TheLovePanda

What I have learned about playing well over the past 4+ years

On 7/10/2016 at 3:52 PM, WIKD said:

Very good write up, thanks.

I do have a question for anyone who'd like to chime in, and it's related to the OP post. How do you deal with a pub battle where a whole flank is ignored? Even with gentle reminders and pings. Such as Sigfried line and no one goes or covers the field. Or Lakeville and no one goes to or covers the city. I've tried following the lemming trail but split between the lake road and the valley it never works. And covering the city yourself and then asking for help again doesn't work. just looking for the best answer as that seems to be happening a lot as of late.

On 7/12/2016 at 7:13 AM, 3MAJ86 said:

I think the best is to go with the lemming train and force a push. In some cases, you are completely screwed (the lakeville example you mentioned), but in many you might be able to snag a cap win. If you are in a fast tank, you can force a push, break a flank, and then come back and def base, and hope that your pubbies will cap for win, or in some cases, you smashed the flank you lemminged to so hard, that the rest will be just a mop-up.

In some cases, that will be autoloss (lakeville valley, overlord beach push, 99% of the abbey 8-9 line push, erlenberg crossing the bridge push etc.), and in those cases just farm as much dmg as you can. Try to pull out of the mach as much as possible for yourself, even though you will lose eventually.

I know I'm like a month late on the response, but I think mr. 3MAJ86 is absolutely right. Stay with your team and try to do as much damage as possible. You may not win, but staying alive and dealing damage is your only option in those situations.

I only differ on one point. I never cap. Fuck capping.