leggasiini

Your favorite tenk/tenks?

Again, like with worst/hated tenk thread, made a topic so you can share your favorite tenks. 

mine is pretty obvious

some of my fav tanks:

1. O-Ho, derp derp derp with good reload and hilarous gun handling, most fun tank to play for me in the game by far

2. T-10, absolutely wonderful heavium. Has great gun, mobility and even armor is pretty okay when you get used to it. Extremely joyful to play. I actually prefer it to WZ-11111111 1-4.

3. BDR G1 B, its just important for me. Without it and Wolverine, i would have had huge troubles with credits during my scrub times. I dont really play it anymore but it deserves a spot on my garage, just because reason i mentioned and as eye candy because 3 marks :P

4. 113, tier 10 T-10 that has even more lol mobility and better DPM. 

5. AMX 50 B, autoloader mayhem

6. O-I Experimental, generates assload of credits and 100 ton tank going 40kph is too fun to pass.

7. M4A1 Revalorise, Yeah i am masochist, but its for some reason pretty fun to play (although at times also frustating), generates ridiculous amount of credits and looks hilarous. Actually plays bit like fast BDR with no armor which is also reason why i like it.

8.  Cromwell, i sold it like 2-3 times when i was scrub. Bought back (again...) and now i finally know how to use it properly (somehow). pretty simple tenk but its fun.

9. TOG II, dont ask, again, i am masochist. Although i got frustated and i raged for it during my mark grind, i still like it alot. It looks hilarous, its unique, and it was pretty hype to get prem for free like 1.5 years ago. Will try to atleast 2 mark it again.

10. FV215b, ridiculous laser gun + good hp + decent mobility is something you dont see often

Spoiler

If your favorite tenk is arty then open door is waiting you :QBFlip:

EDIT: added my top 10

Silly question, comrade. KV-2 because:

- there is no such thing like "bad MM" for glorious KV-2

- for lols (snap shots, sniping from 500m+, two frags with one shell)

- to see fear in enemy's eyes 

- best anti-sidescrap machine

• churchill III
  • skoda t25
  • m41 90 GF
  • T34
  • Jpze e100
  • t54E1
  • and the recent T-10

those my favourate tanks at the moment

Honorary mention for when i feel like being a masochist Matilda IV

I'll add my .02 because it's fun to see how my opinions differ from those of others.

In no particular order...

-Batchat: I don't play it often because it feels like I have to carry every game, but it is a great tank for really ruining someone's day. I fear it's a poor man's TVP 50/51 now though... bigger clip, more pen, and smaller size for worse everything else.

-AMX 50B: When my clanmates want to plat with tier X's, this is what I ueually end up playing. Again, it feels somewhat overshadowed by the TVP 50/51 but it was my first tier X and it's a definite keeper in my eyes. Well worth the suffering that was much of the French HT line.

-VK4502B: One-trick ponies usually don't fare well in WoT, but this thing's one trick works pretty dang well. It's my go-to IS6-stompig machine, and the WZ-111 rentals were a dream come true for this monster of a tank. Hitting for 490 is fun, too.

-ELC AMX: My most-played tank, not driven much anymore but holds a special place in my heart. This is the rainbow after the storm that is the AMX 40.

-Cromwell: This tank taught me to play medium tanks. Some of the best memories are from fastbois with M--M.

-FCM 50t: Basically a bigger Cromwell, I earned this tank through contests and tourneys until I could buy it on sale in the in-game shop. Took me a couple years but it was well worth the wait and I'm a much better player than I was when I first wanted it. As an added bonus, it leaves credits in its wake wherever it goes.

-Pz.1C: When I want to blow off steam without feeling like I am sealclubbing, I hop in this tiny terror. Pen is lackluster enough that it isn't OP, while the speed and pewpewpew gun mean that I always exit battle with a smile on my face.

-SAu S40: Just kidding. This tank sucks.

T29 is my most played tank and the originator of three current US crews.  Its just so damn comfy and easymode play style.  Especially when you get the right scenario and know you are going to carryhard in it. 

M41 Bulldog.  This thing is really solid solo but it is literally a riot in platoons.  Three tooned bulldogs fear NOTHING.

M7, aka the pasucci farmer.

IS-6, just RR and start wrecking faces and shitting credits.

Amx 30 - that speed and the gun is just amazing. A joy to play

T-10 - an epic mix of  a heavy gun with great penetration on mobile chasis and decent armor after hd buff. Its a monster when top tier

• M46 KR: Shitter proofed and 2 marked it while on rental, kek
  • T-43: It's just one of those hidden underappreciated tanks that you just have to WASD in order to pad winrate and WN8
  • TOG II: i had my opinions on it but i got my hands on this with the rentals and omfg is it actually possible to be shit in this?
  • Luchs: because when you get top tier...
  • E 25: there's a reason i have 1700+ battles in mine, also free.
  • JT 8,8: Because i can actually play it correctly, not hugging A1
  • KV-1: W/R padding machine
  • T1 Heavy: Medium in disguise

T34 Heavy = Great pen, thick turret and glorious american gun dep

T71 Light = 900 burst damage/175 pen @tier 7 really good flanker + spotter

Batchat = basically a tier 10 light tank with 2000 burst

11 hours ago, TheLovePanda said:

Obj 263 is one of my favorite tanks of all time. 

Armor? Check. Camo? Check. Speed? Check. Amazing high pen sniper doom cannon? Check. 

Armor? Where? Camo? Who cares in current meta? Speed? Yes. Gun? Nice but JT has better. For me Ob. 263 is a terrible TD in current state. I'm looking for serious buff to gun mantlet and LFP.

Type 59: Angle your Type like in the spoiler below and you'll autobounce any tier 7 or below pubbie who aims for your lower plate/side (and note, 70% will).
However, the Type 59 does suck a lot. Why?

• Shit DPM
  • Shit penetration
  • Shit ammo capacity
  • Shit aimtime
  • Shit accuracy
  • Sluggish

The only thing it has going for it is it's armor. It's turret is godly but anyone who is not a tomato shitter knows where to shoot a Type 59. Still, I love my Type 59 for some reason, I just seem to do really well in it.

Type 62: People often give this tank shit because it's a WZ-131 with the shitty 85mm gun. I love it because it's a shit tank and forces me to play well, it's great for getting in the flow of things. I have one both on my RU account and EU account, I average 4k WN8 in the damn thing on RU because you're on edge so much.

T37: because it's a light

Chaffee: because it's a light

13 90: because it's a light

ELC: because it's a light

Bulldawg: because it's a light

9 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Armor? Where? Camo? Who cares in current meta? Speed? Yes. Gun? Nice but JT has better. For me Ob. 263 is a terrible TD in current state. I'm looking for serious buff to gun mantlet and LFP.

You're trolling right? The hull armor is over 300mm effective! Lfp is small, and mantlet is the only real weakness.

It's an incredibly versatile tank with, imo, mad carrying potential. 

9 minutes ago, TheLovePanda said:

You're trolling right? The hull armor is over 300mm effective! Lfp is small, and mantlet is the only real weakness.

It's an incredibly versatile tank with, imo, mad carrying potential. 

No, I'm not. While UFP is amazing (today Jagd E-100 penned me with AP but that was high roll) gun mantlet and LFP are terrible and it's impossible to hide them with those gun arcs. Pubs shot two spots on every tank: LFP and the dead center of it - in Ob. 263's case it means: weakspots. Also 30mm engine deck is screaming "overmatch me!"

Forgive me, father. I must confess that I can't stop playing with my Bishop.

50 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

While UFP is amazing (today Jagd E-100 penned me with AP but that was high roll)

That's literally not possible unless he was above you. IIRC ufp is ~450mm effective.

9 minutes ago, TheLovePanda said:

That's literally not possible unless he was above you. IIRC ufp is ~450mm effective.

My mistake, I was thinking about superstructure and that one was on flat ground. UFP has ~360-370mm effective but most of my enemies just shot LFP or gun mantlet. UPF is such obvious strongspot that no one is gonna waste his shot there.

3 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

My mistake, I was thinking about superstructure and that one was on flat ground. UFP has ~360-370mm effective but most of my enemies just shot LFP or gun mantlet. UPF is such obvious strongspot that no one is gonna waste his shot there.

263 UFP has 250/cos (55) = 435mm of effective armor. Superstructure is 250/cos (45) = 353mm effective. 

Conclusion: 263 is VERY heavily armored, but not surprisingly even its superstructure can't stand up to high rolls from the highest penetrating gun in the game.

Also, no pub is going to overmatching anything except by luck. 

263 is incredible. That is all.