Jump to content
TheLovePanda

Unicums and Superunicums: What is your profession irl?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PityFool said:

I'm a student majoring in marketing and management. However in my spare time (which is a lot) I work with concrete, I take a boring concrete slab floor and create what is best described as a marble-texture floor which is glossy and smooth. See picture below.

 

  Hide contents

polish-concrete-floor.jpg

 

Niice.

You're using grinders and chemicals? Where can I learn more about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Student. doing a degree in Bachelor of Electronic Engineering Technologies. 

I know, sounds fancy.

 

basically studying to become a Computer Hardware and Networking specialist. 

when I am able to, working part time contract jobs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ima flat work concrete dude(driveways, sidewalks, garages, basements, patios). I also use my bobcat and grade/ level out peoples yards to get water away from the house.

Where my concrete brothers at?     \o/

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3lite5niper said:

Currently only a Secondary 4 student, last year before entering Junior College. I think this roughly translates to Grade 10 in American if I'm not wrong.

 

Singaporean spotted?

I'm about to finish my third year in a Life Science (Biomedical Science) undergraduate course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ThePowerOfLove said:

Singaporean spotted?

I'm about to finish my third year in a Life Science (Biomedical Science) undergraduate course.

Yea, 4th/6th year at Dunman High, then its getting screwed in NS for 2 years then studying probably some STEM or whatever course that can get me a good job at some uni.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Niice.

You're using grinders and chemicals? Where can I learn more about it?

Yea! Uh here is a pretty compact overview of the process, there's probably some more detailed instructional videos out there too. http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/polishing/polishing_basics.htm

1 hour ago, thefannypackhero said:

Ima flat work concrete dude(driveways, sidewalks, garages, basements, patios). I also use my bobcat and grade/ level out peoples yards to get water away from the house.

Where my concrete brothers at?     \o/

Yeeee boi! Aside from polishing concrete I also do levelling jobs, which is pretty common in Christchurch (thanks earthquakes). Mix a cement thats really thin and basically levels itself as you pour it in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PityFool said:

Yea! Uh here is a pretty compact overview of the process, there's probably some more detailed instructional videos out there too. http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/polishing/polishing_basics.htm

Yeeee boi! Aside from polishing concrete I also do levelling jobs, which is pretty common in Christchurch (thanks earthquakes). Mix a cement thats really thin and basically levels itself as you pour it in.

Heh, you're in the same city as Allurai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sr360 said:

Heh, you're in the same city as Allurai.

Da! Not that I've met up with him... There's actually a few players from here, Dire is one, AKAFuel is another who I've actually met irl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

I'm a mechanical engineer that designs plasma cutting systems. When people ask me what I do I tell them I create a machine that generates a lightning bolt and passes it through a tornado to control it. Which is kind of true and also makes it sound way cooler than it actually is.

When I'm not at work I hang out in my mom's basement and think about trimming my neck beard while slamming handfuls of Cheetos down my gullet.

Fine fine, I can answer srs too. I do virtually anything one can imagine with healthcare data. Hospital, clinic, financial, clinical, administrative, regulatory, quality, safety, storage, transformation, abstraction, transmission, scoring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Fine fine, I can answer srs too. I do virtually anything one can imagine with healthcare data. Hospital, clinic, financial, clinical, administrative, regulatory, quality, safety, storage, transformation, abstraction, transmission, scoring. 

Ugh, now I'm the only one who gave a flippant answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Dude! Nice!

What's your opinion on how the cloud computing revolution will affect game development? It's easy to see how it slots in with what I do (web dev) but for gaming I imagine things are a bit trickier since gamers tend to get sniffy about laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag :-)

I think it has great potential for improving games if handled properly. GameLift isn't so much cloud computing as it is the back-end server infrastructure (and whatever computing would be normally done on that, or choose to do on that) and the idea is that you could get servers really close to where you live to decrease lag and the service will allow you to scale up or down as much as you want, so issues like what so often happens with servers going down during launch because someone made a miscalculation can be avoided. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Fine fine, I can answer srs too. I do virtually anything one can imagine with healthcare data. Hospital, clinic, financial, clinical, administrative, regulatory, quality, safety, storage, transformation, abstraction, transmission, scoring. 

Oh? So you do some NLP stuff with said data?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this thread finally be the motivation to start playing again and git gud?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

You're in Hong Kong? Cool.

I'm a high school student in the above city =]]

I'm not in Hong Kong yet @Serene_Potato, still finishing school in Texas, plan is to get a job overseas preferably in Hong Kong because I interned over there for a summer and loved it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Siimcy said:

Student in the field of Mechatronics. :doge:

You study Mekkatronics, don't lie :serb: 

 

I think it's pretty known what I do. Freelance music producer that sells his music under the table and gives up the rights to it for dank cash. 

 

After the summer I'm taking a music related job at DICE. Not even 100% sure what I'll do yet but since I took the offer I'm going there next week for an introduction at their HQ. I'm pretty sure I'll do pretty much anything from what I currently do (regular music prods for OSTs, recording, directing and creating synth sounds) to serious sound developing. It'll mainly be music because that's where I'm qualified but ambient environments are really to fun to create so I'll probably push a bit for that if things work out there.

In other words, HMU if you need closed beta codes :serb: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

I'm not in Hong Kong yet @Serene_Potato, still finishing school in Texas, plan is to get a job overseas preferably in Hong Kong because I interned over there for a summer and loved it.

Don't lie. You are going there just for the red light district. :yuefei:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Don't lie. You are going there just for the red light district. :yuefei:

Nah nah fam I don't wanna lose my dick :'(

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kitten said:

Oh? So you do some NLP stuff with said data?

Fine I don't personally do everything. BUT my department oversees and administers the NLP medical records coding tools we license from 3M. And we audit, distribute and use the outputs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Fine I don't personally do everything. BUT my department oversees and administers the NLP medical records coding tools we license from 3M. And we audit, distribute and use the outputs.

Was not meant in that way, I've a bit of NLP background so it would've been interesting to hear from someone who still does it. Oh well :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Was not meant in that way, I've a bit of NLP background so it would've been interesting to hear from someone who still does it. Oh well :P

There so many things to do with data, and so little time

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PityFool said:

Yeeee boi! Aside from polishing concrete I also do levelling jobs, which is pretty common in Christchurch (thanks earthquakes). Mix a cement thats really thin and basically levels itself as you pour it in.

concrete lyfe :awyeah:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...