ZXrage

T-22 to be nerfed

I got it because I could. Got most of the missions done during that event I hosted. Havent played it yet though since Im out of the country for a while. Which is probably for the best, now when I DO get to play it I wont be depressed about it being less than what it was since Ill never truly know its greatness =/

I left my clan for exploiting stronks.  King when afk so I returned, only to leave again when they started to cheat for the T22.  I wanted to see each and every one of you banned for cheating to get this tank. But, as I feast upon these tears I feel like this might be better :) 

On 5/18/2016 at 7:21 PM, reking_havoc said:

I left my clan for exploiting stronks.  King when afk so I returned, only to leave again when they started to cheat for the T22.  I wanted to see each and every one of you banned for cheating to get this tank. But, as I feast upon these tears I feel like this might be better :) 

Jokes on you then, I still have it and you dont so no tears here. You can sit on your high horse but its all an illusion. Go back to the official forums where you belong.

After the nerf all the good players wont play it anymore, leaving only the shitters playing it. Which will result in it getting buffed ultimately. So Ill have all 5 glorious meds from the stronk Motherland at that point.

On 5/18/2016 at 6:21 PM, reking_havoc said:

So righteous. 

I helped few people to get one, and I'm gonna help some more. Personly I would like to have one, but I'm tired of stupid missions. 

On 5/21/2016 at 9:31 AM, TheSovereign said:

Jokes on you then, I still have it and you dont so no tears here. You can sit on your high horse but its all an illusion. Go back to the official forums where you belong.

After the nerf all the good players wont play it anymore, leaving only the shitters playing it. Which will result in it getting buffed ultimately. So Ill have all 5 glorious meds from the stronk Motherland at that point.

Joke on who? You assume I have a jealousy issue.  I have no need for E'Peen. Rigging has been a part of every single event to date. Here was a prime opportunity to identify habitual exploiters and ban them.

1 hour ago, BoilerBandsman said:

Personally I don't blame people for rigging when WG made it a competitive necessity, but how the fuck is being uncomfortable with borderline cheating an "official forums" attitude? 

Borderline? Cooperating across team lines is flat-out cheating, there's no borderline about it. I wish I could have got the tank myself, but I ran out of time to complete the missions honestly and I'm not going to cheat to get it.

2 hours ago, woe2you said:

Borderline? Cooperating across team lines is flat-out cheating, there's no borderline about it. I wish I could have got the tank myself, but I ran out of time to complete the missions honestly and I'm not going to cheat to get it.

Meh. I'm not comfortable with it, but doing this stuff in a room by yourselves in a throwaway game mode is a step down from aimbotting, maphacking, etc to gain real competitive advantage in real games. 

2 minutes ago, BoilerBandsman said:

Meh. I'm not comfortable with it, but doing this stuff in a room by yourselves in a throwaway game mode is a step down from aimbotting, maphacking, etc to gain real competitive advantage in real games. 

Except (a) it was not intended to be a throwaway game mode, but an addition to the game (b) riggers colluded to gain a competitive advantage over those who didn't rig, and made it downright impossible to get the tank without rigging and (c) by rigging and getting a flat-out broken tank, they gain a competitive advantage in pub matches, SH CW, and tourneys to the point where T-22s were banned from Clan League.

@sr360I didn't say I was okay with it. And it would probably have been a successful game mode if WG had ANY idea how to make achievable missions instead of the literally impossible ones at launch. At this point it doesn't matter because the well has been poisoned on the mode. I can also understand people who felt they were disadvantaging themselves/their clans by not rigging for it once the rigging started. All I'm saying is T22 riggers are a step below legit hackers (in other games obviously) and other scum like frumpylumps on the cancer scale. 

The real root cause is WG. Their balance team is so bad, they made a tank that was so good you were gimping yourself if you didn't get it. They compounded the issue by being so bad at balance that the playerbase did not trust that it would be nerfed/rebalanced properly. They further compounded the issue by having so little credibility with the playerbase that everyone assumed that riggers would not get caught or punished (an accurate prediction). They further FURTHER compounded the issue by making the tank nearly impossible to obtain even if the game mode was populated and functioning.

In short they created a situation where the only reasonable alternatives that players could see were to (a) rig, or (b) face a PERMANENT competitive disadvantage. 

TL;DR, I don't like rigging, but let's not forget Wargaming are the real villains of this story.

*BTW, I have no skin in the game either way now that it's being nerfed, but I never got one. 

17 minutes ago, BoilerBandsman said:

@sr360I didn't say I was okay with it. And it would probably have been a successful game mode if WG had ANY idea how to make achievable missions instead of the literally impossible ones at launch. At this point it doesn't matter because the well has been poisoned on the mode. I can also understand people who felt they were disadvantaging themselves/their clans by not rigging for it once the rigging started. All I'm saying is T22 riggers are a step below legit hackers (in other games obviously) and other scum like frumpylumps on the cancer scale. 

The real root cause is WG. Their balance team is so bad, they made a tank that was so good you were gimping yourself if you didn't get it. They compounded the issue by being so bad at balance that the playerbase did not trust that it would be nerfed/rebalanced properly. They further compounded the issue by having so little credibility with the playerbase that everyone assumed that riggers would not get caught or punished (an accurate prediction). They further FURTHER compounded the issue by making the tank nearly impossible to obtain even if the game mode was populated and functioning.

In short they created a situation where the only reasonable alternatives that players could see were to (a) rig, or (b) face a PERMANENT competitive disadvantage. 

TL;DR, I don't like rigging, but let's not forget Wargaming are the real villains of this story.

*BTW, I have no skin in the game either way now that it's being nerfed, but I never got one. 

I completely agree with the indictment of the lack of balance and especially the lack of enforcement of penalties on NA server, but that's more a failure of enforcement than anything. In every arena, cheaters have a competitive advantage over non cheaters. Steroid users have a competitive advantage over non-steroid users, and EPO users have a competitive advantage over non-EPO users. Even in lax enforcement situations, I would like to think that there were some who chose not to cheat and took a stand on morals/principles. While my money or career was not on the line in tanks, I chose the same stance.

To blame WG, though, is a deflection of blame. The riggers were not compelled to rig, they CHOSE to.  

48 minutes ago, sr360 said:

I completely agree with the indictment of the lack of balance and especially the lack of enforcement of penalties on NA server, but that's more a failure of enforcement than anything. In every arena, cheaters have a competitive advantage over non cheaters. Steroid users have a competitive advantage over non-steroid users, and EPO users have a competitive advantage over non-EPO users. Even in lax enforcement situations, I would like to think that there were some who chose not to cheat and took a stand on morals/principles. While my money or career was not on the line in tanks, I chose the same stance.

To blame WG, though, is a deflection of blame. The riggers were not compelled to rig, they CHOSE to.  

There's a reasonable expectation that cheaters will get caught and punished in those situations.  Given the history of WG, I don't think that could be said to be the case at the time "to rig, or not to rig?" was a question facing players.  I chose not to rig, but given that set of choices, it's not an open and shut moral case like it would seem at first glance.

TL;DR, I think rigging is/was wrong, but closer to the treedown or reload timer mod grey area, than to deliberate TKing or hacking and breaking the game.

17 hours ago, BoilerBandsman said:

TL;DR, I think rigging is/was wrong, but closer to the treedown or reload timer mod grey area, than to deliberate TKing or hacking and breaking the game.

The point is that none of these are grey area, they are all cheating (+/- local mod policy), and whether or not you expect to be caught or punished doesn't have any bearing on whether the act itself is cheating.

What might be closer to your intent is saying these cheats do not have as big of an impact as others.