Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo444

Tier 10 ax list

xcxKEPn.png

Alright, so here is the deal. I have all these tier tens still, I have had in the past the Obj 268, WT E100, and Obj 261. I absolutely hate campy playstyles, so the two camp tds got the ax long ago. Recently, the cancer has been so widespread in WoT, I decide I should do my part and get my garage to chemo. That leaves these 13...

I am really starting to hate slow gameplay. I hate losing matches because I can't get back to cap, or I can't keep up with the team. I can thank the Type 4 for this. This has me considering dumping several of these tanks.

Just a little bit of background, I don't really enjoy clanwars anymore, and although I might get back into it in the future, the selling/keeping of these tanks does not hinge on that. I play these tanks for enjoyment in pubs/toons.

Ones that I am definitely keeping:

Leo 1: self explanatory, fast, great gun.
E 100: 1300 battles, still fun as hell.
T110E5: nice jack of all trades tank, decent mobility.
T57 HT: OP as shit, not too slow.
T110E4: Decent mobility, great heavy tank.
IS-4: Fast enough, good gun handling for a rusky, good armor.
IS-7: Fast under the right circumstances, troll armor, god turret.

Ones I am debating:
JPE100: sloooooooooooow. Gun is punchy and can do well in a pinch, but the limitation of the RoF makes it hard to really contribute to wins.
183: Almost as slow as the JPE. significantly worse gun handling. The only reason I have it is because one shotting everything below tier 10 and half of those at tier 10 is fuuuuuuuuuuun. Troll gun is huge limiting factor in the ability for it to win games though, as hitting a scout for 500 with a direct hit, or hitting a T57 in the gun and doing 20 dmg is maddening. Bottom line, losing is not fun.
Foch 155: Got this after running the Foch 120 and having a blast in it. This is like its inbred older brother. Atrocious gun handling, intershell reload, and derpy as shit shells.
T110E3: Feel like I am most likely to keep this one out of all the considerations. Decent crew, does well in a standoff, fun to troll heat. But good god is it slow.
FV 215B: Was really expecting the Chieftain to be out by now. Now, I don't know if it is coming at all. Don't necessarily hate this tank, but the rear mounted turret on a tank that needs to be hull down is painful. Getting penned so often makes the 2500 HP seem like 1500. 

So, some on that list I think need the ax, just having trouble deciding.

Tier 9s I am grinding to put it in perspective of what my current playstyle is:
Type 4: Literally just grinding this to get the type 5 unlocked, then going to pull the crew to grind the STB.
AMX 50 120: Hopefully the 50B is worth the grind, this tank has a lot of painful weaknesses
M46 Patton: Excellent tank, keeper
E 50: Excellent tank, keeper
T54: Excellent tank, keeper

^ May need crews to throw in the last 3, or their tier 10 successors.

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

I have 37 tier 10s (thanks skirmish gold for free xp). So I'll give you my honest opinion:

• Keep the 183, it's just fun from times to time, not a good tank, but a fun one.
  • You can sell the jpe100, it's got a good armor, but the playstyle is slow and it's a freaking arty magnet.
  • You can sell the foch 155, it used to be good over 3 years ago, now it's just a collector tank, waiting 1 minute to shoot with an highly unreliable gun is not what I would classify as 'not camping', which you are looking for.
  • Keep the t110e3, it does eveything the jpe100 does, but better. (and apcr gold rounds are wayyy better than heat gold rounds).
  • Keep the fv215b, even if you don't like it, it is scheduled to be changed for a new heavy, so it will give you the new heavy without the pain of having to grind the credits to buy it.
  • Sell the type 4, both the type 4 and type 5 are not worth the credits at all, point.
  • The 50b is good, it's fast and agile, I would keep the 50-120 if I were you.
  • Keep the 46, its a good tank, quite comfortable, and the 48 is now okay since it's last buff. Not the best tank, but the depression on it is soooo goood.

So I think it covers what you were doubting about. Selling those would net you 8 to 9 million credits and 3 slots without losing anything interesting.

If you liked the M46 you'll LOVE the M48. It's the number 1 pubstomping monster, accept no substitutes.

Honestly though, it's not worth taking the hit of 3m credits to sell a "bad" tank that'll inevitably be buffed later. Just grind or buy some more credits (depending whether you have time or money to spare).

I have 33 tier 10s so far. Not all of them are good, but once I've bought them they stay bought. I did them all the old-fashioned way grinding up the lines because I'm not very good and there's no such thing as tourney riches in EU. Still need to buy a couple - I never got to try the F155 when it was good, but I'll eventually buy it anyway because what else will I have to spend the credits on?

6 hours ago, woe2you said:

Honestly though, it's not worth taking the hit of 3m credits to sell a "bad" tank that'll inevitably be buffed later.

My Foch 155 is laughing right now. I'll take the 3 mil credits and wait until I'm 50 before that thing is buffed ever again.

11 hours ago, bolagnaise said:

My Foch 155 is laughing right now. I'll take the 3 mil credits and wait until I'm 50 before that thing is buffed ever again.

I can see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. If I'd sold the FV4202 when I discovered how bad it was I'd have pissed 9m credits up the wall. Instead I have a free CAX.

As Buffalo is on NA, there is very little you risk by selling T10s. NA players can get back as many tanks as they want with a single support ticket for the sell price of each, four times per year.

IMHO sell everything you don't enjoy. Keeping shit that does nothing other than collect dust is just bad. If I don't play a tank anymore and always find an excuse not to play it every time I think about it, it's queued up to be sold next time something catches my fancy. If in the future it does get buffed, get it back (and some other stuff you want back) with a ticket.

8 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

NA players can get back as many tanks as they want with a single support ticket for the sell price of each, four times per year.

IIRC it was limited to 4 tanks per ticket, 4 times a year... still a great insurance policy for a bad/rushed decision or seller's remorse.

6 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

IIRC it was limited to 4 tanks per ticket, 4 times a year... still a great insurance policy for a bad/rushed decision or seller's remorse.

I got back 5 tanks on my ticket, and I don't recall there being a limit:

TAwggug.png

They might have changed the policy though, so you might be right :)

20 hours ago, Buffalo444 said:

xcxKEPn.png

I am really starting to hate slow gameplay. I hate losing matches because I can't get back to cap, or I can't keep up with the team. 

Literally the only tank that is worth keeping based on that criteria is the Leo 1. Where are all the mediums at?1?

Do yourself a favour - if you like dynamic gameplay, grind every other med line the game except British and Chinese.

12 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Literally the only tank that is worth keeping based on that criteria is the Leo 1. Where are all the mediums at?1?

Do yourself a favour - if you like dynamic gameplay, grind every other med line the game except British and Chinese.

UK only gets really un-dynamic at 8 and 9. Cromwell, Comet and CAX are intense fun.

@woe2you (I forgot to quote).

CAX is a complete dog turd, and it has 0 use since the M48 got buffed. Want a fast tank with gun depression, high DPM and no gun handling? Get an STB-1, it does all of those things but better. Want a tank that has gun depression and the gun handling to use it snap shotting? Why, there's the buffed M48, my good sir. Want a tank that has pinpoint accuracy and the armour to weather the storm until it aims fully? Get an E-50M. Want a tank that takes module dmg every shot and poor gun handling, but can at least chai snipe, abuse camo and then GTFO at 60 kph? A Leo 1 sounds the right tank for you.

I think the UK tanks generally suffer from poor speed at tiers 8 and 9 (so the same problems with being unable to locate as specified by the OP in the initial post) and ebola gun handling (compared to its peers, STB-1 not withstanding) and massive size/no armour combo at tier 10.

Ax them all and you keep the tanks that have similar playstyles til you realize the shit 183 or JPE you just sold differentiate from the pack by being uniquely shit. I actually regret selling my JPE, Waffle, and 50B because all the shit i have left is the same thing over and over. Be it the M48 or the Maus. Axing my fun and shit tanks has actually killed the game for me, i dont strive to be good anymore because of it.

14 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

CAX is a complete dog turd, and it has 0 use since the M48 got buffed. Want a fast tank with gun depression, high DPM and no gun handling? Get an STB-1, it does all of those things but better. Want a tank that has gun depression and the gun handling to use it snap shotting? Why, there's the buffed M48, my good sir. Want a tank that has pinpoint accuracy and the armour to weather the storm until it aims fully? Get an E-50M. Want a tank that takes module dmg every shot and poor gun handling, but can at least chai snipe, abuse camo and then GTFO at 60 kph? A Leo 1 sounds the right tank for you.

I have all of the above, and I still enjoy the CAX. It's also still the prettiest in the Fellowship.

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

As Buffalo is on NA, there is very little you risk by selling T10s. NA players can get back as many tanks as they want with a single support ticket for the sell price of each, four times per year.

IMHO sell everything you don't enjoy. Keeping shit that does nothing other than collect dust is just bad. If I don't play a tank anymore and always find an excuse not to play it every time I think about it, it's queued up to be sold next time something catches my fancy. If in the future it does get buffed, get it back (and some other stuff you want back) with a ticket.

This is the decision I went with. Thanks Rexxie.

4 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

My requirements for mobility are pretty low. E5 is right where the comfort level begins, there are a few I am keeping below that that are more for just the fun I do have in them, without feeling completely gimped by the speed.

I'm already tier 9 on the Patton line, nearly have it researched. Tier 9 on the 50 M as well, about 1/3rd the way. Tier 9 on the 62a/140, but literally haven't even started on the 430 line at all. I planned on doing the AX just because it meets my reqs for mobility, and I think it looks fuckin sexy. I haven't went down the french med line at all, but took my french heavy crew, stuck it in an m4 R, and will free xp to the 13 90 when the time comes. Haven't started on the Czech line, have free xped to tier 6 on the Jap line, sold my Type 4 and going to respec the 3 skill crew and free xp to the sta-1, I have the STA-2 and chi nu kai as trainers.With the chinese line, I have a med crew and have free xped to the tier 6 (to get started on the chinese heavies) and run that crew in my t-34-3, so I'll probably start grinding on the T-34-1.

I do wish I would have bought the Pz 58 mutz back when it was available, so I could have a leo style prem to run.

22 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I think the UK tanks generally suffer from poor speed at tiers 8 and 9 (so the same problems with being unable to locate as specified by the OP in the initial post) and ebola gun handling (compared to its peers, STB-1 not withstanding) and massive size/no armour combo at tier 10.

bZO2n.gif

I just dont see the point in selling them. Dont like them then done play them. Never know when WG will randomly decide to replace a tank or buff it. Just set them as reserves so you dont have to look at them but are still there should you have a wild itch.

Sell the crap tanks if you need a good crew. French heavies benefit a lot from good crews in higher tiers - ditch the Foch and use gold to retrain on discount.

And for the love of god, play some meds. Do you really need 7 tier X heavies?? At least 3 are cancerbad, 2 are meh, and 3 are actually awesome. I suggest ditching at least 4 of them - play more tier 9, that is the sweet spot for heavies imho - E 75, T-10, WZ, Conq...and a lot of good tds are better in tier 9 than 10...like 704, jagdtier, waffle 4...

tier X meds rule. there are only 3 tier 9 meds worth of chosing at all, and they are E 50, T-54 and Skoda. Tier 10 is the other way around - there are only 3 that are truly bad, but you have managed to get one.

1 hour ago, Felicius said:

Sell the crap tanks if you need a good crew. French heavies benefit a lot from good crews in higher tiers - ditch the Foch and use gold to retrain on discount.

And for the love of god, play some meds. Do you really need 7 tier X heavies?? At least 3 are cancerbad, 2 are meh, and 3 are actually awesome. I suggest ditching at least 4 of them - play more tier 9, that is the sweet spot for heavies imho - E 75, T-10, WZ, Conq...and a lot of good tds are better in tier 9 than 10...like 704, jagdtier, waffle 4...

tier X meds rule. there are only 3 tier 9 meds worth of chosing at all, and they are E 50, T-54 and Skoda. Tier 10 is the other way around - there are only 3 that are truly bad, but you have managed to get one.

Not sure if I should take that seriously...