Jump to content
Zesshin

Batchat 3rd Mark Grind

Recommended Posts

For the past week or so I have been playing consistently badly. There were a few nights where I couldn't even break 2800wn8 or 50% wr. After some self reflection I realized that I didn't have an objective, which led me to play aimlessly and overall being bad. To break this losing streak, I decided to attempt 3rd marking the batchat in order to try to refocus myself and hopefully improve through this process. Although I am definitely not one of the top players on the server, I thought making a thread like this can provide other players who also want to 3rd mark the batchat with some insight. 

Every 50 games or so I will update this thread with my session stats, current% and the best game I had for the session. Hopefully this thread is helpful to some of you (or at least interesting to read).

I can provide replays upon request.

My loadout:

Spoiler

3752yGJ.jpg


First 50 games:

Spoiler

HE6EZj2.png

MOE%: 78.00% --> 89.45%

Best game for session 1:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2619082#erlenberg-zesshin-bat_-ch_tillon_25_

Second 50 games:

Spoiler

zJPEsSb.jpg

MOE%: 89.45% --> 88.15%

*I actually dipped to 85% then climbed back to 89%, then dipped back to 88%. I was getting some really terrible teams and I wasn't playing at my best level either.

Best game for session 2:

They were all pretty shit

Last 50ish games:

Spoiler

uHhRaFy.jpg

WN8: 4100

WR: 65%

Dmg: 3978.64/battle

Kills: 2.1/battle

Spots: 2.24/battle

MOE%: 89.45% --> 95.16%

 

I kept track of my mark percentage over the past 50ish games and this is how it looked like:

92.21
91.80
91.72
91.26
91.82
91.05
91.11
91.46
91.48
91.57
91.52
90.82
91.07
90.61
91.01
91.38
90.34
90.34
90.70
91.03
91.14
91.12
91.75
92.15
92.83
92.22
92.43
91.92
91.30
91.57
91.75
91.57
93.20
93.57
93.16
93.34
94.05
93.89
94.29
94.43
94.96
95.16

To be updated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The batchat was a pretty hard 3rd mark to do, I would recommend if you start to tilt just back off it right away, because 1 bad games drops it a pretty big amount. Best of luck to you, and I agree 100% that you need an objective to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must have gotten harder since I achieved 3 marks on my bat. I'm doing at least 4.5k DPG these days, granted in small number of battles, and my MOE was only 92%. 

If you want I can send you all my recent bat chat replays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tip is to either go full APCR or 20/10 because forced reloads on HEATclips needs to be full magazine for when you need them. (Making your gun potent in as many situations as possible) along with dropping skills for BiA. Recommended setup:

Commander: BiA/Sixth/Camo/Rep(or SA if you spot heavily in it)

Gunner: BiA/Rep/Camo/Whatever you think benefits your playstyle

Driver: BiA/Rep/Camo/Clutch or Offroad because you don't snapshot in this tank.

 

I'm on cellphone atm but can anyone link the batchat thread from like a month or two ago? There's helpful stuff in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kolni said:

A tip is to either go full APCR or 20/10 because forced reloads on HEATclips needs to be full magazine for when you need them. (Making your gun potent in as many situations as possible) along with dropping skills for BiA. Recommended setup:

Commander: BiA/Sixth/Camo/Rep(or SA if you spot heavily in it)

Gunner: BiA/Rep/Camo/Whatever you think benefits your playstyle

Driver: BiA/Rep/Camo/Clutch or Offroad because you don't snapshot in this tank.

 

I'm on cellphone atm but can anyone link the batchat thread from like a month or two ago? There's helpful stuff in there

This one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found that spotting dmg is a huge part of marks in the batchat. I had several games where I only did like 2k or so dmg, yet the % still went up (was above 90%). So aggressive playstyle, and spotting as much as you can while you're on a reload definitely pays off as long as you know what you're doing. The batchat is one of the easier tanks to 3mark imo because it's so versatile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

How is the HEAT on the batchat anyway? I've never really considered using it due to how shit the gun is and the fact that if you're going head on against an E100 you're already doing it wrong.  

The HEAT on the batchat has terrible shell velocity compared to other tier 10 med HEAT rounds. It has 800 m/s compared to an RU med's 900 m/s. 

I think X3N4 had a post about how having a clip of HEAT on the batchat is useful. Let me look for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've recently updated my loadout on the BC in anticipation of grinding 3 Moe. As @Kolninoted above, I think 20/10 loadout is much better than (my previous loadout) 25/5. There are so many bullshit tanks right now, with E5s being king, Stug E-100 being top of the tree on EU and E-100/Maus,VK-B etc. for noobs who love corridor meta, that HEAT is essential, and one clip won't cut it.

I think the main thing with a BC 3 MoE grind though is spotting. It's insanely good at it, and I think you have to sacrifice dmg for it on some maps (Malinovka, Prok etc.). I had a few games over the weekend where I tried to play it like the Skoda T50 and it just can't do it - it's reload is too long, its gun handling is too cancer, its intra-clip at 2.7 seconds is horrible. But then I realised that relocating from A to B I was spotting 4 tanks and getting 1,000 assist dmg by accident. Use that for the grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zesshin said:

After about ~150 games, I finally finished the 3rd mark grind. There were a lot of ups and downs (like going from 90 to 85, or from 93 to 89) but in the end I pulled through. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

  Reveal hidden contents

uHhRaFy.jpg

 

Well played.

Come on then, let's see some figures. What was the DPG/APG for the run? What run of games did you need to push to 95% in your last session?

I'm not even touching the BC 3 MoE grind right now on EU as the teams are so terrible, but it'll be good to know for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zesshin said:

After about ~150 games, I finally finished the 3rd mark grind. There were a lot of ups and downs (like going from 90 to 85, or from 93 to 89) but in the end I pulled through. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

  Reveal hidden contents

uHhRaFy.jpg


 

Congrats, well done and done quickly!

 

I too am interested in more information from your experience, whatever notes/figures you might have please do share. Also replay packs (larger better) would be great.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the initial 100ish games I was maintaining around 3800ish dpg, which made me stuck near the 89% ish region for quite a while. Changing ammo load out from 5 HEAT to 10 HEAT didn't help much as sometimes it helped me pen E100s but sometimes screwed me over when I am forced to snipe with only HEAT left. In the last 50ish games, I was maintaining 4300+ dpg, and got to 93% on one night, followed by some bad games which dropped it back to 91%. On the second day I continued to struggle as my mark fluctuated between 93% and 91%, however, I had like 3 games in a row where I did 5k+ damage which bumped it to 94%. 3 more games of 4k+ dmg later I got my 3rd mark. 

What I found really interesting is that due to the nature of the bat spotting can be something very viable while you are not farming damage. As spotting damage also counts towards MOEs, having a decent amount of damage assisted (1-2k) can be really helpful. Another smart thing to do is if you have only 1 shell left in your clip, track the enemy, this way when your allies damage him the damage assisted goes towards you.

I can compile my grind if you guys want, tho some can be really good while some are absolutely shit (dying in the first 2 mintues of the game). Let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zesshin said:

For the initial 100ish games I was maintaining around 3800ish dpg, which made me stuck near the 89% ish region for quite a while. Changing ammo load out from 5 HEAT to 10 HEAT didn't help much as sometimes it helped me pen E100s but sometimes screwed me over when I am forced to snipe with only HEAT left. In the last 50ish games, I was maintaining 4300+ dpg, and got to 93% on one night, followed by some bad games which dropped it back to 91%. On the second day I continued to struggle as my mark fluctuated between 93% and 91%, however, I had like 3 games in a row where I did 5k+ damage which bumped it to 94%. 3 more games of 4k+ dmg later I got my 3rd mark.

What I found really interesting is that due to the nature of the bat spotting can be something very viable while you are not farming damage. As spotting damage also counts towards MOEs, having a decent amount of damage assisted (1-2k) can be really helpful. Another smart thing to do is if you have only 1 shell left in your clip, track the enemy, this way when your allies damage him the damage assisted goes towards you.

I can compile my grind if you guys want, tho some can be really good while some are absolutely shit (dying in the first 2 mintues of the game). Let me know.

Thanks for sharing further details. If you can upload the whole replay pack that would be very helpful. Cheers
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a link to a google drive folder containing 150 batchat replays and session chart. I strongly suggest you guys use Wot Replay Manager (which I also included in the folder) to go through the replays and pick the ones you want to view. I don't have time to go through all my replays and filter out all the really shitty ones so I apologize in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bigger the replay pack, the better.  That way we can see how you play a map with different team compositions and any patterns in your positioning.  It also shows what can go wrong at any given position.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zesshin said:

Here is a link to a google drive folder containing 150 batchat replays and session chart. I strongly suggest you guys use Wot Replay Manager (which I also included in the folder) to go through the replays and pick the ones you want to view. I don't have time to go through all my replays and filter out all the really shitty ones so I apologize in advance.

Thanks again, I will check this out.


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...