Not sure where else to stick this, unless the mods have a better idea

Looks like WoT going modern tanks isn't as farfetched as thought. Supposedly Wargaming's counter to Armored Warfare is already in pre-alpha and looking for a public announcement later this year. Those Challenger and Leopard 2 models leaked previously are (allegedly) the real thing.

Not even sure what to think of this, except Rita is right that Obsidian need to get off their asses and improve things quickly.

https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/04/15/insider-info-world-of-tanks-2-0-in-development/

Here's what the april fools stuff last year was.  More pictures in the link

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/april-fools-hope-you-enjoyed/

Spoiler

april_fools_2015_9.jpg

april_fools_2015_1.jpg

april_fools_2015_7.jpg

april_fools_2015_4.jpg

Also a tank from the "far future"

Oq84pLw.png

WoT 2 would kill itself and WoT 1. There is no enough players to keep both and with divided player base they would be unplayable in long term. This is not "pewpewpew" CoD series with very high dynamic gameplay which always brings many kids with their parents' money. 

32 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

WoT 2 would kill itself and WoT 1. There is no enough players to keep both and with divided player base they would be unplayable in long term. This is not "pewpewpew" CoD series with very high dynamic gameplay which always brings many kids with their parents' money. 

I don't think that they want to keep both games. I think that they are preparing this in case WoT gets less popular.

WoWp was a huge fail, just like WoT:Generals (they just stopped developing it yesterday) and I think WoWs is a mediocre success (don't count me on this, I am just guessing). Now they have one more game in development, this Master of Orion, and if that fails, too, they only have two games to "pay the bills". Now if one of that fails, too, they are in deep shit IMHO. So they are just planning ahead.

PS.: Sorry for the bad english, but it is late.

23 minutes ago, Valachio said:

Lmao...

Wargaming literally used Obsidian to test the market's demand for a WoT with modern vehicles.  RIP Obsidian

That, and hopefully also learn what to do and what not to do as well.

30 minutes ago, Valachio said:

Lmao...

Wargaming literally used Obsidian to test the market's demand for a WoT with modern vehicles.  RIP Obsidian

I already pointed out on EU forum some year ago when all were hyped about AW that WG will just use em as guinea pigs.

Just now, hallo1994 said:

Will it be separate or mashed in Wot 1?

Depends of success of project. If its fail as planes than mashed, if semi success as sheeps than separated.

4 hours ago, Dodge94HUN said:

and I think WoWs is a mediocre success (don't count me on this, I am just guessing)

well considering its very niche game, i think its actually doing fine, and getting better

i honestly dont see why WoT could not go above tier 10, ive always thought that WG would do that the day they run out of tanks

2 hours ago, Dodge94HUN said:

I think WoWs is a mediocre success (don't count me on this, I am just guessing). Now they have one more game in development, this Master of Orion, and if that fails, too, they only have two games to "pay the bills". Now if one of that fails, too, they are in deep shit IMHO. So they are just planning ahead.

WoWs has room for growth, provided WG actually listens to the player base for once (lol at introducing Soviet ships when even the the Russians wanted Royal Navy first) and gets their marketing in order (mostly NA server, it took them ~2 months to announce the next wave of ARP missions--beginning in ~2 months). Also the WoWs team at least is introducing changes for issues (torp walls and CV changes being current order of business). MoO is not really a WG title either, it's an Argentinian production licensed and sold by WG, not to mention as niche as WoWs (space 4x is not all that popular, even MoO). Guaranteed WG isn't betting a lot on MoO being the next big thing.

2 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Not necessarily, it may destroy NA and cripple EU, but Russia has more than enough players to support both games simultaneously which everyone knows is WG's main market.

Also the Armored Warfare thread on this is hilarious: https://aw.my.com/forum/showthread.php?71398-WoT-2-0-under-development-WG-goes-Modern-Tanks!

lol i was recently thinking of getting back into AW, but with this i may just hold off longer.

I stopped playing AW in January in hopes that if i waited a few months things would improve, though from what i see things have mostly stayed the same or gotten worse. lol and they just recently released a trailer for tier 10's

T-14 Armata (Main Battle Tank)

PL-01 (Light Tank)

Leopard 2A7-140 (Main Battle Tank)

SPHINX (Armored Fighting Vehicle)

XM1A3 (Main Battle Tank)

Challenger 2B (Main Battle Tank)

Egh. I have mixed feelings. I don't want them to drop WoT, and if they release this game and it doesn't instantly flop, that's a certainty. Would play it if its fun, of course, but I still think WoT has a lot of potential to be improved massively.

I hope it's a bad joke. WoT still has a hellacious amount of things that could be improved / reworked / added to keep this game going for many, many more years. Why the fuck would they create a new game? Especially since AW flopped so badly.

And yeah, unfortunately this game is extremely niche in the NA market. If they split up the playerbase even more, NA West (my home server) would just die. I don't want to see this game die. Not anytime soon.

So AW is basically a WoT clone with modarn tenks and now WG is making a AW clone? All we need is AW 0.5 that is about post WW1 - 60/70s tanks, and WT GF 2.0 that is about "realietic" battles of modern tanks. :doge:

I dont know what to say. If its end up being exactly like WoT but with moder tanks (and skycancer and some other problems fixed) then i might try it. I dont think that WG should extend tier 10. Here is why

1. Tier XI tanks would cost extremely massive values of XP. If Tier X costs about 180k - 300k XP, then i would expect tier XIs to cost around 300k - 500k XP. Since Xs doesnt have stock grinds (most of them) i would expect costs to be even higher. Credit wise, ~9 million. Not to mention repair costs. And thats just tier XI. Stuff like Abrams are definely too powerful for tier XI. For comparison, tier 8 - 10 equals tier 1 - 4 in AW. I feel like that even earliest variants of Abrams would be around tier XIII or XIV. There you would expect XP cost to be 1 - 1.5 million and credit cost around 20 million. Repair cost alone would be 100k if repair cost increases linearly. 

2. Finding continuation for tank lines. Some tank branches could easily continue. T-62A would lead to T-62 and that to T-72, for example. But what about German branches (expect Leo 1 branch)? What about JP Heavy branch? What about Czech line (TVP was last tonk designed by czechs, all others after that were Soviet tanks)? What about some TD lines? WG logically wants to have every branch a top tier.