Sign in to follow this  
Egospartan

Had enough of my bad play.

I just need to say this out loud.  I am tired of making the same mistakes game after game.

Area's I need to improve

* Making the other guy make the mistake 1st, let him peak 1st

* Relocate if nothing is happening on your flank

* Do not rush to far forward relax pick your spots (the game does last 15 min sometimes).  This one costs me so much!!!

* If your team is getting rolled farm damage, make them pay for the win.

Now these are just a small sample of what i want to fix,  it on me.

I have confessed my sins now I want to not repeat them:)

Spartan

Edited by Egospartan
Fixed txt

13 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

The last one do not rly make you a better player.

For him it is. Learning to deal damage (lets forget that retarded "2" key for a moment) regardless of the situation is a key to becoming a better player.

15 hours ago, Egospartan said:

I just need to say this out loud.  I am tired of making the same mistakes game after game.

Area's I need to improve

* Do not rush to far forward relax pick your spots (the game does last 15 min sometimes).  This one costs me so much!!!

Spartan

Which all means concentration, so play when motivated and fresh not (as I do) when blasted out after a day at the office.   I have been playing a month or two (only blitz) and find it very hard going to improve.   Great game though :)

17 hours ago, Egospartan said:

Area's I need to improve

Spartan

I have for 20k games been in your situation. When establishing bad gaming habits they are often extremely hard 
to remove. Knecht mentiones the ability to deal DMG, but I am pretty sure you have picked up smth along the way.
I am inclined to believe that you know how to angle, how to hit weakspots, how to snapshot effectively etc.
Most probably you suffer from the usual combo of tunnelvision combined with mediocre or bad situational awareness.
You need to be more flexible, loosen up.
To be able to do that more effectively among other things you gotta look at your minimap MUCH more often than
at present.
The only way I can make myself do that(staying away from that lovely bubble within sniper mode aiming over the barrel)
I must simply force myself to stay in arcade mode more.
Staying in arcade => the probability of you being more alert to your surroundings & looking at minimap more, increases.

Try it for a while

Welcome!

Recently I've been trying to win more games and make the jump to dark purple recents. I've found these links to be really helpful:

Also, sometimes farming damage when you're losing will turn the battle around. I completely agree with never giving up, some of my best games have been won from those types of situations.

I often find myself in really shitty situations (position wise) as well. The best piece of advice I can give you is to look at where you want to go and think of all the possible avenues of fire you'll have upon the enemy. If it looks too good to be true, chances are it is. You have to remember that any avenue of fire you have against the enemy team is also an avenue of fire they have against you. 

Welcome to the forums! Brace yourself for the mob mentality.

So its been a few weeks since my post and I want to follow up.

I am following through with my statements. Things have improved,  I think the biggest thing I do now is, flex move when things are slow, take the extra time and go the safe way, do not give hp away cheaply and never trade shots.

Stats are heading in the right direction.