Jump to content
_red_fang_

When to leave your clan?

Recommended Posts

I've been loyal to my clan for over a year now... took a break from the game for a few months and when I got back into it I rejoined them.  When I first joined we were a fairly competitive group that could push deep into Alpha tourneys and even take 1st a few times.  For a while we held a 70% win rate in strongholds... but those were the good old days.  We've now had a huge influx for sub %50 win rate players and below 1000 WN8 players in a attempt to get the clan numbers up to strongholds and hopefully tier 6 CW's (I know I'm just a joe average player at best--but there is a huge difference between me and sub 48%er's).  I like playing and platooning with a couple of people in the clan still (the only reason I haven't jumped ship) but I'm starting to avoid teamspeak as 95% of the rest I don't want to talk to.  Haven't really played this week... starting to avoid it as I'm not excited of getting my ass kicked trying to do the campaign next week.

So... I like strongholds, tourneys and the type of play that a clan offers... I am loyal to the commander as there are some core players I wan't to stick with and try to bring the clan up -- but I realize this clan may not recover and be competitive again.  Is it time to get the f*#$% out and see who else is out there?

signature.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends entirely on your motivation, if you're down to improve and want more because it'll turn out to be a good investment then definitely cut your losses in your current clan and find new friends elsewhere. If you're not too fussed about the results and can live with the obvious declining state then maybe there's more to be gained with your current friends.

 

At the end of the day tho, you've gotta know what's best for you and have the courage to go through with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gashtag said:

Depends entirely on your motivation, if you're down to improve and want more because it'll turn out to be a good investment then definitely cut your losses in your current clan and find new friends elsewhere. If you're not too fussed about the results and can live with the obvious declining state then maybe there's more to be gained with your current friends.

 

At the end of the day tho, you've gotta know what's best for you and have the courage to go through with that.

It's perfect for Gash to say this because IDEAD :serb::serb: When u comin to S3AL m8 :serb: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, then either be willing to train the new influx of shitters or bail to get some training yourself, and perhaps come back later to help out. just remember you can always platoon with your friends when you arent in a clan :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... I should've done a poll.

1) Stay with clan going down toliet

2) Jump Ship to greener pastures

3) Uninstall... you're a noob anyway.

But sound advice... it's probably time for me to move on as I'm having less and less fun playing with the clan.  That and I'm probably not getting any better being one of the best players in a clan in hard times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M--M would be a good clan if you are looking to improve with the game.  With your current stats you might also get into REL-A if you are active 3 days a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oxmathus said:

For a player who is looking to be competitive and improve you should never be the top 10% in recents because you want a healthy pool of players you can learn from

I'm not convinced this is totally true, for example I want to do platoons, skirmishes and cw with out using ts and a static command structure. There is only 1 clan I know of that allows this kind of flexibility. I'm still improving every day, sure it's true if there is a huge gap between yourself and the people you play with but I don't think I would be improving at a significantly faster rate if I was in SEAL (not that I would get in :P).

If you enjoy being in the clan you are in and it improves your wot experiance then stay. If it doesn't then bail like you are on the titanic. It will just make you  want to play the game less. Try not to worry about it either, people leave clans everyday, don't sweat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally went through several different clans when I was going from green to purple and up

I kept in contact with the people I liked to play with and several off them even came with me to different clans but meeting new and more skilled people helped me a great deal in improving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rabidmonkey679 said:

I'm not convinced this is totally true, for example I want to do platoons, skirmishes and cw with out using ts and a static command structure. There is only 1 clan I know of that allows this kind of flexibility. I'm still improving every day, sure it's true if there is a huge gap between yourself and the people you play with but I don't think I would be improving at a significantly faster rate if I was in SEAL (not that I would get in :P).

If you enjoy being in the clan you are in and it improves your wot experiance then stay. If it doesn't then bail like you are on the titanic. It will just make you  want to play the game less. Try not to worry about it either, people leave clans everyday, don't sweat it.

It all depends person by person and exactly what they're looking for. But like for any game the fastest way to improve is by surrounded yourself with people better than yourself and moving clan to clan to do that is a step for up and coming players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oxmathus said:

It all depends person by person and exactly what they're looking for. But like for any game the fastest way to improve is by surrounded yourself with people better than yourself and moving clan to clan to do that is a step for up and coming players

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have the EU server where every clan is a stepping stone to getting in to FAME :feelsbad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, _red_fang_ said:

Yeah... I should've done a poll.

1) Stay with clan going down toliet

2) Jump Ship to greener pastures

3) Uninstall... you're a noob anyway.

But sound advice... it's probably time for me to move on as I'm having less and less fun playing with the clan.  That and I'm probably not getting any better being one of the best players in a clan in hard times.

I'm going to say jump ship cause tier 6 feels like trash anyway, I left a tier 6 clan cause you literally won't be meeting players better than you at that level very often.

Only thing I would do is polish off a couple of your tier 9 grinds first, get a few more tens. Though FOXEY may take you as is in the mean time, cause your so close to a bunch of tens. We're in a bit of a rebuild atm but FOXEY isnt reducing its requirements any more IIRC and i only got in cause I had friends on the inside to vouch for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try leaving on good terms if you can. Just tell them you want to join a clan with players that can teach you. If you really have friends there, there's no reason you can't keep hanging out and platooning with your old friends after leaving. If that clan is the only thing holding you back from improving, don't make yourself stay.

 

Edit: I would also suggest settling into a new group before you officially leave. Find some possible clans, platoon, run team battles with them, etc. This way you know it's the right choice when you decide to join another clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Wrath_of_Neeson said:

Try leaving on good terms if you can. Just tell them you want to join a clan with players that can teach you. If you really have friends there, there's no reason you can't keep hanging out and platooning with your old friends after leaving. If that clan is the only thing holding you back from improving, don't make yourself stay.

 

Edit: I would also suggest settling into a new group before you officially leave. Find some possible clans, platoon, run team battles with them, etc. This way you know it's the right choice when you decide to join another clan.

THIIIS I messaged Soli (Foxey recuiter) and talked with him about joining for a day or two before getting a try out with our bossman Kreig, I still had my Spectre tags. No need to try out or toon without tags, you can't legionarre for stronks but hey its still important to toon with people. If you are interested in FOXEY and want to grind those 9s I love playing 9s shoot me a message and i can toon with you or get other FOXEY's to.

My old clam understood I wanted to keep improving and trying different things. And Too be honest tier 6 gets boring after a while, its either fast bois and spending half your battles dealing with shitty O-I turtles on lakeville. Fuck that noise.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is shit in this crowd, but sounds like time to find better clan where you can learn and improve. Nobody stopping you from remaining friends with old clan mates... 

I was in a clan recently that was casual CW in tier 6 and @Curo nailed the description. It got old quick, and the clan dumped me when I stopped CW and started grinding up tiers. Already found a real casual clan, with significantly better players I can learn from... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For staying in a clan, the solution is pretty simple: Fun > Not fun. Finding a new one can be more difficult depending on what you're looking for: I was lucky that QSF back in the day was home to many great and future great players and it's where I got to know a lot of my friendorinos :awyeah:

That, plus I also got to know some people from hanging out in streams and here on wotlabs, where I show off my wonderful personality :serb:

Tbh, the only tags that can probably rival the old QSF ones in terms of salt-per-pubbie is FAMU tags but I'll never get those. It's the one thing I miss from those days :dealdog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I stuck it out until the bitter end of both clans I was a part of. Really enjoyed being a part of the second but when the officers/commander leaves without telling the active players that's petty much the end. Good luck.
Finding a solid group of players(better than you)that  you can learn from while giving you honest, candid feedback is apparently tough to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...