Jump to content
ThomChen114

AMX 30 or Lorr 40t?

Recommended Posts

So at my current rate I should soon get enough EXP on my AMX 13 90 to unlock my first tier 9 French MT. And I have yet to really decide which one I will go for first. I do plan to get both eventually, but that requires more grinding on the AMX 13 90 after the fact.

Some of my assumption on the two choice of French tier 9 MTs

Lorr 40t:

I've heard some good stuff about, it but a lot of bad stuff about it as well. It's typically French with no armor, and is entirely reliant on its burst damage with the 6-clip 100mm SA47 and what mobility it possesses to get in and out. the tactics involved would be identical to the AMX 13 90, but on a bigger tank. before I went up the French LT line I had my misgivings since up till then I had little experience in autoloader armed tanks, and i'm still by no means a master of it, but i'm warming up to the playstyle

AMX 30

this seems to be the most comfortable tank to play since it has the normal tier IX medium tank playstyle, something i'm quite familiar with in the Type 61, Centurion 7/1 and M46 Patton. but being fast like the Leo and faster firing than the Centurion 7/1, lower profile (presumably better camo?) than the Type 61, and ok gun handling. 

any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Do you want a good and useful tier 10 at the end? Get the Lorr. Do you want a tier 10 unlock you would be foolish to actually spend any money on? Get the AMX.

This.
If you have any kind of clan ambitions at all, a bat has top pri.
The AMX 30b is essentially the same tank as the AMX 30 and you will experience it as a big nerf
with less preferable MM, more clickercunts etc. its a waste of 6.1M unless ure a tank collector.

I can add to it that french med tonks are probably the ones most dependant on high crew skills
(especially bat). It could be a good idea to unlock the bat but make sure you have at least
100% +2X skills on it before u drive it- ideally 3x. You need to max up camo and gunner skills
and also view range to be really effective in it. Bat was one of my first tier X and I did the mistake
of entering it with a low-skilled crew. Dont do it

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Do you want a good and useful tier 10 at the end? Get the Lorr. Do you want a tier 10 unlock you would be foolish to actually spend any money on? Get the AMX.

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-under

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThomChen114 said:

So at my current rate I should soon get enough EXP on my AMX 13 90 to unlock my first tier 9 French MT. And I have yet to really decide which one I will go for first. I do plan to get both eventually, but that requires more grinding on the AMX 13 90 after the fact.

Some of my assumption on the two choice of French tier 9 MTs

Lorr 40t:

I've heard some good stuff about, it but a lot of bad stuff about it as well. It's typically French with no armor, and is entirely reliant on its burst damage with the 6-clip 100mm SA47 and what mobility it possesses to get in and out. the tactics involved would be identical to the AMX 13 90, but on a bigger tank. before I went up the French LT line I had my misgivings since up till then I had little experience in autoloader armed tanks, and i'm still by no means a master of it, but i'm warming up to the playstyle

AMX 30

this seems to be the most comfortable tank to play since it has the normal tier IX medium tank playstyle, something i'm quite familiar with in the Type 61, Centurion 7/1 and M46 Patton. but being fast like the Leo and faster firing than the Centurion 7/1, lower profile (presumably better camo?) than the Type 61, and ok gun handling. 

any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

 

 

lorr 40t is a tiered up amx 50 100, w/ faster reload and speed, very nice in a plat, has ok clip potential and decent speed to run away while clipping, i enjoyed it, didn't do all that well in it but wasn't that bad

 

amx 30 proto, im enjoying it, i llike it more than when i used to have my e-50

 

just like everyone else, batchat is very nice and competitive, and a good tier 10 overall,

amx 30 and 30b are more pub tanks only (i'm keeping the amx 30, but prob not gunna buy the 30b

 

bab6f6dbf8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

the lorr40t is arguably the worst tier 9 in the game

but the batchat is very good

whilst the am30b is just a shitty leo 1 and the prot is ok

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, somewhart hijacking this thread:If I'm somewhat enjoying (not saying "am good in")  the amx 1st proto, will I be enjoying the Leo line, or is it a totally unrelated experience?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone that has both the Lorr and AMX30a I enjoy both a lot for very different reasons.

The Lorr has a similar hit and run style that the 1390 has but without the benefit of camo or small size.
The 'combat scout' or flanker mentality of the 1390 does fit in well with it and the BC after. Since the BC is such a heavily used CW tank, it's obviously the preferred line to pursue. As was stated earlier, crew skills make this tank. anything less than a 3x crew is damn near a stock tank. camo is a good idea. Spend the time in the 1390 to get a good crew before moving on or use a couple of the french med/light premiums to train them well before playing the 1st game in a Lorr. Also do yourself a favor and free exp the gun or port it over from the 50 100 (Its the same gun). 

The AMX 30A is a good sniper tank but suffers from a meh reload time and troll turret armor.

3 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

amx 30 and 30b are more pub tanks only (i'm keeping the amx 30, but prob not gunna buy the 30b

^ this. so much. the 30B is a waste of creds unless you just LOVE french tanks in your garage. neither will see SH/CW action at all unless there's nothing else. unless there's no Leo's avail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Hey, somewhart hijacking this thread:If I'm somewhat enjoying (not saying "am good in")  the amx 1st proto, will I be enjoying the Leo line, or is it a totally unrelated experience?

The AMX is a Leo1 with broken wings so just by comparison, you will.
Better gun depression,  better general gun stats apart from turret bloom while driving, better DPM.
A nimbler, more agile tank.
Just be aware of the fact that the top leo drivers have all more or less mothballed it 
in current meta(few vision game opportunities, biased corridor brawling all the time, average 2.5+ arty
in the tier X games on EU)

Apart from maybe the bat no med tank in the game has a higher skill ceiling than the Leo and in the old days
on EU when I felt sad it was pure joy and awe to watch guys like Embryonic Journey and Poltto
drive this thing. Because of beforementioned corridor meta and a change in the accuracy/aiming mechanics
it got substantially harder to make it work properly though
Just so you know

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lorr40t as some say before is a buff 50 100 with better gun dep, reload and speed. But it still as the same flaws : Huge (the BC seems so tiny after this), no armor and it take some time to unload is gun (around 12 sec irc). I manage to get 60% W/R with it, so the grind is not awful. Still it's not a keeper and the only reason you will play it it's to get the bat.

And the other hand, the amx 30 it's a great chain sniper tank and definitively the highlight of the line. With a good 105, mobility, RoF and gun dep you can rack up a ton of damage. But the gun handling is awful and you have to use food be able to hit something else than the tracks of your target. Oh and it tke fire from the front ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really take AMX30P's turret rotation dispersion...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...