Sign in to follow this  
LudwigvonMises

I'm looking for teacher platoon mate

I'm new to the game. I'm starting now. I have a tier 6 (T-34-85) and one tier 8 (FCM 50t). I'm looking for someone to play with me and teach me. I am dedicated and learn fast.

4 minutes ago, Wewum said:

I can help you with the basics, but I'm no expert :P

The basic mechanics I understand. My biggest problem is situational awareness.

You're very good player. Teach me.

3 minutes ago, LudwigvonMises said:

The basic mechanics I understand. My biggest problem is situational awareness.

You're very good player. Teach me.

I'll add you to my "friends" list.

17 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Add me

Yes, sir.

22 hours ago, _Juris said:

Feel free to add me and message me, i'll platoon if/when I can.

Add too

TBH, if you're only at 400 games and are already at light green stats, I'd say you're headed in the right direction. Wouldn't be surprised if you hit light blue at around 3k games. 

HMU if you would like some help, but if you really want to learn fast, I'd recommend starting with some T5 tanks and go from there.  It's easier to pick things up when you're facing against banana and tomato players, rather than getting cheesed by some high tier unicums.

Couple of things I'd recommend to get you started:

1) When you have free time (i.e. taking a dump, waiting for your order, taking the bus back home, etc.), pull up the wargaming wiki page and memorize the stats of tanks.  It's good to have an approximate understanding from experience (Tiger I's armor is meh), but it's better to have exact stats committed to memory (100/80/80 hull, 200 frontal turret.)  Believe me, it helps.  Also, memorizing reload times is important, as it can help decide when you can make 2 for 1 trades and so on (for instance, I can put 2 shots into an IS-6 in exchange for one of his) while driving the Super P before retreating back into cover.  For instance, knowing the reload of the KV-1 is 3.80 seconds vs. the T-34-85 with 4.20 seconds may not seem like a big difference but even that little information can help you gain the confidence that you can kill a T-34-85 at 300 health even though you're at 200 health in a KV-1, and so on.  Armor weakspots from wotguru, turret traverse, anything to give you that information advantage in battle.

2) Start low tiers before working up.  Too many people play the next tank down the line once they unlock it, rather than get proficient with the previous tank.  Chances for the most part are that the tanks of the same line share similar playstyles (AMX40-> ELC excluded.)  Lower tiers are better for learning because 1) faster reloads and faster overall characteristics of the game, making mistakes less punishing and 2) More noobs in low tiers.  For instance, if you're a green player in a T5 game, you're better than at least 3/4ths of the players in that game.  But if you're in a T8 game, chances are the average person is at least yours or above in stats, which makes it all the harder to learn that tank.  Good tier to practice is T5, as with the current bell-curve player base, the majority of players are T5 meaning you'll get a lot of top tier.  T5 is also the tier where heavies start playing a big part, so it's overall good practice that you won't find playing lower tiers.  Make that your tier to master first, and when you can get dark green stats, then you can think about moving up.

If you do these two things, you'll see your stats skyrocket.

T5 staples you should master: KV-1, T67, Pz IV H, Crusader

If you familiarize yourself with all these tanks (light blue or above stats), then you're set.  These tanks give you a feel for tanks of its class and tend to be pretty easy to play.  The KV-1 will teach you angling and tank placement.  T67 will teach you camo-based play and outmaneuvering.  Pz IV H will teach you flanking with a moderate-speed tank.  Crusader will teach you scouting techniques.  They also seem like tanks that tend to give high WN8 since most people tend to grind past them without learning them first.

signature.png

Not the best player out there but I am a pretty good teacher/mentor, if you want I can teach you a few tricks. If you want, feel free to add me in-game and I'll certainly platoon with you. Preferably that you have Teamspeak so we can coordinate movements but if not I'm fine with silent platoons as well. 

Though just so you know because I have things going on during the summer I won't be on a lot but I will be a bit more starting in early August.