Sign in to follow this  
Pocktio

A Wolfi tier 9 and a Shiskebab tier 9

After the spectacular weekend special where I averaged 500k credits per game, I now have unlocked two tokens from each tree.

I'm considering the M1A2 and M8. 

Reasons: T90MS is boomy, but everyone has it. Chally 2 is thick thighed, but lacks the gun power. M1A2 is more all round and isn't overly popular. 

Reasons: I'm getting an M1A2, I don't want another MBT and I sure as fuck don't want the BMPT72. 

I'm also thinking of the Crab or Draco instead of the M1A2, with a Chally 2 or T90MS. 

Draco seems...eh. Great pve farmer, which is basically all I do. Crab seems great fun like VBL and Wisel but only in PvP. Some PvE maps don't really "work" with recon vehicles. MBTs, M8 and Draco probably work well on all PvE maps. 

So I'm looking for an all rounder that can take all PvE missions but could theoretically go into PvP if needed?

How is tier 9 meta now?

Still heavily MBT focused with few CRABs thrown into the mix, but you see the M8 and Draco pop up more and more, as they now become viable, but not that many people have them yet.

On the Chally, contrary to popular belief, the gun is actually very good and can be easily stacked towards permatrack machine for platoon games as damage sponge / support combo or for very good acc where it acts like elephant with a sniper rifle, abusing the gun as weakspot sniper at first, then abusing HP/armor lategame to just bully the last few people alive - more solo build.

Anyways, tanks currently best for both modes are T-90MS as easy mode, M1A2 and the Chally. M8 is more PVP oriented imho, and its still kinda lackluster, CRAB is PVP oriented as well, Draco is PvE easymode, but very hard for PvP with steep learning curve, high skill ceiling and requires a lot of patience, although if you can master it, it's a lategame rape bus. Both Termi 2 and Leo 2A6 just suck ass imho and are not worth it at all.

Well the T-90MS is still going strong i have no idea why its the only tier 9 MBT to still have pixel weakspots.

If you want the M1A2 its a great choice there is times when you will hate the Leo2A6's gun handling. I feel the reason everyone bashes the Abrams is because the side armour is just as soft as the Leo2A6, turret Armour is horrible almost 60-70% of the turret is only 100mm thick. 

I'm glad the M1A2 is good. I always wanted an Abrams, such sexy vehicles.

I find it incredibly difficult to educate myself with this game. WoT has an infinite repository of vehicle reviews and the like. Googling tier 9 tank reviews for AW and 75% of the results are bloody official news stories.

I'm surprised the Leo 2A6 is unfavoured, from the little I could glean people were gushing over it and lambasting the M1A2. I did get the impression a lot of the M1A2 hate was just tomato-fury though.

I heard the M8 had great speed and a great gun - which sounds like a WoT perfect medium...

Maybe M1A2 and Draco would be best. Arg decisions.

M8 might seem like perfect WoT medium, but this is AW. It's a big target that's not that mobile as far as AW vehicles go and has crap armor and no APS, which means you'll get fucked by HEAT and ATGMS, and CRABs and Dracos will be your death in 9/10 engagements. Atm, it's practically a TD and if you play it as such, you can do well. Agression though, is very hard to do in M8 and will more often than not lead to permature death. It's not a bad tank per se, but with the still dominant MBT/AFV combo and corridor maps, I find it very situational and too team reliant, since you need somebody to spot for you (M8 has one of the worst, if not the worst, viewrange) and stall the enemy to give you time to shoot. It's very good in platoon with competent AFV player who will allow you to put the fantastic gun to good use, but as solo machine it sucks. Due to the crappy armor it's also suspectible to bot snapshots, he spam and hordes of terminators in PvE.

Leo is just plain bad. Looks decent on paper, but gun handling is terrible and side armor is utter crap, not to mention bugged and can in places be penned by tier 1s. It can work in certain situations because of the frontal armor, but again requires somebody to protect your sides and back. In platoons, it can work fairly well, but pretty much every other vehicle can do even better.

M1A2 and Draco are good choice, especially as you seem to be solo player.

Edit - dual posting best posting

Alas I now realise I quite want them, but only have a token of each dealer! Arg.

So the Draco seems a safe bet for a PvE spammer like me, so I guess the only real options now are the T90MS or Chally 2? I guess T90MS is the only way forward. Shame about the M8. I suppose I can still enjoy the XM8 at tier 8.

51 minutes ago, Pocktio said:

Alas I now realise I quite want them, but only have a token of each dealer! Arg.

So the Draco seems a safe bet for a PvE spammer like me, so I guess the only real options now are the T90MS or Chally 2? I guess T90MS is the only way forward. Shame about the M8. I suppose I can still enjoy the XM8 at tier 8.

Ah, I forgot you only had one token for each. Well, if you are mostly PvE player, Draco is definitely the best choice. 30k damage games happen quite often with that thing.

T-90MS is a safe bet, it can do well in both modes without problems. Chally's nice and I prefer it, but it requires more effort to learn what works and what does not. 

Anyways, as long as you don't pick the obviously bad ones, the Leo and the Termi, it's all good.

I like the idea of the Challenger. I have acquired the Token via the Ariete so it's familar.

T90MS would be completely new. How pennable is it in PvE?

My engrish is stronk with me today (I'm tired as fuck tbh) and I have problems with your question.

You are asking about the armor, right?

The T-90MS? Well, it suffers from the same problems as other T-Series tanks where the bots aim uncomfortably close to your LFP and standing on a slight incline will make them aim straight at it, but other than that, it's pretty solid even from sides.

If you mean Chally 2, it's immortal unless you over-angle or do really stupid shit with it.