PrinzEugen478

Easiest tanks to 3 mark?

What are the easiest tanks to 3 mark? I've realized that if I try to 3 mark something, my stats go up (a lot).  For example, when I was 3 marking my only 3-marked tank, the Crusader, my recent went form 1000 to 1300, and 49 to 55%.  My overall also went up by 100 wn8 and nearly a whole percent.  I'm asking this to see what could possibly give me an incentive to keep playing, as WoT is getting kind of repetitive, without being called a "stat padder".  I don't want to be a masochist like @SchnitzelTruck with the Type 5 or @zapyoug with his Archer :^) Thanks!

General rule: Anything with bad players. This means low tier tanks and popular first lines. It also helps if they're rarely played elite, have long stock grinds and good premium rounds.

Some of the easiest ones are the premium tanks being given as rentals.  I 3 marked my KV5 playing 3 battles on the rental weekend.  They weren't even good games.  Really I think the required dmg dropped below my existing dpg, and playing a battle triggered the reward.

KV-1S + 122 + HEAT spam = super easy. Im not purple, heck im not even very close to being purple, yet i managed to get 100% marks on KV-1S, and i didnt find it even that hard.

If you are anyhow good with lights then more or less any tier 5 and 6 light should be pretty easy.

IS line seems to be easy too, atleast tier 5 - 8. T-10 feels pretty easy too; i played 68 battles with it and im already very close to first mark. Again, im nit nearly as good as many people are here and i had total trash luck with it first 30 matches (around 44 wr and around 1450 DPG...ugh)

ELC AMX. Load plenty of gold, binocs/rammer/GLD, a full camo crew, and camo paint. Play it like a TD that can scout for itself. Most players will rush in and get themselves killed. That speed is for shifting away once you fear that you might be seen if you keeping shooting from where you are. Use it to get to the next bush back to start lobbing 240 alpha shots every 12 seconds again.

Most players won't even do one shot of damage on average. You can get averages well over 1000 if you remember to look at your minimap and use bushes well.

Oddly enough, the first 2 tanks I 3 marked were the M7 and the ELC… :P 

Basically, great tanks *a lot* of people play wrong is what you want.

Fastest I ever 3 marked was the JP IV, in like 70 games.

elc has basically 0 expected for 3 mark

its like

3 shots of damage

i dun even

KV1s is also really good with the 122 with heat rounds

(140 pen and 370 aplha at tier 5, why the fuck not)

I was told the Churchill gun carrier was a great tank by a pubbie once, it must be a fun 3 mark

2 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Just play every T5/6/7 tank that isn't being constantly abused by padders. 3-marking lower tier tanks is easy as hell.

Actually, this made me wonder. At what point does the community consider someone to be stetpedding? Does it happen immediately if someone plays certain padder tanks frequently, or does it also require that this someone act like an unicum/superuni without the performance to back it up?

As for 3-marking low tier tanks—it's all and well but imo it kinda defeats the purpose of 3 marking

38 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Actually, this made me wonder. At what point does the community consider someone to be stetpedding? Does it happen immediately if someone plays certain padder tanks frequently, or does it also require that this someone act like an unicum/superuni without the performance to back it up?

As for 3-marking low tier tanks—it's all and well but imo it kinda defeats the purpose of 3 marking

Actually it's quite hard to tell pedders from people actually enjoying a tank..

you may consider a player a filthy stetpedder if he has a 3 marked hellcat with 70% wr over 3000 battles, going full apcr regardless of the match he's in and a T110E5 with less than 2k dpg and 40% wr in 600.. people with 3 marked tier 5s and not even one mark on tier 8s..

Also take into account that a person might play a tank frequently because he likes it or because he's grinding credits and he doesn't like/have a premium..

for 3 marks: i'd go for the ones nobody plays well, like the tier 5 leopard, chi-nu, wolverine, achilles, the low tier british med line (sherman III, firefly), KV 1(S) with heat derp..

some light tanks are also quite easy to 3 mark, like the ELC, you litterally have to score 6 hits per game and you're set, enjoy your izy 3 marked ELC, then we have the MT25 (i've seen only a few 3 marked ones compared to t37s), type 64, 59 16 just to name a few..

or, if you like heavies, M6, BDR, VK 30/36, the retarded O-I..

P:S: when you try to 3 mark a tank you also pad your stats :doge:

went from 1900 recent to 2400 ish while 3 marking my T29 :disco:

now i'm back to 2200 :feelsbad:

48 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

For example, you have X3N4 and xXx_Wannabe_Puprle_look_at_me_420_xXx guy. And X3N4 is good at any tank (EJ, Straik,...) and they can padd in every tank, not because they want super high wn8 but because they just do everything exceptionally well. On the other hand, you have above-mentioned xXx reroller which freeXP everything till ELC AMX, put camo, food and other try hard goodies, redline sniping, and brake magic 3k barrier. Now he is the boss with 3MOE and shit. 

He wants to join FAME, and he fuckin gets shitstormed because he don't have T10 tanks and he is reasonably good in first place. 

Now you know where is point of usual good play and deliberately stat padding. (btw i'm in big league today with 5.5K avg WN8 with MT-25, that's serious stat padding). 

1 hour ago, nemlengyel said:

Should someone try to apply to a top clan after playing a thousand battles in an elc or perhaps brag about their 2400 wn8 with said elc games, this is when we tell them to do very bad things to their bodies kindly get the fuck out. I personally dont give a shit outside of these two situations unless its fucking CIA or some other cancerfuck clan statpadding in fucking t127s but they overlap with the second example of masterbating over their tier 3 stats afterwards.

25 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

Should someone try to apply to a top clan after playing a thousand battles in an elc or perhaps brag about their 2400 wn8 with said elc games, this is when we tell them to do very bad things to their bodies kindly get the fuck out. I personally dont give a shit outside of these two situations unless its fucking CIA or some other cancerfuck clan statpadding in fucking t127s but they overlap with the second example of masterbating over their tier 3 stats afterwards.

Yeah, this was basically what I was thinking - it's fine to play an ELC or whatever as long as one remains conscious of their true performance and does not behave as if they were the next Kewei incarnate.

This is totally offtopic though and I don't want to derail this any further...

To be brutally honest I don't care whether someone is farming noobs for fun or doing it to pad their stats; neither is very impressive to me and both have the same exact outcome. Sadly the "I do it for fun" excuse often doesn't even hold up; there's a lot to be said about the subconscious enjoyment of padding influencing how much "fun" a tank is. But hey, I'm not going to call you out, it's a video game.

2 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

I don't find it that easy. :feelsbad:

Easy in comparison to marking higher tier tanks; 3-marking isn't easy in general. I should of said something like "If you already play like a dark purple, 3-marking most of your babytier tanks isn't difficult". The only frustrating part is playing enough battles.