1 minute ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Since you got me in time, I'll look real quick.  This list isn't final btw.

-UFP angle buffed from 59° to 60°
-All of the hull roof is 16mm now, "pikes" still 40mm (nerf)
-Turret rear is mostly 63mm thick now (buff)
-Turret is harder to overmatch from the front (both on cupolas and roof)

Meh, so basically no change. Rip.

8 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

I wouldn't say that.  It's even smaller now, and I'd say sexier too.  Pic below shows overmatch difference.

TF2sa6H.png

Oh, thats quite a difference in overmatch area.

Might just be the different camera angles but the side looks a bit better sloped.

Also the overmatchable bit on the lower plate was removed. Possibly means the overmatchable lower side armor was removed too.

Well, I was hoping for a 10mm or so buff to the ricochet shoulders, but i'll take a less easily overmatched turret instead.

5 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

I don't think unicums are likely to flock to a fast casemate TD when there are plenty of decent mediums at tier 8, but it makes sense to be cautious when buffing premiums given that they don't like nerfing them.

I think this is the key statement here. WG has to play it very cautious with buffing premiums because of the Super P debacle. So Im actually going to have to give them credit for once and say theyre going about these premium buffs appropriately. If they do too large of a buff then people will flock to it then they wont be able to nerf it back a bit without the masses crying about it, even those who had the tank pre-buff more than likely. 

So with that in mind it makes more sense to do many minor buffs one at a time to achieve a better balance. WG seems to be on the right track to actually really improving the game imo.

Saw someone complain about the STA2 dpm "nerf" but honestly if you factor in the bounced shots due to its shit current AP pen then if anything its actual DPM should go up a ways. All it takes is the difference of one extra bounced shot to make up for it. Ill gladly tale that chunk more pen over .4s of reload time.

4 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

88mm L/56 gets the same gold ammo as before, but the standard AP buff goes to all tanks with the L/56

That was exactly as I was expecting

Teamoldmill will continue to rage regardless

6 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Oh, thats quite a difference in overmatch area.

Might just be the different camera angles but the side looks a bit better sloped.

Also the overmatchable bit on the lower plate was removed. Possibly means the overmatchable lower side armor was removed too.

Well, I was hoping for a 10mm or so buff to the ricochet shoulders, but i'll take a less easily overmatched turret instead.

Side overmatch spot is still there.  Side slope is overall better, but it no longer has random spots at a +60° slope there too.  This doesn't really change anything, but the flat part of the mantlet is all 248mm now, not thinning near the top.  I tried to get the camera angles as close as possible, and I'd say it's safe to use them to guesstimate changes in relative size.

LFP is now 55° instead of 54° too.

In about an hour I think I'll be able to dig through everything.  I'll start making a proper thread for the HD tank changes.

47 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

In about an hour I think I'll be able to dig through everything.  I'll start making a proper thread for the HD tank changes.

Fun fun :)

1. Only Platoon in which all vehicles are of the same tier can join the battle. Implemented warnings and advisory recommendations on selecting vehicle in Platoons that have "tag-alongs" in them.

Fail platooning demolished at last.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/23/supertest-9-15/

Yeah, that's a little odd. I'm also not entirely against platoons like T7s+T8 prefs. Best way to do it would be to make sure all the vehicles have the same maximum tier match. If one tank can see up to T9, then all the tanks in the platoon need to see up to T9, regardless of tier.

23 hours ago, Sapros said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/04/23/112-changes-in-9-15/

So it's still crap, but now less flamable and slightly less expensive.

WG's big, ongoing rebalancing process. :serb:

Yup. I kind of expected them to do something about the Ronson-issue this tank has and certainly welcome that. However, I bought this tank expecting it to get a gun-handling buff a few weeks back (as this was the other obvious problem this tank has), when it was cheaper and now they lower it's price instead of actually buffing it?! ARE YOU GODDAMN FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

42 minutes ago, 21Blackjack said:

T-54 lwt nerfs have been reverted, despite explaining the reasons, and stats confirming its the best performing LT in its tier.

But Russia, so fuck you.

:disco:

Now just grind one million CR to get it :) 

3 hours ago, 21Blackjack said:

T-54 lwt nerfs have been reverted, despite explaining the reasons, and stats confirming its the best performing LT in its tier.

But Russia, so fuck you.

I'm holding out hope that they have decided to buff the other LTs to be more competitive with it instead.

Ahah. Again I am reminded why quitting WoT was the best decision ever made in my gaming career. WG is a joke. How do you respond to vehicle being overpowered? You chip down some stats to make it LESS COMFORTABLE, retaining everything that made it OP in the first place. So it's still as annoying to face as an opponent, but gives more frustration to the driver. In the end, nobody is happy. "Still OP, just more frustrating" is their typical response to bullshit tanks that should be simply REMADE or even REMOVED due to their ebola-inducing nature.

Take O-I experimental. Okay, so we have a 300 damage half-derp on a fairly mobile, fairly armored chassis. Instead of simply fucking removing the gun, giving it a proper 120ish peashooter and balancing soft stats accordingly to make it less frustrating, they chip down aimtime, rotation speed, terrain resistance or whatever, making it more annoying to turn, more annoying to aim, doing everything to piss off people playing it but who cares if you're STILL getting derped by the same 300 damage ?

You don't "repair" a torn boot by replacing a shoelace with a longer one, and that's what WG is doing.

The whole T22sr thing is also disgusting. OK, the tank is mostly rigger stuff, but think of being actually devoted to getting it legally, and then, being shat upon a patch later which destroys the tank. And all that time, heck, it wasn't even "regular" mode, it was some shit mode that nobody enjoyed. Wasting XX hours of life to get a dream tank that in return turns shit within a month or two - holy crap, that's a -9001 morale roll right there!

On 23/4/2016 at 10:02 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

Fun fun :)

1. Only Platoon in which all vehicles are of the same tier can join the battle. Implemented warnings and advisory recommendations on selecting vehicle in Platoons that have "tag-alongs" in them.

Fail platooning demolished at last.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/23/supertest-9-15/

So you can't platoon a tier VIII scout with a Tier IX tank, but you can fail platoon a tier VIII scout with a pref VIII. WG "working as intended"!