Sign in to follow this  
KenyanWarlord

Object 416 heartbreak - what could've I done?

http://wotreplays.com/site/2650998#el_halluf-kenyanwarlord-object_416

I know I fucked up real bad on my shots against the RHM and the Prototype at the mid to late game mark, because had I not let my nerves get over me they both would've been dead. I also was stupid to trade hp with the prototype, but I didn't expect my team to get wiped and I expected to kill the prototype which probably would've stopped that.

At the end, my thought process was that it was going to be drawn out, and I knew where the proto was due to when he shot me, so I just sort of yoloed.

What would've you done? 

Thanks for the input.

At the start: definitely move after 2 shots. Crusader SP has shown himself not to be brain-dead, he's picked up a kill. Didn't need to take the SPG damage. Also was a possibility that you could have driven ass-first when taking those first shots, making yourself a smaller target, and makes escaping easier.

Letting the JT shoot you was probably a mistake, I don't remember that clearly but you could have either let a pubbie take the shot, or just GTFO'd to the C2 ledge position you eventually ended up in, would have given you sideshots into any tanks flanking the main force (in this case, the T28 Proto), also meant you would have avoided the temptation to trade HP with the T28 Proto.

I think you slung 2x HEAT rounds at the Rhm, that was a mistake. Was actually worth it to swap out for an HE/AP round there, having 1 chance instead of blowing 2 HEAT rounds, saving them for the proto.

I do not like loading HE for the reset. It's obvious that neither the Rhm. nor the T28 Proto are capping. ELCs have a very small hitzone where HE is effective, same goes for the Crusader SP. Panther/M10 won't get penned by HE unless he gives you his ass straight on, I wouldn't expect that from the dumbest of pubbies. Better to load AP. If you lolbounce it was very likely you wouldn't be able to kill the capper fast enough and you'd lose too much HP to carry anyway.

Heading to the south corner after killing the ELC wasn't the best idea – there's no vantage point that provides vision. Besides you want to be aggressive when you're outnumbered, and isolate your opponents into 1v1s, ideally catching them unawares. I'd either head towards A0 for the vantage point or back towards the mountains/hills whatever to find a duel.

That peek on the Rhm was extremely risky – a more competent player would have shut you down. Either peek ass-first from the other angle or wait to be dropped off the map.

Again, don't like the south. Nor heading down the valley. In fact, I hate that much more. There was no escape route after getting spotted, you got trapped there. Your enemies know exactly where you are, there are limited exit paths. They have the high ground advantage, and if the Crusader's in their base and the Proto is in yours, you have next to no chance of winning. Your best percentage play, considering the time, and if you wanted the win, is to bet that their Crusader tagged along with the T28 Proto and frag them both in quick succession.

Kind of dumb to go for the frag that way at the end, without gun depression, the Proto has a huge advantage when you went for the face.

Side note on equipment: Why binos? Rammer, Vert Stabs, Optics should be the best setup.

2 minutes ago, steveaus said:

At the start: definitely move after 2 shots. Crusader SP has shown himself not to be brain-dead, he's picked up a kill. Didn't need to take the SPG damage. Also was a possibility that you could have driven ass-first when taking those first shots, making yourself a smaller target, and makes escaping easier.

Letting the JT shoot you was probably a mistake, I don't remember that clearly but you could have either let a pubbie take the shot, or just GTFO'd to the C2 ledge position you eventually ended up in, would have given you sideshots into any tanks flanking the main force (in this case, the T28 Proto), also meant you would have avoided the temptation to trade HP with the T28 Proto.

I think you slung 2x HEAT rounds at the Rhm, that was a mistake. Was actually worth it to swap out for an HE/AP round there, having 1 chance instead of blowing 2 HEAT rounds, saving them for the proto.

I do not like loading HE for the reset. It's obvious that neither the Rhm. nor the T28 Proto are capping. ELCs have a very small hitzone where HE is effective, same goes for the Crusader SP. Panther/M10 won't get penned by HE unless he gives you his ass straight on, I wouldn't expect that from the dumbest of pubbies. Better to load AP. If you lolbounce it was very likely you wouldn't be able to kill the capper fast enough and you'd lose too much HP to carry anyway.

Heading to the south corner after killing the ELC wasn't the best idea – there's no vantage point that provides vision. Besides you want to be aggressive when you're outnumbered, and isolate your opponents into 1v1s, ideally catching them unawares. I'd either head towards A0 for the vantage point or back towards the mountains/hills whatever to find a duel.

That peek on the Rhm was extremely risky – a more competent player would have shut you down. Either peek ass-first from the other angle or wait to be dropped off the map.

Again, don't like the south. Nor heading down the valley. In fact, I hate that much more. There was no escape route after getting spotted, you got trapped there. Your enemies know exactly where you are, there are limited exit paths. They have the high ground advantage, and if the Crusader's in their base and the Proto is in yours, you have next to no chance of winning. Your best percentage play, considering the time, and if you wanted the win, is to bet that their Crusader tagged along with the T28 Proto and frag them both in quick succession.

Kind of dumb to go for the frag that way at the end, without gun depression, the Proto has a huge advantage when you went for the face.

Side note on equipment: Why binos? Rammer, Vert Stabs, Optics should be the best setup.

Reason why I went for the enemy base at the end was because I thought the prototype might've been there. And, you saying there was no vantage point where I was going was because I never got a chance to get to where I wanted to go, a bush that looks over the valley, cause I thought the RHM was going to come up the hill I went up at the end when I died.

I figured I'd given the prototype enough time to have gotten to cap, and I expected him to cap because I assumed he was a new-ish player. When I had timed it to where he would have gotten to my base and started to cap, I assumed he was camping his base. Once I got spotted at the end and shot at, I realized I was wrong, but it was too late anyways.

And binos because I play the 416 like the most campy piece of shit ever.

12 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Reason why I went for the enemy base at the end was because I thought the prototype might've been there. And, you saying there was no vantage point where I was going was because I never got a chance to get to where I wanted to go, a bush that looks over the valley, cause I thought the RHM was going to come up the hill I went up at the end when I died.

I figured I'd given the prototype enough time to have gotten to cap, and I expected him to cap because I assumed he was a new-ish player. When I had timed it to where he would have gotten to my base and started to cap, I assumed he was camping his base. Once I got spotted at the end and shot at, I realized I was wrong, but it was too late anyways.

And binos because I play the 416 like the most campy piece of shit ever.

That vantage point is pretty useless, expect your enemies to group up together. The closest hill the Rhm could have taken was the C6 one, so that's the most likely one. T28 Protos are slow. If he was camping base, then he'd have an edge on you and it would be pretty much an unwinnable engagement – he would have the high ground, possibly hard cover, most likely first spot on you, etc. Best percentage play was probably to get to somewhere like D7, where you have vision over most of the map, since you have binocs, and can ambush the Proto if he comes from behind. Probably not enough time to catch and frag both tanks if they were camping base.

Optics are usually enough for your spotting needs such that you don't need binocs, especially if you put Situational Awareness on your Commander after SS, BiA, Camo. You don't really need hyper view range, since your role isn't to passive scout in most cases – the maps in WoT are too small in general for that. Maybe Malinovka and Prokhorovka might give Binos an edge in some areas, but you're a medium – you're meant to be moving like in most of this replay. Optics > Binos, almost always.

Also, take whatever input I give with a grain of salt, I still think I suck at this game a lot of the times.

5 minutes ago, steveaus said:

That vantage point is pretty useless, expect your enemies to group up together. The closest hill the Rhm could have taken was the C6 one, so that's the most likely one. T28 Protos are slow. If he was camping base, then he'd have an edge on you and it would be pretty much an unwinnable engagement – he would have the high ground, possibly hard cover, most likely first spot on you, etc. Best percentage play was probably to get to somewhere like D7, where you have vision over most of the map, since you have binocs, and can ambush the Proto if he comes from behind. Probably not enough time to catch and frag both tanks if they were camping base.

Optics are usually enough for your spotting needs such that you don't need binocs, especially if you put Situational Awareness on your Commander after SS, BiA, Camo. You don't really need hyper view range, since your role isn't to passive scout in most cases – the maps in WoT are too small in general for that. Maybe Malinovka and Prokhorovka might give Binos an edge in some areas, but you're a medium – you're meant to be moving like in most of this replay. Optics > Binos, almost always.

Not sure if you've ever played the 416 or not, but that thing is not a medium. Shitty depression means it can't play any ridgeline, so you have to stay back, hence the binos. And it's only a tier 8 that I'm grinding. I don't have a four skill crew on it.

2 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Not sure if you've ever played the 416 or not, but that thing is not a medium. Shitty depression means it can't play any ridgeline, so you have to stay back, hence the binos. And it's only a tier 8 that I'm grinding. I don't have a four skill crew on it.

I haven't, but Garbad has (R.I.P.).

5 hours ago, KenyanWarlord said:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2650998#el_halluf-kenyanwarlord-object_416

I know I fucked up real bad on my shots against the RHM and the Prototype at the mid to late game mark, because had I not let my nerves get over me they both would've been dead. I also was stupid to trade hp with the prototype, but I didn't expect my team to get wiped and I expected to kill the prototype which probably would've stopped that.

At the end, my thought process was that it was going to be drawn out, and I knew where the proto was due to when he shot me, so I just sort of yoloed.

What would've you done? 

Thanks for the input.

1st I'm gonna watch replay, but when I'm in draw situation I don't push if I don't have a clear advantage. Because you'll end up killed. Also, you need to have camo and HEAT on 416, and then it shines. Sniping across map concealed as TD :) 

Yesterday I drove one game with 416, Westfield north, and went into the middle. GG was close, 4k dmg in T9 match simple picking off spotted MEDS and LTs across west side :) 

EDIT

1. More HEAT 
  2. AIM more on crucial shots (you fucked up few one-shot tanks, T28 and RHM when they tried to kill IS6)
  3. Fuck binos, you have to wait for 5s before it's useless (situational, recon, and optics + optional food for best VR)
  4. Use yours retards more (like T150 and IS6) and then fire. Don't get hit
  5. You are lucky guy, every time I go on el haluf ditch (your initial position) arty hits me hard

Other than that, you carried game well. 

4 hours ago, KenyanWarlord said:

And that's the way he chose to play it. This is the way I choose to play mine. Thanks for the advice on the game though.

Why ask for help if you're going to be a dick?

Also, as flawed as he was, Garbad was/is a much better player than you - maybe you can learn a thing or two from him?

5 hours ago, KenyanWarlord said:

You can play (almost) anything like a medium

Just because it wasn't meant for it does not mean it cannot function as one

the only tanks I have ever found completely incapable are (most) artillery and the Churchill gun carrier.

You could probably improve your wr a good bit by functioning as a med during certain parts of the battle instead of exclusively chai sniping

If you're gonna play the 416 as, I quote: a camping piece of shit, you'll wanna run vents or optics instead. Binocs are truly useless on everything now and you'll be relocating a lot if you want to keep camping anyway so optics or vents is the way to go on this. 

No matter how you play your tank I'd still argue that you're simply wrong. 

I'm obviously not going to waste my time watching the replay when you obviously don't take the advice given to you, even though it's probably right, and trying to find excuses for your flawed play

5 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Why ask for help if you're going to be a dick?

Also, as flawed as he was, Garbad was/is a much better player than you - maybe you can learn a thing or two from him?

Because while I still take advice, I find it much more enjoyable to develop my own strategies, not just copy that of players who are more skilled then I am.

10 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Because while I still take advice, I find it much more enjoyable to develop my own strategies, not just copy that of players who are more skilled then I am.

You can't reinvent the fuckin wheel.

Use camo and optics, snipe like hell = profit WN8. 

2 hours ago, KenyanWarlord said:

So here you are, asking for help, on how to disregard said help to probably later on acknowledge you were wrong all along, do what was told to you and call it a self developed strategy? 

:retard: 

Well if you use optics, you might play to well which would cause the enemy team to have less fun, and I know you wouldn't want to do that. Best plan for you would be play however you want to, and if you don't want advice don't ask for it, it's really a simple plan but a good one.