KenyanWarlord

Game Of Thrones tonight boiiiiz

I watched half of the first episode of the first season, didn't like it too much.

3 minutes ago, Bridgeburner said:

I'm cringing at this ep, jesus christ Dumb n Dumber

Bridgey, I will fly to Melbourne and kill you if you divulge anything more.

or call ASIO on you.

Guys, please be a bit more elaborate in your reasoning why the show is not good. Just calling it shit and leaving it at that is kinda pointless and a waste of time for everyone.

I personally dont care too much about the show. I really liked the first few seasons as you never knew who might or might not survive, but it seems as though they are killing off every main character just for the shits and giggles of it. They are quickly running out of characters that you care about. It is almost a surprise if someone survives now, which is just as bad as the films/series where the main character always survives one way or another.

@WaterWar Well said. I too have gone off the series, mainly because it's reached the tipping point where it has too many characters to give any if them decent screen-time, despite the rate at which characters are killed. Unfortunately, what works in a book series doesn't work so well in a TV series. It doesn't help that the book series is pretty overrated.

12 hours ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Whose hyped? 

I wanted to bang my head to the wall because it was on interwebz already for 7 hrs and I only found out now.

Anyway 6 minutes left to finish

44 minutes ago, edger2020 said:

I wanted to bang my head to the wall because it was on interwebz already for 7 hrs and I only found out now.

Anyway 6 minutes left to finish

Is it less boring than season 5 yet?

It doesn't help that the book series is pretty overrated

Can you name a better written fantasy series from last 20 years ? Overrated, dunno but fantasy books readers most of the times have a good opinion about ASOIAF.

Nope, its even worse so far. Not much on the screen makes any sense.

47 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

How can I tell whats interesting for you and what is not?

For me it was worth to watch first in 720p till 1080p version did not finished than watch it for second time.

Since I do not want to spoil this Ill give more detailed answer to you here:

Spoiler

First episode is simply part 2 of last episode of season 5, they are just finishing whats started there.

So I cant say that this episode is start season 6, more like end of season 5.

The show just makes me moar sad that GRRM is NEVER going to finish the damn books.  That fat fuck started cashing royalty checks and the donut spurge got real.  He's 67, he has two books to go, he weighs more than Hodor, he's pretty much let HBO take over writing the screenplays completely because he DGAF.  If he is genuinely able to:

• A. Live long enough to write two books.
  • B  Actually write two books,  
  • C is able to finish the story in only two books,

I'll drive to New Mexico and suck his dick

Its wheel of time all over again.

44 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

The show just makes me moar sad that GRRM is NEVER going to finish the damn books.  That fat fuck started cashing royalty checks and the donut spurge got real.  He's 67, he has two books to go, he weighs more than Hodor, he's pretty much let HBO take over writing the screenplays completely because he DGAF.  If he is genuinely able to:

• A. Live long enough to write two books.
  • B  Actually write two books,  
  • C is able to finish the story in only two books,

I'll drive to New Mexico and suck his dick

Its wheel of time all over again.

Indeed. Which is pretty much why I refuse buy into series with more than 3 books. Even those are pushing it. Being incapable to telling a good story in a single 300-600 page novel is the sure sign of a poor author. Going beyond 3 novels in a series is just bloat. 

59 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Indeed. Which is pretty much why I refuse buy into series with more than 3 books. Even those are pushing it. Being incapable to telling a good story in a single 300-600 page novel is the sure sign of a poor author. Going beyond 3 novels in a series is just bloat. 

It's hard to say GoT is one story though. So many own-novel worthy stories take place in each novel. 

3 hours ago, howland_reed said:

Can you name a better written fantasy series from last 20 years ? Overrated, dunno but fantasy boo series most of the times have a good opinion about ASOIAF.

I preferred Wheel of Time.  Though it certainly has its faults as well.

Some of the Dragonlance saga fits into that 20 year window as well.