Jump to content
wevilc

T1 Heavey

Recommended Posts

I have checked but don't see a thread on this tank, which I have just acquired (note, I only play blitz).   I should be interested to know how it rates against other tier V heavies in the opinion of the more experienced.  The only other tier V heavy I have played was the KV1 and found that to be pretty good.   Apart from being faster, does the T1 have any other edge?

Link to post
Share on other sites

its pretty gud all rounder (i olny play pc) tier 5 is pretty ezz in any tank if you know what your doing tho, m6 is really good to

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, westybig said:

its pretty gud all rounder (i olny play pc) tier 5 is pretty ezz in any tank if you know what your doing tho, m6 is really good to

Thanks westybig.   I guess the M6 is the next level up?   Tier V may well be easy for you ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The M6 is basically an uptiered T1 from what I've heard. All its attributes increase slightly (slightly more armor, better gun, VR, etc.). So yeah, the T1 is just kinda a heavium. You run around with a huge health pool and shoot stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Avoid exposing your sides to the derp guns that are all too common at that tier, T1 and M6 have relatively weak sides and can get seriously hurt by HE derps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also heavier than it looks (58 tons). High ground is your friend. Simply driving over the top of smaller vehicles is always an option, and crunching into the back end of even a higher-tier opponent can really ruin their day. It's a baby KV-5.

shot_542_zpsd7ba9a5f.jpg

The T1 turret face is kind of soft, so I seldom bother with looking for hull down positions and instead stay mobile and looking for high ground (or scouts to intercept).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The T1 benefits from being a tank that many people don't really know where to shoot from the front, so even a bit of angling will protect you from most equal tiers (that aren't packing some kind of bullshit gun).

 

It's got ferocious DPM as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

60 tons@35kph makes it the second best rammer at its tier range. anything tier 6 or below that isn't a japanese heavy is ram food (of course, the trick is knowing when to ram)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Th3GoldenDragon said:

60 tons@35kph makes it the second best rammer at its tier range. anything tier 6 or below that isn't a japanese heavy is ram food (of course, the trick is knowing when to ram)

Well, could you expand on that a bit Th3GoldenDragon?   I don't need a treatise (but feel free) but when are the best and worst times to ram?

I gotta say, after a bright start, I am finding it tough going with this vehicle.   It's said above it has weak side armour and soft turret armour - that doesn't leave much armour that isn't soft or weak! :( Especially challenging are the frequent match-ups with tier VIIs (the VIs are bad enough) when the only course seems to be to hide for 6 minutes (we're talking blitz here) and then pop out and try to one shot whatever is still alive and that feels kinda wrong.   I can see that bumping off scouts is a worthwhile endeavour but aside from that it seems impossible to do anything much when outmatched.   Do you just grin and bear it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:28 AM, wevilc said:

Well, could you expand on that a bit Th3GoldenDragon?   I don't need a treatise (but feel free) but when are the best and worst times to ram?

I gotta say, after a bright start, I am finding it tough going with this vehicle.   It's said above it has weak side armour and soft turret armour - that doesn't leave much armour that isn't soft or weak! :( Especially challenging are the frequent match-ups with tier VIIs (the VIs are bad enough) when the only course seems to be to hide for 6 minutes (we're talking blitz here) and then pop out and try to one shot whatever is still alive and that feels kinda wrong.   I can see that bumping off scouts is a worthwhile endeavour but aside from that it seems impossible to do anything much when outmatched.   Do you just grin and bear it?

The T1 Heavy is not a true heavy in the way that the KV-1 is. The KV-1 can side scrape and bully lower tier vehicles from most angles, but the T1 Heavy can't from most angles. The optimal angle if you are going to angle it is about 10-15 degrees. This isn't the best way to play it though. It is best played as a  mixture between a medium and heavy (as mentioned above). You don't need to be the spearhead of the front lines, but supporting it. The best time to ram is when you are facing about 1 or 2 tanks who are isolated from any allies and you can ram one without putting you life at risk. One example is if you have 1 shell loaded and there are 2 tanks you can 1 shot, you can shoot one and ram the other to kill both quickly. You can also ram an isolated tank as well as shooting them to kill them quicker so you have more hp left than if you didn't. If you are probably going to sacrifice a considerable amount of hp to ram someone, then you probably shouldn't ram them. The M6 is about the same gameplay, but at T6.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, mistermcman said:

The T1 Heavy is not a true heavy in the way that the KV-1 is. The KV-1 can side scrape and bully lower tier vehicles from most angles, but the T1 Heavy can't from most angles. The optimal angle if you are going to angle it is about 10-15 degrees. This isn't the best way to play it though. It is best played as a  mixture between a medium and heavy (as mentioned above). You don't need to be the spearhead of the front lines, but supporting it. The best time to ram is when you are facing about 1 or 2 tanks who are isolated from any allies and you can ram one without putting you life at risk. One example is if you have 1 shell loaded and there are 2 tanks you can 1 shot, you can shoot one and ram the other to kill both quickly. You can also ram an isolated tank as well as shooting them to kill them quicker so you have more hp left than if you didn't. If you are probably going to sacrifice a considerable amount of hp to ram someone, then you probably shouldn't ram them. The M6 is about the same gameplay, but at T6.

Thanks.   I'll try that with the M6.   I sold the T1 (having researched the M6) and am now saving up the silver.   I guess I'll struggle with the M6 too but hope life will get easier with the T29.   I am weakest of all with medium tanks (too many decisions to get wrong) so prefer an out and out heavy or TD when less brain power is called for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2016 at 6:28 PM, wevilc said:

Well, could you expand on that a bit Th3GoldenDragon?   I don't need a treatise (but feel free) but when are the best and worst times to ram?

I gotta say, after a bright start, I am finding it tough going with this vehicle.   It's said above it has weak side armour and soft turret armour - that doesn't leave much armour that isn't soft or weak! :( Especially challenging are the frequent match-ups with tier VIIs (the VIs are bad enough) when the only course seems to be to hide for 6 minutes (we're talking blitz here) and then pop out and try to one shot whatever is still alive and that feels kinda wrong.   I can see that bumping off scouts is a worthwhile endeavour but aside from that it seems impossible to do anything much when outmatched.   Do you just grin and bear it?

This isn't anything really specific to the T1. Since aggressive ramming would put you where the enemy is, it is usually an all-in move, and because of its relative squishiness it will not do well of you yolo into the entire enemy team. We're talking about a fine judgement of when to go in and when not it--a very complicated topic that, if mastered, will basically make you a unicum. So it kinda just stems from game knowledge and intuition tuned by experience. (In fact, I learned how to play the game on the T1 hoovy myself. It's the first tank on which i got 6th sense.) But there are some general tips that work well a lot of the time: In the early game, simply conserve HP and poke; Hopefully, in the mid-game you can use your big HP pool to achieve breakthroughs. Your mobility is incredibly useful in the late game. Rams usually happen either during the mid-game push or as late game yolorams when your team has already won. As your ram is basically a big alpha strike, It is important to learn when the burst damage from your ram will change a fight, by taking out key guns on the enemy team or finishing off wounded opponents. If I remember correctly (It's been a while since i played the T1) one shot from the 76 plus a clean full-speed ram will basically delete any tier 5 medium.

Of course, this is assuming you are not in a Tier 7 game. If you are, then either roll with your team's mediums to support them (you are fast enough; this is also a good idea in a game with a lot of tier 6's) or simply cower for the first half of the match, then hopefully exploit breakthroughs with your mobility. 

Hope this helped, and hopefully things aren't too different on blitz (or all this will basically be bullshit)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks muchly Th3GoldenDragon.   Yes, that fine judgment of which you speak is elusive.   As far as i can see the tank performs the same way as you describd at blitz.   But Im on the slower M6 now and facing similar but less acute difficulties.   I hadnt realised that ramming was such a big thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But now I have!   Awesome.   Ramming is basically an extra shot.   Now i understand why someone  said upthread to move to high grounc: its so you can belly flop onto the enemy.   Fun!   But i ditched the M6 and now drive a Japanese cartoon tiger :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

This tank bounces for me more than it should for some strange reason. The decent gun handling and decent acceleration minimise exposure in a trier where tanks need to aim a long time to hit you so that may be the case. It's just so easy not to get hit despite the size of the tank. I really like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...