Sign in to follow this  
woobycat

Thanks to your help, I think I have turned the corner

I have learned watching video of the better players, and I am taking less damage and staying alive longer in matches. Keeping the gun active as long as possible really seems to work, who woulda thunk..lol

What I really need now, is finding someone to run with who can show me how to set up better before each match. What you purple people look at on the map at the beginning of the game, and where you tend to go on certain maps for advantageous positioning. learning to flex at the right time is still not clicking for me.

I have moved to mediums, breaking out of my comfort zone of having more armor. If there are any takers out there to mentor me along in my journey to be a better player, I would appreciate it

Regards, and o7

woobycat

1 minute ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Well, hate to say it but you never turn the corner. The more you self-examine and correct, the more faults you observe. But kudos for taking the first step.

lol, thanks for that sobering thought...

No one can ever be perfect thus the desire to learn should never lose mind.

I'm still a mediocre player posthumously and as ludicrous as it sounds, when you reach blue/uni status, you'll treasure the learning experience/journey more than the actual gameplay in the long term.

About your inquiry: What's the map? What do I know about the map? Where are the "G-spots"? Why do they work? (summation of thoughts is a good exercise to practice) Where is my team going?

[Mid-battle] [My style: Capitalize on the maximum amount of mistakes before executing a action. This is a guideline early game and a rule late game] In a objective frame, will my pubbies hold this flank if I leave? Did we "win but not conquer" this flank? (I tend to base my valuations on whether we traversed over "important ground" that can easily suppress isolated pockets) (AKA: Enemy side of the nap/Red line) Should (I) pull back NOW? (look at the map and dots/assume green dot = .5 player ability and red dot = 1.5) (Always go for guarantees in life, STEM before ho's) How long will it take my tank to get there? What is the best Defensive "G-spot" on my spawn? (all maps seem to have defensible cover around caps, you should look at the map guide and come to your own conclusion)

How much of a advantage/disadvantage do we have now since I'm gud @ mechanics and can handle 2v1 with skills? (WoT playerbase is really that bad, it's feasible to outplay 1v1 but team play gets all of us the most stumped? Should I stick together tank group A or tank group B? How can I help in these comrades in arms? (Tip: most mechanical knowledge and application) Did my guys live the encounter?

And lastly if all fails: Can I outskill myself out of this fight or flight situation?

Those are my thoughts in-game. Tools of the arsenal. Oh so important to know when to make decisions of you can be aware what exactly you can influence mid-battle.

I hope that helps somewhat and if you have any inquiries, I'll be happy to answer them when I have the time ^_^

1 hour ago, Casas5591 said:

No one can ever be perfect thus the desire to learn should never lose mind.

I'm still a mediocre player posthumously and as ludicrous as it sounds, when you reach blue/uni status, you'll treasure the learning experience/journey more than the actual gameplay in the long term.

About your inquiry: What's the map? What do I know about the map? Where are the "G-spots"? Why do they work? (summation of thoughts is a good exercise to practice) Where is my team going?

[Mid-battle] [My style: Capitalize on the maximum amount of mistakes before executing a action. This is a guideline early game and a rule late game] In a objective frame, will my pubbies hold this flank if I leave? Did we "win but not conquer" this flank? (I tend to base my valuations on whether we traversed over "important ground" that can easily suppress isolated pockets) (AKA: Enemy side of the nap/Red line) Should (I) pull back NOW? (look at the map and dots/assume green dot = .5 player ability and red dot = 1.5) (Always go for guarantees in life, STEM before ho's) How long will it take my tank to get there? What is the best Defensive "G-spot" on my spawn? (all maps seem to have defensible cover around caps, you should look at the map guide and come to your own conclusion)

How much of a advantage/disadvantage do we have now since I'm gud @ mechanics and can handle 2v1 with skills? (WoT playerbase is really that bad, it's feasible to outplay 1v1 but team play gets all of us the most stumped? Should I stick together tank group A or tank group B? How can I help in these comrades in arms? (Tip: most mechanical knowledge and application) Did my guys live the encounter?

And lastly if all fails: Can I outskill myself out of this fight or flight situation?

Those are my thoughts in-game. Tools of the arsenal. Oh so important to know when to make decisions of you can be aware what exactly you can influence mid-battle.

I hope that helps somewhat and if you have any inquiries, I'll be happy to answer them when I have the time ^_^

All good stuff, thank you for sharing. I am just learning patience, and not blindly bolting to a known G-spot. Trying to let things unfold at first and then move to where I think I can be most useful...Its a fine line holding back, and not leaving damage on the table

Good spots exist both backwards and fowards, not just in the middle as we like to assume. Some good spots fluctuate in value per match situation because of how dangerous the middle can be. You should familiarize with and search the term "early damage" on WoTLabs as that correlates with ruik free positioning which will serve to help with you patience.

It's a A - B - C - D - win type of ordeal. If you go A - D - win then you might find your survival rate to be a tad low hehe.

I refer to damage as "brownie points". It's self serving. Don't get me wrong giving the D >_> is pivotal and there's a series of articles or threads by Chodeful and Garbad that kinds argue over the matter. Damage is important only if the damage you do is worth your time given you typicially cannot reach targets B & C who are hurting your weaker players whilst fighting target A hiding in A1 afk.

It's simply like this, a pound of gold is worth more than a pound of feathers. It's up to you to comprehend what your team needs from you with damage application to snag the win considering every little thing seriously counts in this game