T-22 to be nerfed

11 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Yeah those are WAY to harsh. 

Turret to 40
Hull to 50
Terrain .8/1/1.7
Moving Dispersion to .1
Turret to .1

I know you have the tank, but I genuinely believe that it should never have been introduced into the game to begin with. Having a tank with one trick (armour) is fine in principle (Maus, for example), but they gave the T-22 lots of other tricks too - speed, gun handling, maneuverability, DPM (it's still high) etc. 

The only way to 'fix' the tank is to make it have:

• DPM comparable to E 50M;
  • gun handling comparable to 430;
  • what they've done to the speed/maneuverability/terrain resistances; and
  • reduce the engine HP/T.

OR, instead of all of that, nerf the armour to be like every other RU med. But then it's just copy/pasta, so I prefer nerfing everything else so it's at least different. 

As people have pointed out already, put the T-22 in an ideal reverse sidescraping position and all it's other stats don't matter. So the nerfs needs to hit it so it is sub-par in anything except ideal conditions, to balance it out and to properly reward people who know how to leverage its strengths. 

17 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I know you have the tank, but I genuinely believe that it should never have been introduced into the game to begin with.

This we will agree on. It need nerfed, no question about it. But to make it unplayable? Rather they just remove it

4 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

This we will agree on. It need nerfed, no question about it. But to make it unplayable? Rather they just remove it

I don't think the nerfs they are introducing or the nerfs I suggested would make it 'unplayable', but rather 'uncomfortable' when it is outside its comfort zone - exactly the way one trick ponies should be. A Maus hates being circled in an open field, for example.

The T-22 should suffer when trying to play the same way as an Object 140 or T-62A, but excel when sidescraping or in the midst of a brawl where people are panic shooting/autoaiming (it's niche).

New changes:

Turret

• Turret traverse: from 48 to 30.

Hull

• Hull Traverse: from 54 to 40
  • Terrain Resistance: from 0.6/0.7/1.5 to 0.9/1/2
  • On the move Dispersion: from 0.08 to 0.12
  • Rotating Dispersion: from 0.08 to 0.12

RIP as fuck.

52 minutes ago, UnusualMedic said:

New changes:

Turret

• Turret traverse: from 48 to 30.

Hull

• Hull Traverse: from 54 to 40
  • Terrain Resistance: from 0.6/0.7/1.5 to 0.9/1/2
  • On the move Dispersion: from 0.08 to 0.12
  • Rotating Dispersion: from 0.08 to 0.12

RIP as fuck.

RIP.

Straight down to E50M maneuverability + T54 acceleration

3 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

They should just go full hog and reduce its engine power so it becomes a niche pocket heavy.

Terrain resistance might be a plain power mod since the new physics. On the other hand, they claimed that for the previous physics when it wasn't true.

A more logical adjustment might be to change the weight: It doesn't seem plausible that the tank has the same weight as the Object 140. Engine power has the same effect though.

Hp per ton and terrain resistance similar to the STB-1.

So, STB-1 levels of maneuverability instead of best russian medium.

11 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Terrain resistance might be a plain power mod since the new physics. On the other hand, they claimed that for the previous physics when it wasn't true.

A more logical adjustment might be to change the weight: It doesn't seem plausible that the tank has the same weight as the Object 140. Engine power has the same effect though.

The armors not substantially thicker, its just such a ridiculous layout that the tank was virtually impossibru to use. IMO they should play the "Historical Accuracy" card and give it godawful soft stats to reflect the fact that the crew were in horrible conditions even by Russian standards. Which is mostly what theyve done I guess (apart from the turret thing, that seems extreme).

Seem fair to me, it makes it more a heavium, more akin to an IS8 with a 100mm and will move more like a heavy. 

And it still has very good gun handling, 0.12, 0.12, 0.08 is still better than everything but the Fatton and the 140/T-62a. 

EDIT: In fact on further thinking I don't think it's far enough, with the better aim time/accuracy the handling is still better than the 140/T62A overall and it still has over 21 hp/ton.

Further mobility nerfs IMO, top speed like 48kph and further ground resistance nerfs, as pointed out above on those current stats it's still a faster and accelerates better than an STB-1.

1.1/1.3/2.2 IMO, 48 kph top speed. 

You guys are too focused solely on the terrain resistance.

The hull traverse is going from T62A to Batchat, and the turret traverse is going from T62A to slower than an E5.  Those are HUGE. The rotation dispersion nerf is almost irrelevant when the rate of turn is nerfed that bad (if you're turning slower, the effect of dispersion is lessened) but the forward movement one will hurt.

The terrain resistance (Patton/BC levels now instead of ruhovermed) is the cherry on top and it will now be VERY sluggish to manuever around -- especially on softer terrain.  It will certainly make twitching and tacking shots into the sides a lot harder to do in knife fights.

And because it's a reward tank and you're likely using a crew from another rumed... which one are you going to sink things like clutch braking or off-road driving on?  Probably none unless you want to make a specific crew for the T-22.

So yeah, it keeps the trolly armor but it will be a lot more uncomfortable trying to use it.

Seems obvious they want to kill the ability to maximially abuse the reverse sidescrape. Kill the traverse and you can't pull that shit of locking down two lanes of fire with a mere 5-8 second transition between the two.

16 hours ago, Deathpig_Jones said:

You guys are too focused solely on the terrain resistance.

The hull traverse is going from T62A to Batchat, and the turret traverse is going from T62A to slower than an E5.  Those are HUGE. The rotation dispersion nerf is almost irrelevant when the rate of turn is nerfed that bad (if you're turning slower, the effect of dispersion is lessened) but the forward movement one will hurt.

The terrain resistance (Patton/BC levels now instead of ruhovermed) is the cherry on top and it will now be VERY sluggish to manuever around -- especially on softer terrain.  It will certainly make twitching and tacking shots into the sides a lot harder to do in knife fights.

And because it's a reward tank and you're likely using a crew from another rumed... which one are you going to sink things like clutch braking or off-road driving on?  Probably none unless you want to make a specific crew for the T-22.

So yeah, it keeps the trolly armor but it will be a lot more uncomfortable trying to use it.

As pointed out it's still got better power to weight and ground resistances STB-1, that is hardly 'sluggish'. 

The Patton is a good comparison, it's faster than the Patton, will accelerate better than the Patton and still has superior gun handling to a Patton, whilst having vastly better armour. 

The turret and hull traverse are the only meaningful nerfs and IMO they aren't enough, if it's keeping the super troll side armour and that turret then it should be actually sluggish, not slightly sluggish compared to most tier 10 meds.

It's about time IMO the Russian meds were better balanced and this should start with a heavier nerf to this thing IMO. 

By 'sluggish to manuever' I meant in terms of its ability to make all the little moves to abuse micropositions in closer range fighting.  It will drive in a straight line just fine after the nerfs, but that's not really the issue.  These nerfs make the T-22 *worse* than a Batchat in terms of turning ability (slower hull traverse, equal or worse ground resistance), which makes knife-fighting and abusing micropositions significantly more difficult.  That type of fighting isn't something the Batchat relies on so you don't notice it as much, and the STB has huge gun depression so it mitigates a lot of the clunky.  You *will* notice it in the T-22.

On 4/8/2016 at 9:31 AM, Snoregasm2 said:

I don't think the nerfs they are introducing or the nerfs I suggested would make it 'unplayable', but rather 'uncomfortable' when it is outside its comfort zone - exactly the way one trick ponies should be. A Maus hates being circled in an open field, for example.

The T-22 should suffer when trying to play the same way as an Object 140 or T-62A, but excel when sidescraping or in the midst of a brawl where people are panic shooting/autoaiming (it's niche).

Yup .. we are all talking about terrain resists but still miss on the main factor which is the armour. Impossible to not notice T-22s driving out of battles with 3-4k blocked on standard basis (well at least the purples -- the orange and banana riggers still suck).

Announcing the nerfs to this thing was among the worst things WG could do to worsen the quality of random battles.

Cue mass hysteria as everyone's rigging on rampage and now you have at least 1 or 2 of these retarded tanks per battle, whereas before you would see them only occasionally.

Well fucking done WG. Well fucking done.

Grow a pair of balls and remove the cancer.

39 minutes ago, cpraf104 said:

Announcing the nerfs to this thing was among the worst things WG could do to worsen the quality of random battles.

Cue mass hysteria as everyone's rigging on rampage and now you have at least 1 or 2 of these retarded tanks per battle, whereas before you would see them only occasionally.

Well fucking done WG. Well fucking done.

Grow a pair of balls and remove the cancer.

Now when riggers start to complain.

IMHO i feel sorry foor poor fellas that didn't rig thing, i done quite few missions (but those were doable). All sweat, tears and trying to get slug. GG WG. :serb:

Thanks to Rode. He told us:
So, basically, the soft stats of the T-22 are NOT nerfed, even though in the 9.15 patch notes it was written, that the soft stats are nerfed a lot.:)

Says they arent nerfed, then shows the dispersion and turret traverse IS nerfed. Pretty much only shows that the tank traverse and accuracy are more or less the same.

If you look closely, base accuracy is definitely worse in 9.15 in that video. Terrain resistance looks worse in the last section, although it's not a good test.

Maybe they just swapped the hull traverse nerf for a base accuracy nerf.

Edit: Nope, base accuracy nerf was in the official list.

9 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Wow. That's a huge turret traverse nerf.

The movement dispersion needed to be nerfed. It was ridiculous.

T67 :D but on T10.

Now I'm really happy that i didn't piss blood to get this nerfed RU_med. Although it's sexy looking.