some like it, i think its just horrible. Poor DPM, mediocre mobility, very vulnerable to skycancer because long flat and weak side, and very random armor that often feels like it doesnt work even against noobs or tier 5s like its supposed ot be. Other than having very gimmicky armor, its a significantly worse Tiger I.

9. Type 4 Heavy. Too slow to do anything. Gun is as slow as tank itself; extremely long reload which is often hampered even further by biggest ammorack in the game, and aiming time, accuracy and gun handling are D-25T levels of bad. 3 pros: alpha, armor, and depression, and former is hard to abuse properly with extremely slow and derpy gun and middle is destroyed by gold.

8. Centurion 1. It probably isnt terrible as tank, but bloody hell how much i hated it. Crap hull armor, slow top speed, huge size, low alpha, weak modules and low DPM. Id like to have one of those points to be good, but when combined together, its impossible to make me like such tank that has those combined together, no matter how good other points are. And thats what Centurion exactly is.

7. Black Prince. Worst gun and mobility from tier 7 heavies, while having okay armor that however struggles against tier 8s and 9s hardly unless it can sidescrape. It cant do anything back though. Even with gold, the damage is just too pathetic and DPM is too mediocre to do anything significant.

6. Crusader SP. St Vz 39, just all around shitty at everything apart from ok pen and depression

5. Type 91 Heavy. Great gun with one of the worst possible platforms in the game. Large size, poor mobility, totally no armor and boobs that limits gun depression to negative levels (IIRC). Great.

4. SAu-40. Hetzer without any armor, huge M3 Lee-like tumor, worse mobility and no AP. Platform that is comparable to Churchill GC screams longer range fighter, but your gun choice: either you use derp which makes sniping retarded or you use 75mm which makes you more or less worse M3 Lee. M3 Lee. (btw while it isnt good, its not as bad as people say and not enough bad for this list)

3. DW2. I rage sold it after few battles, bought back, ragesold as quickly as first, and bought it 3rd time, got VK 30.01 H, and ragesold that thing aswell.  It should be tolerable with gold spam though, but without it, its nearly as bad as Type 95 and i have just horrible memories from it.

2. M5 Stuart. Completely useless gun against nearly everything. I remember reading from somewhere that someone had to learn weakspots of fucking arties when playing this thing. It can scout, but only with good crew and equipment, and thats the only thing it can do. And it completely depends on map and on your team. And i mentioned you need equipment aswell: why would you want to buy equipment for it? Played it 1 game post-nerf, sold it and researched Chaffee. Ugh. I always laugh when i see one.

1. Type 95 Heavy. Definition of utter abomination. People who designed it causes shame for Japan, for Japanese tanks, for all tanks, and for just entire world. Quoting my full opinion from my JP Heavy review:

Spoiler

Seriously. What. The. Fuck. Is wrong with this tank? Seriously WG. Just. Why...

We can say that there is 3 "main" things in tanks: gun, mobility and armor. Ofc there is all of those little other stuffs like HP, VR, camo, etc. but anyway. Logically, often 1 or 2 points are good and 1 is bad, or 3 of them are well rounded. Think AMX 50 B. Good gun, good mobility, bad armor. M48A1 Fatton? All around decent. E 100? Good firepower, good armor, but mediocre mobility. Then there is slightly different cases, such as T110E5 where all of those 3 points are above average/good, or Maus, where only 1 point is good (armor) and 2 others are bad. Ofc with like 300 - 400 tanks complete balance is impossible, especially with 5 different classes.

Then there is Type 95, which is so laughably unbalanced that its terrible. Here is why...

Armor? Lol? This thing has no armor. It gets insta penned by everything expect maybe Pz 1 C from front and its huge so it cannot hide either. Tier 4 matches has atleast 3 Hetzers, which Type not only cant pen easily, but they can just oneshot Type at any angle. And this fucking shit cant run from them. GG

Mobility? Power to weight ratio is nearly as bad as Maus? Check. Top speed is nearly as bad as Maus? CHECK. So not only you got useless armor, but you also got no mobility either. You cannot run away from anything. Yes, if you see Matilda, you need to hope that he doesnt start chasing you, because once he does, Type is not fast enough to escape from fucking Matilda. By this logic, should this thing have good gun?

Fuck no.

The gun is just not good, its not even okay...Gun is shit. Yes. SHIT. Atleast it has good points. 110 alpha is good on tier 4, and it gets 1.8k DPM which for that alpha is AWESOME... on paper. Its ruined by few points. First off, the gun handling is TRASH. Its seriously like D-25T levels of cancer. It aims like fucking drunken walrus. Is that bad enough? Hell no, it also gets shell velocity that is worse than some derp guns. And accuracy itself is also shit. Oh and while pen is okay, you cannot aim at weakspots, so its SHIT TOO. And premium round is HEAT which doesnt help this poor shitty bastard at all as it makes it feel like direct fire arty spamming HEAT expect without any damage. The gun is worse than Type 91's. Type 91 can atleast snipe. This cannot. 

This tank does get limited MM. Does it help? Tier 3s are challenging for it, it cant really fight tier 4s, and its 100% useless against tier 5 in most cases. So, fuck not. Limited MM doesnt help at all. Lets be honest, does it make even difference anymore that if you get completely eaten alive by tier 5s than you get completely eaten alive by tier 6s? Same fucking thing, so another potentially OK pro totally trashed by shittyness. Its like putting MS-1 against KV-1, and then against IS-7. Result isnt even that different, despite IS-7 is 5 tiers higher than KV-1. Only, and ONLY LITERAL THING that isnt 100% negated by shittyness of this tank is depression. -12 is actually super awesome. Ofc, this tank has bad turret armor, poor gun handling so it cant poke, and poor accuracy so it cant hit effectively, but hey, it has small turret so it can somewhat hide its hull. Thats something...then arty will drool at this pinata when it isnt hiding behind rock. So enjoy your hulldowning for minute. Thats the reason why i didnt give zero or even negative rating for this tank.

So, all tanks should have 3 of those points somewhat balanced out? Ofc game is not 100% balanced. But really WG, why you made this tank SO shit? There is shit tanks, but this is so fucking piece of shit trash that it makes everything else on this planet look good. AMX 40? Shit gun, shit mobility, but atleast good armor. DW2? Shit mobility, meh armor, and shit gun, but atleast last one can be fixed by gold spamming. Churchill GC? Shit mobility, shit armor, but gun is pretty decent. M5 Stuart? shit gun it has no gun at all, shit armor, but its fast so it has atleast a role, aka scout, although its still super shit tank aswell as it cant influence the battle itself really. 

See? I listed some of the most very hated tanks in the game by players. All of them has some kind of redeeming features. Type 95 doesnt. Or it does, but its shitty parts are so shit that they overlap basically every "good" part it has, expect maybe depression (it isnt surprising that this tank has so much depression). So, conclusion? Shit armor, shit gun, shit mobility. All of those shit. No redeeming fucking features. It cant snipe, it cant brawl, it cant flank, it cant hulldown properly, it cant scout, it cant take hits, it cant be arty, it cant be TD, it cant do anything, its just shit. All it can do is to use its potato launcher behind allies and hopefully does more than its own HP worthy of damage, maybe in 1/10 of battles. If you thought that Type 91 is bad, this is basically same thing tier higher with even worse gun, and more HP so enemies have more food to farm.

Since pretty many of you dont play low tiers, heck some dont even play tiers below tier 8, so you maybe still cant fully imagine how shitty this tank is. Imagine Type 4 Heavy. Then give it Lorraine 40t's armor. And then give it D25-T. Thats tier 9 version of Type 95. Its that bad. I maybe used it wrong, you can safely disagree, you can have different opinion, you can say that something is worse and this thing has potential, but FUCK THAT, you cant change my opinion. Do anything, you cannot change my mind. This is my opinion. THIS. SHIT. IS. THE. VERY. WORST. TANK. IN. THE. GAME. PERIOD. 

...Thank god its tier 4, and the line is very good after this for a while. But seriously. My advice? FREE XP IT. FUCKING. FREE. XP. IT. DO NOT WASTE UR TIME WITH IT. PLEASE.

Sorry for ragereview, felt it just had to be done. Bashing this tank felt so good.

Honorable mention: 

FV4005. I havent played it myself (expect test server, impressions were horrifying btw), but it should be easily worst tier 10 in the game. Its like arty with 4x HP but no ability to fire indirectly.

Was very close to add 50 120 aswell, but in return didnt decide to do that. It would be probably 11th tho

I'm going to disagree with 7 and 8. I enjoyed *and* did will in both the Black Prince and the Centurion.

The BP excels at firing on the move although, like many tier 7s, it tends to get brutalised by higher tier vehicles.

For me the Centurion just clicked :-)

Yeah, the Cent is no way a 10 worst tank.  The M3 Lee belongs on this list, as do several of the Tier 5-6 VKs, the 36.01 VK H is bad.  Pretty much 7-8 of the french TDs could go on this list.  

I assume you are leaving premiums out on purpose?  There are some hideous premium tanks, made all the more so by the fact that you have to buy them with real money.

No Lorrain 40t?  I've never played it, but it is consistently reviled by everyone here.

I don't mind the Crusader SP. Sure, the flat arc leads to hitting harder spots, and the alpha is mediocre at best, but the low trajectory means a fast shell travel, and makes it far easier to hit mobile targets.

Not in any particular oder, but these are the ones I remember being the worst I've played

59-16, shitty penetration, useless in anything else than tier 6 strongholds, even there struggles against heavies (O-I)

VK28.01, Big target, bad choice between guns. Derp 105 with HE or HEAT is only "viable" option. Only useful against against soft tanks. Too situational

AMX 50 120, elevation and depression of the gun is the thing that I hated the most. Time between shots is also too long (3,33sec)

A44, Half decent mobility, okay upper plate and turret front, weak in cupola and LP. No gun depression and only usable with full APCR spam.

Archer, Good gun on terrible platform. Cannot push effectively, since the tank moves much faster backwards. 

Challenger, Just shittier Comet plain and simple and not like Comet is that good even.

Tiger, DPM helped but most of the time you cant utilize that dpm and you end up trading 240 for 390 or something.

SP I C, Slow acceleration, somewhat slow,  slow velocity of the rounds (AP or HEAT)

BDR 1 B, Just weird tank, nothing especially bad or good, just plain meh

AMX 12t, slow and bad gun. Might for on strongholds

1 minute ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Challenger, Just shittier Comet plain and simple and not like Comet is that good even.

If you thought the Challenger in WoT was bad you haven't played it in WT :serb:

35 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

Should exclude arty or top10 would be arty 
and Panther IMO is worse than Tiger P, you at least bounce retards and have 240 alpha.

23 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

Agree with all except Centurion and Tiger P, both seem decent to me.

I feel like the VK 3002DB should be in this list, possibly the tier 4 czech as well

ty for reminding me that czech tier 4 exists, i had to put it on list but forgot. Crusader SP felt like a odd filler, and since its arty anyway i put czech tier 4 at its place

27 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Yeah, the Cent is no way a 10 worst tank.  The M3 Lee belongs on this list, as do several of the Tier 5-6 VKs, the 36.01 VK H is bad.  Pretty much 7-8 of the french TDs could go on this list.  

I assume you are leaving premiums out on purpose?  There are some hideous premium tanks, made all the more so by the fact that you have to buy them with real money.

No Lorrain 40t?  I've never played it, but it is consistently reviled by everyone here.

Keep on mind that this is list what i have played. Hence why i mentioned FV4005 as honorable mention, as i havent played it but im very sure it would belong into this list. No trashy premiums in the list as only one what i played is TOG II (which actually is kinda trashy but its hilarous and fun which is why i excluded it from the list). I havent played Lorrie either.

I forgot to mention anyway guys that this is list what i have played and then what i consider for me worst/most frustating/etc. If this was about all tanks in the game it would probably look slightly different. My bad.

I didn't include any arties for reasons. And no these tanks aren't all trash, but imo these are worst 10 I've played so far. Some of these tanks also suffer from me playing them when I was deep red (or so), but the memories are still there...

10. CDC, at the beginning it felt like joy to play, but in current meta it's most of the time just useless. And you can't snapshot shit, hell you're lucky to hit even fully aimed shots. Why is this same gun so much better in FCM?

9. VK 45.02A, medium disguised as heavy, but doesn't have any good qualities from either class. Gun is half decent though.

8. AMX 50 120, grown to hate that derpy gun, when it works it's good, but it usually just doesn't. Plus no depression or elevation or armor is installed in this "heavy" tank. Good luck with sniping in this.

7. Jg.Pz. IV, not that bad actually, but I hated the gun, which is usually the selling point of turretless TD.

6. KV-4, no just no. I know some guys do amazingly in it, but I sure didn't, was my 1st tier 8 too and I was much more potato at the time, but I've never even thought to buy it back and try again.

5. 34-85M, if only I had waited to get Rudy instead of this piece of shit. Nerfed 34-85, that really has nothing to offer.

4. M5A1 Stuart, ok I played it at time it could (often did) meet tier 8's and had a very bad crew. But it just had nothing going for it apart from mobility.

3. Churchill I, slow and weak, only morons bounce from it. Gun is half decent, but lacks severly in alpha and doesn't really scare anyone.

2. Type 91, only tank I feel that has negative depression (on the spot of boob that is), so bad I had to free exp it and it's a fuckin tier 3, which takes like four games to complete.

1. St Emil, slow and soft utter piece of garbage. Only thing it has going for it is gun and depression, but I still hated every game I had to play in it.

Edit. Also like to add, that I haven't played french td's but to tier 4 (and thinking about it that might belong to list) or Japanese high tier heavies, or chinese high tier tanks...

Also I've apparently forgotten AMX 12t and AMX40 even exist, those two pos belong to list.

19 minutes ago, Taze said:

I didn't include any arties for reasons. And no these tanks aren't all trash, but imo these are worst 10 I've played so far. Some of these tanks also suffer from me playing them when I was deep red (or so), but the memories are still there...

10. CDC, at the beginning it felt like joy to play, but in current meta it's most of the time just useless. And you can't snapshot shit, hell you're lucky to hit even fully aimed shots. Why is this same gun so much better in FCM?

9. VK 45.02A, medium disguised as heavy, but doesn't have any good qualities either class. Gun is half decent though.

8. AMX 50 120, grown to hate that derpy gun, when it works it's good, but it usually just doesn't. Plus no depression or elevation or armor is installed in this "heavy" tank. Good luck with sniping in this.

7. Jg.Pz. IV, not that bad actually, but I hated the gun, which is usually the selling point of turretless TD.

6. KV-4, no just no. I know some guys do amazingly in it, but I sure didn't, was my 1st tier 8 too and I was much more potato at the time, but I've never even thought to buy it back and try again.

5. 34-85M, if only I had waited to get Rudy instead of this piece of shit. Nerfed 34-85, that really has nothing to offer.

4. M5A1 Stuart, ok I played it at time it could (often did) meet tier 8's and had a very bad crew. But it just had nothing going for it apart from mobility.

3. Chuchill I, slow and weak, only morons bounce from it. Gun is half decent, but lacks severly in alpha and doesn't really scare anyone.

2. Type 91, only tank I feel that has negative depression (on the spot of boob that is), so bad I had to free exp it and it's a fuckin tier 3, which takes like four games to complete.

1. St Emil, slow and soft utter piece of garbage. Only thing it has going for it is gun and depression, but I still hated every game I had to play in it.

Edit. Also like to add, that I haven't played french td's but to tier 4 (and thinking about it that might belong to list) or Japanese high tier heavies, or chinese high tier tanks...

Also I've apparently forgotten AMX 12t and AMX40 even existing, those two pos belong to list.

Don't agree on the vk4502. It's very good at pissing on tanks wielding 122s and it's fast enough to go to med spots. 

I'd put Skoda T24 instead. That DPM + Dat Armor + meh gun handling make it a worse CDC at t5.

I disagree with the Tiger (P) assessment. 75% of a Tiger 1 with peekaboom capabilities and malable autobounce armor still makes it a Tiger 1 tank of middling pedigree. That's not bad at all. 

The armor might be a gimmick but it's a potent one given the terrible player base. That's ignoring the fact that the armor is rather flexible to use.

The term bad needs a reasonable definition honestly. What is a bad tank exactly?

Alright lemme try

10. Amx 38. No gun depression, slow, and tier 3. At least the Amx 40 has a novelty factor.

9. 50 120. Free xping past this tank was a worth the gold. E1 is just infinitely better aside from pen.

8. Tier 5 skoda. What is dpm? 

7. Arl v39. That gun arc and that stock gun :serb: 

6. Toldi. Worst dpm at tier 3 and no other redeeming qualities.

5. Panzer syphilis. Aka the big dick. Slow and paper. 

4. T28 prot. 1k hp as opposed to the other armored tds getting 1500. The armor is also completely worthless because people can just gold spam through the front of it or shoot the cheeks, it also can't be angled or else the side becomes auto pen .

3. Wz 120. This tank is pretty gud. But oh god that stock grind, why?

2. Probably some shitty tier 4 tank

1. A44. It looks like a strong tank with a good hull and hard hitting gun. Too bad the armor is a lie. Every shot you take through the front kills your engine, damages your ammorack or sets you on fire. The gun's aming speed is actually measured in centuries and once you are aimed your target is probably dead. Also the gun depression is absolutely terrible from the front sides and rear so you have to expose your tank to shoot over ridges. 0/10 would get mentally tortured again.

14 minutes ago, Casas5591 said:

The term bad needs a reasonable definition honestly. What is a bad tank exactly?

Hmmmmm, lack of saving graces. For me the classic example of a terrible tank is the Churchill Garbage Carrier:

• Incredibly slow and poor traverse
  • Large
  • Thin, flat armour
  • Terrible gun traverse

The 32pdr may be a decent gun for a tier 6 but even that can't save the vehicle from being trash.

There are a few other similar vehicles like the SaU40 and a couple of other low-tier turds that lack any kind of saving grace.

Most of the other vehicles mentioned here are more situational than bad. For example, the ARLv39 is not that bad if you use the 105mm with gold. Compare that to some vehicles that are awful no matter how much gold you sling or modules you mount and I think you have the dividing line.

Some vehicles are bad stock but become merely mediocre when tweaked and armed. Others are awful no matter what.

1. Churchill Gun Carrier - Not even a contest. If you think anything is worse than this tank you haven't played it.

2. FV4005 - Big gun, nothing else remotely good. (You might notice a pattern...)

3. St. Emil - See above. Though you get gun depression now. Awful tank.

4. STA-1 - This tank is terrible. Slow, no armor, gun stats are meh, prone to fire, and no rear gun depression. Bleh

5. M3 Lee - Excellent DPM that you can never use due to the lack of a turret, armor, or mobility.

6. Type 95 -  Heavy tank in name only. Awful at everything

7. Archer - Feels like cheating to include these low tier tanks. Again a tank with a good gun that can't do anything else because you have to drive backwards to have mobility.

8. M103 - Considering how excellent the rest of the tier 9 heavy tanks are, the M103 is a complete turd. Quite sad since the rest of the line is amazing.

9. T95 - In the age of corridor maps you would think this is king, but alas it has no speed. Easily outflanked and lacking DPM in a stand up fight the T95 dies alone just 300m from the base spawn 10 minutes into the game.

10. All arty - I know we all love to rag on arty, but I just can't enjoy playing them. I use to, but I slowly came to the realization that relying on RNG to have a good game as the base mechanic of the class, does not make for fun gameplay. I'm glad TD42 can be amazing in them, but arty are horrible.

Personally I don't care anything below tier 5, and I barely keep anything below tier 8.

I just want to defend some of the mentioned tanks:

A-44: it wasnt bad, I played only the doubles, because I was liberal with the APCR. If you don't try to snipe with it, it is actually usable.

VK4502A:  It is excellent against most tier 7, it is just not a real heavy if it is not top tier. I played it with a brand new crew, without 6th sense, and it was still manageable. 

In no particular order from the tanks I have played or know to be shit:

1. CDC (played)
2. Skoda T25 (played)
3. T-34/100 (played)
4. TVP VTU (played)
5. WTF100 (played)
6. FV 183 (played)
7. Excelsior (played)
8. AMX 40
9. Any TD that doesn't have a turret
10. Lorraine 40t, the only tank I didn't even bother trying and just skipped instantly

One thing I would not agree on is Tiger P, that thing is just frickin fantastic, a very close favorite as best T7 tank in the game after IS and maybe T20.

38 minutes ago, Stige said:

2. Skoda T25 (played)

10. Lorraine 40t, the only tank I didn't even bother trying and just skipped instantly

One thing I would not agree on is Tiger P, that thing is just frickin fantastic, a very close favorite as best T7 tank in the game after IS and maybe T20.

I couldn't disagree more with those 3 points.

The Skoda T25 is fast with an autoloader. What's your problem with it?

The Lorraine 40t is big, soft and can face situations where it is hard to use it effectively. However, it's fast with an autoloader. I see a pattern...

When was the last time you played the Tiger (P)? It can't sidescrape because of the shoulders, gold goes straight through the front because it's flat and the DPM and gun handling are bad. All it can do is (slowly) bully low tiers.

10. A-20. A completely frivolous tank, irrelevant in every game. 

9. Panther /M10. Probably a holdover from my hatred of the Panther, it's a DPM sniper that has a very low impact. 

8. Lowe. I struggled with this thing for 500 games or so before I sold it. Too slow, too big and too soft. 

7. S 35. Maybe my most disappointing drive, I'd heard good things about the 'bathtub's gun but I just couldn't deploy it to any effect. 

6. M3 Lee. Of course. 

5. Jagdpanther. Another massive disppointment, its historical cachet and great looks were overshadowed by how poorly I performed in it. 

4. AMX 40. It's like a light tank and a heavy tank all rolled into one, what's not to like! 

3. Panther. I rebought this damn thing twice and hated it all three times I played it. It just doesn't have enough alpha to be relevant as a sniper. 

2. ARL v39. Not only absolute garbage, but perfectly pointless as a grind. 

1. AMX M4. You know what was fun? Playing this tank when you could see Tier 10s at Tier 7. 

10 minutes ago, Kilpanic said:

10. A-20. A completely frivolous tank, irrelevant in every game. 

9. Panther /M10. Probably a holdover from my hatred of the Panther, it's a DPM sniper that has a very low impact. 

8. Lowe. I struggled with this thing for 500 games or so before I sold it. Too slow, too big and too soft. 

7. S 35. Maybe my most disappointing drive, I'd heard good things about the 'bathtub's gun but I just couldn't deploy it to any effect. 

6. M3 Lee. Of course. 

5. Jagdpanther. Another massive disppointment, its historical cachet and great looks were overshadowed by how poorly I performed in it. 

4. AMX 40. It's like a light tank and a heavy tank all rolled into one, what's not to like! 

3. Panther. I rebought this damn thing twice and hated it all three times I played it. It just doesn't have enough alpha to be relevant as a sniper. 

2. ARL v39. Not only absolute garbage, but perfectly pointless as a grind. 

1. AMX M4. You know what was fun? Playing this tank when you could see Tier 10s at Tier 7. 

what the fuck the jagdpanther is probably the best tier 7 TD

Just now, Goldflag said:

what the fuck the jagdpanther is probably the best tier 7 TD

Fuck casemate tanks in general is what I guess I'm saying. 

I'll only do tiers 6+, and only with tanks available in the garage either via gold or by research. And, in no particular order

1: Churchill Gun Cancer Carrier
2: ARL v39
3: M4Rev
4: TVP Tier 8
5: T-43
6: AMX 50-120
7: Lorrain 40t
8: T-21
9: PzSFL-V (GE tier 7 TD)
10: T-34-2