kreigermann

T110E4- Because it Was There

Picked it up yesterday, it's fun to trigger type 5s with apcr and pen grilles for 1k+..

Other than that armour is unreliable, in one match you bounce jpzes, in another everything pens you with AP.

Armor goes from ~180 effective to ~290 just a few pixels apart in many places, which is why it is so un-reliable.

4 hours ago, Hally said:

Armor goes from ~180 effective to ~290 just a few pixels apart in many places, which is why it is so un-reliable.

Exactly! This makes me hate playing tanks like this - everyone pens me

This makes me hate playing against tanks like this - cannot pen them :bigdoge:

So, have this sitting in garage a couple years. Don't really like it due to its many flaws. Have a 4.5 skill crew in it. Should I start the E3 line or move the crew into the t30... What would you do?!

I bought it, despite all the negative feedback. My $0.02 from a teal sh*tter, in the case anyone else is also wondering what it's like. 

The bad:

1) The armor is weird. Sometimes you bounce JPZE100's, and other times, other TD's AP goes through your gun mantel. You cannot trust the armor. Tanks that are not TD's, will just aim for your machine gun hatch, or, will take the time to shoot your underbelly. You feel like your turret is strong, but it is only strong if it is angled, and when it is, they just aim for your machine gun hatch anyway.

2) It's slow, not as slow as the FV215b 183, but it is slow. Compared to this tank, the Grille feels like a Ferrari. The traverse is slow, the turret turning is slow.

3) The gun bloom is bad, and the accuracy is also bad. Sometimes you make some freak shots and say "well, it isn't too bad", but it's a fluke, the accuracy is bad. Furthermore, the shell velocity is also slow, so sniping things is difficult. 

4) Arties love you. Since you're slow, if you get caught out in the open, you take 300 - 400 damage shots from arty shells that land around you, and then one of of your crew dies and most likely, get tracked. In games with multiple arties, it sucks, even more so, if you're focused.

The good:

1) The gold round is amazing, you don't really worry about not penning. Bobjects are lolz, FV215b 183 armor is lulz, basically, anything that isn't round stalinium or angled IS4 armor will pen (assuming you hit it).

2) It looks cool (subjective). I think it looks cool ASF. I dislike tanks without a turret, so I bought the E4, thinking I might have fun in it. 

Ending comments/thoughts:

- It's not a reliable tank to play. The shell velocity is crap, armor is unreliable (at best), and you wish you had some more side armor for arty shells that land around you.

- It's limited to peek-a-boom tactics & support play. Since the shell velocity, coupled with bad accuracy, sniping is out. (then again, Grille shell velocity is also sh*t, so at least it has some more armor than a Grille). It doesn't have the mobility to really defend itself (nor the armor), so I feel like it's a support tank, that takes the front with other heavies. You can lead a charge in the JPZE100, but not really with the T110E4. 

- I'm left wondering if I should have went down the E3 line instead, but not i'm not kicking myself for it because I originally planned on just ending the grind at at the T30. The T30 gun and the E4 gun feel similar, but E4 gun has the better gold shell. T30 is slow, so E4 does feel like an upgrade there. Compared to the T30, the T30 has better gun depression and a fully rotating turret.

I sold mine ages ago.

It's just not a fun tank to play.

The t8 and t9 are good though, one may want to stick with those and get the E3 as a tier 10. Although it may even be worse since it doesn't even have a turret.

Finished TD15 for the T-55A in it just yesterday.

Do yourself a favor, since the armor is so unreliable, you might as well just load full APCR and snap it, instead of looking for weakspots. Oh, also, don't forget to duck under cover again, to save your HP.

Current safe play meta on EU doesn't work with it well but yeah 375mm of prem pen means it works well with snaps. Maus armor not really that strong with that pen

On 4/8/2018 at 4:32 AM, Archaic_One said:

I fear a T30 way more than I fear the E4.  I would never even consider moving my T30 crew up to the current E4.

^^ this.
On EU in current new year boost/idiot meta, a T30 is able to anchor way better than E4 due to a reliable turret.
Arty splash and 3cunts/game is hurtful but you need JpzE100 punch to crush the mantlet. E4 is just a confused hybrid where nothing is really reliable