KenyanWarlord

What maps do you loathe playing and why?

For me, Prohk-a-I can't be bother to spell out the shitty maps shitty name is by far the worst map in the game for me. I hardly ever play tanks with thick turrets, so your usefulness on the battlefield is extremely limited. You can either go 1-3 line and camp for 10 minutes, hit the mid ridge and get fucked over by tanks with armour or go to the hill and get fucked over by tanks on the hill and on the mid ridge who have thick turrets.

Normally whenever this map comes up in the rotation I just suicide up the middle at the start. Can't be bothered to waste 10 minutes instead of playing 3 games in that timeframe. :)

Windstorm, Mines (especially South on Standard or either on Encounter with arty), Stalingrad, Kharkov, Westfield with arty, Mountain Pass with retards. Probably missing some there too.

Mines is just an awful and predictable map.  Its small and there are huge unplayable areas.  Westfield in good without arty and horrid with arty.  I must be sick, I love prok and would probably quit game if they did away with all of the open mobility/vision maps - its one of the few maps where you can access every square and are not forced into funnels.

Airfield, mines and prok are very much take this position or your fucked maps. But in terms of gameplay I HATE Lakeville the most. The recent QB jagE100 game highlights the biggest problems with the map. The usual arty shitters will not bother moving to take out the giant armored TDs that are in perfect, high-ground, hulldown positions with easy shots on anything coming to the cap. Such a pain in the ass to dig out and gives the campers a massive advantage.

Windstorm, Artic Region (if medium), Ruinberg with eyepain, derpenberg, really any winter map except winter himmelsdorf, because I literally cannot identify enemy tanks through bushes, the outlines are the same color and blend into the bushes but if I turn color blind mode off I cant identify tanks on any summer map.

Windstorm in general I hate unless I'm in like an IS4 or something. Abbey if I'm not a medium in the north with no arty in play because it is just three terribly boring lanes, if below tier 7 game I can have fun waddling up a side (and it is actually fun in stronks). Mines in high tier games just cause everyone sees everything, airfield from the west because I don't know what to do and just sort of slowly play until I have options and try to not get artied, fjords on the east side just no idea what to do, sand river I just suck at in general, Prok/fiery salient if I'm in a slow thing, Malinovka if I'm in a slow thing. Not a fan of Korea map when in the north. There are more probably that I just haven't played enough recently to remember how much I hated them. I liked Komarin and Hidden Village though.

Just now, Inciatus said:

Windstorm, Artic Region (if medium), Ruinberg with eyepain, derpenberg, really any winter map except winter himmelsdorf, because I literally cannot identify enemy tanks through bushes, the outlines are the same color and blend into the bushes but if I turn color blind mode off I cant identify tanks on any summer map.

Windstorm in general I hate unless I'm in like an IS4 or something. Abbey if I'm not a medium in the north with no arty in play because it is just three terribly boring lanes, if below tier 7 game I can have fun waddling up a side (and it is actually fun in stronks). Mines in high tier games just cause everyone sees everything, airfield from the west because I don't know what to do and just sort of slowly play until I have options and try to not get artied, fjords on the east side just no idea what to do, sand river I just suck at in general, Prok/fiery salient if I'm in a slow thing, Malinovka if I'm in a slow thing. Not a fan of Korea map when in the north. There are more probably that I just haven't played enough recently to remember how much I hated them. I liked Komarin and Hidden Village though.

wargaming changing the shade of blue so that it doesn't blend into the map is far too difficult

Just now, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Why can't we see some fun maps from Central and South America and the South Pacific. An African map would be awesome 

El Halluf? Sorta?

4 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

I have a blast on el halluf. unloading clip after clip of my t-57 is fun as fuck

I'm just thinking of the years and years of reworks it took to be playable as well as how campy that can be assuming nobody wants to throw their HP away

33 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

wargaming changing the shade of blue so that it doesn't blend into the map is far too difficult

Tru fax about wargaming. Though I haven't even found any mods that can do it for me :QQ:

21 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

I'm just thinking of the years and years of reworks it took to be playable as well as how campy that can be assuming nobody wants to throw their HP away

tbh I actually kinda liked el halluf back when it was the troll corner before. with the hills and shit

Just now, KenyanWarlord said:

tbh I actually kinda liked el halluf back when it was the troll corner before. with the hills and shit

take 2 seconds to imagine being a kv5 on that map in a tier 9 game

:nmad:

Mountain Pass is by far the worst map in the game. First of all you simply cannot win if your team doesn't go south, or even if they lose south. There is nowhere to fall back to and kite them out to wither the push out from either (like there is on every other map). It's the one and only map I can tell who wins after I spot middle and see how many tanks cross to south. 

Shitstorm, Shittygrad, Shitkov and Shitville are all shit too. 

Lakeville and Mines - neither belong at t9/10. Limited lanes of approach for Lakeville and mines is mildly put utter trash.

Windstorm is awful for tanks such as the Rhm. Borsig Waffentrager, Prok is only good for certain tanks. Kharkov sucks for glass cannons and lights.

Does server meta play a part in the dislike of same maps? I get a lot of comments during streams like 'on EU, the whole team doesn't YOLO to C1 on serene coast to win the map and the game, where on ASIA it's the done thing'

Windstorm and mountain pass are by far the shittiest maps, another great example of WG corridor meta maps, where arty dominates from the back and you can't push with insufficient numbers or have any good flanking opportunities. 

any gimmicky map where slow tanks can get fucked 100m out their spawn to go somewhere because light tanks have early vision on lanes they need to cross to get to important positions that shit is retarded as fuck

i.e mountain pass, retardville, airfield, cliff etc

i get that light tanks need to have a role in this game but it shouldnt be to fuck over slow tanks that have barely left cap 30 seconds into the game.