Rexxie

Unconventional WoT Opinions 2

Way back in 2014 we had Unconventional WoT Opinions. Now it's 2016, and with a new meta & some new faces, it's time to see who differs from the norm!

Think a tank widely regarded as great is good? Or perhaps that shitter everyone skips is actually a MLG_noscope machine? Maybe this "great map" is actually stupidly unbalanced, but no one realizes it!

I want to hear about your wot opinions that'd get you tossed out of the wotlabs window. Extra brownie points if they are extra zany.

Domination mode had a far higher skill ceiling than Randoms. If the maps weren't so small and flag focused they would have been far superior to randoms given how WoT is designed with RNG, derps & clickers.  Arty & Bombers were received based on damage out put and proper use took skill - deciding on angles of approach and doing so with speed and accuracy while not cluing your opponent in that you were calling them in by your lack of movement. Likewise recognizing that the odd or no movement of your opponent was because they're using theirs also is a skill. By permitting you to respawn or repair mid-battle they also reduced the influence of bullshit RNG shots like one hit derp kills or ammo racks destructions. Using those repair circles at the right time also rewarded skill by keeping you at peak performance throughout.

Edit: typed rampage when I meant domination. Edit to correct it.

Edited by MetGreDKo
typed rampage when I meant domination. Edit to correct it.

27 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I want to hear about your wot opinions that'd get you tossed out of the wotlabs window. 

Arty is fair and balanced. 

OK I kid.

I think current maps are generally more fun then pre 9.0 maps, but too  small and lacking some bushkemp spots for visionplay to be equal to brawls.

Pz III with the 5,0 cm gun 110 pen on tier 4 with 75 alpha, and a reload time of 2,50 sec without food  and oh  only 70 armour on the hull and 57 on the turret with a top speed of 64 km on flat ground its also had more then 20 HP/T while still weighing about 18 tons (i.e you can ramm any other 4 or 3 medium/td/light tank into the next life)

demotivational-posters-theres-no-kill.jpg

Just now, KingYoshiLuca said:

I like the Super Pershing and the FV4202..

:popcorn:

Spersh should be considered one of the best T8s in the game! T9 HT armor on what would be one of the smallest heavies in the game... along with pref MM and a 260 pen APCR shell. If liking the spersh is an unconventional opinion, my jimmies are thoroughly rustled.

Just now, Rexxie said:

Spersh should be considered one of the best T8s in the game! T9 HT armor on what would be one of the smallest heavies in the game... along with pref MM and a 260 pen APCR shell. If liking the spersh is an unconventional opinion, my jimmies are thoroughly rustled.

Everyone hates hit :feelsbad: 

+-2 mm kind of ruins low and mid tiers- lately grinding up the Czech line and more laid back platoons in general its a 1 in 3 (a lot of the time feels like more with late night west server pop) chance you'll just be fucking useless for the game. needing to shoot gold to pen the sides and rear of a tank that can 1 or 2 shot you is just aids.

people go into lots of depth on the theory of how tanks play and how they're all different then while most tanks play very similarly. 

British tanks are given a lot of shit for having no armour but they are actually pretty bouncy.

Siegfried line is an absolute shit cunt of a map.

Waffles are still cancerous, they just put out so much damage like the 155mm roomba and wt pz4 or waffles they'll fuck your shit up even if they die doing it. 

Ensk can actually get fucked.

Way to much emphasis is put on stats to a point it takes away from the game. Also creating people who only play tanks that pad wn8 and people who feel bad about playing tanks that pad wn8.

If more maps had flanks like the hills on redshire before castle without arty i could save time by using WOT as wank material.

prem ammo is legitimately bad design but WG have dug themselves in too deep to get themselves out of it.

they fucked physics, tanks flip so easily. You slide down slops as soon as you get within 10m of them. Fall damage varies so much pretty arbitrarily and you get stuck to everything

Personal reserves suck. >1h reserves lure me into gaming for longer sessions than I normally would. A big appeal of this game is to only play a few rounds at a time.

1 minute ago, waga100 said:

people go into lots of depth on the theory of how tanks play and how they're all different then while most tanks play very similarly.

+1. The game is about making a series of simple decisions about positioning. Small margins over mobility, pen, accuracy etc. rarely determine the outcome. An exception is vision, but the state of the vision game is not what it used to be.

I think WN8 has done more harm than good to the game.

I'm actually fine with T-54/IS/Sherman/T95 clones as long as they have more unique features than their fellow clones. Same goes for RU meds.

• M103 is good. :QBFlip:
  • IS7 is trash.
  • T62A > 140
  • T-22 armour is not overpowered
  • E100 > E5
  • Foch 155 is still amazing
  • 268 is highly under-rated
  • Ensk is the only good map
  • Win rate is solely dependent on whether or not your team moves or not
  • Vision meta was better (actually forced people to move up and not camp - highly skill based)
  • Good teammates exist (sparingly)
  • The 'Fulcrous effect' (a gravitational pull that attracts the shittiest of shitters) exists
  • The mental trauma from having to carry teams can physically break your back

1 hour ago, NoobestNoob said:

T-43 and T-44 are actually decent tanks.

Lorr40>50 100

pls no bulli :tomato:

T-43 is a decent tier 7 MT, the same 85mm as the T-34-85 but with improved soft stats thus gun handling is worth it.

T-44 is also a good tenk, people who don't like it are stupid and fire HEAT as default in their T-54

Just now, ThomChen114 said:

T-43 is a decent tier 7 MT, the same 85mm as the T-34-85 but with improved soft stats thus gun handling is worth it.

T-44 is also a good tenk, people who don't like it are stupid and fire HEAT as default in their T-54

I spammed tons of heat in my t54 but liked the t44

I also happened to fire tons of apcr in my t44

:illuminati:

El Halluf is probably one of the most cancerous maps as of late. Every game there's 3-4 meds yoloing B2 ditch from the other team, leading to arty spam and no way of actually digging them out (the crossfire is too severe to be able to push) and so i'm forced to take whatever shots I can get before having to fall back and the game is automatically lost. Especially from south where you can't draw snipe or thin the push out in any way. 

North spawn is way too good and a single retard yoloing down that ditch will probably have a shit game but will still win the entire corner because of it.

Siegfried Line encounter is a better spotting map than anything else.

TVP is getting less and less broken for every time I deal with one.

Somehow my Leo1 thrives better in this meta than the meta a year ago (2kdpg to 4kdpg) yet only corridors happened

The 215b is shit. The gun is amazing but every single other aspect of the tank is working against it. (Triple fires are fun) 

Redshire went from a favourite to an ebola map with the castle added. 

Plenty more but on cellphone :feelsbad: 

WZ-131 is the best tier for tier light tank in the game. And using the 100mm on it is heresy.

T-62A master race.

Charioteer master race.

The best way to play a medium tank on every map is going the heavy route :disco: