Sign in to follow this  
BOchamp01

Two 121 games, what should i have done?

my friend asked me to play his account while he is away on vacation, and im trying to get better just playing tier 10 meds so i played two games in the 121. First game is on Westfield south, i spawned in the east, so i climbed the mid hill, and tried to get shots onto the mediums in the east as they crossed. He doesnt have 6th sense which drives me crazy, but me bad decision making is what cost me damages not the crew/. We won the game, but what should i have done, to get more shots, and actually contribute?

1st game: http://wotreplays.com/site/2654626?secret=854902a6f8eb5ca3522a5b1f94a52dbf 

Second game is on artic region, both teams mainly have all heavies, and the enemy has 3 arty. i head to the north and try to get to the hulldown spot. i spot the m103 and the T30 is lit by our YOLOing M41. i get a free shot of damage, and pull back trying not to get hit by those 3 arty. poking against the m103 was a bad decision as it cost me my repair kit, and the second poke was worse, as i wasnt sure of the m103s reload and figured i could beat it. afte3r clear the m103, i head back to defend base, i miss the killshot on the 69, and try to get into a spot where i can defend against the IS3 and maybe save arty, but i notice the 69 and 54E1 flanking, so i quickly kill the 54 then take a huge shot from the e3 and the IS3 fiinishes me off. What could i have done there? would going back to the little sniping hill above me been the better call? pushing with the amx 50 120 and skoda been better? any help is appreciated. 

2nd game: http://wotreplays.com/site/2654628?secret=854902a6f8eb5ca3522a5b1f94a52dbf

Without even watching the replays, I can tell you that the source for a ton of your problems would be the lack of sixth sense. I have no idea how your friend could stand the grind to tier 10 without sixth sense. I'm really in no position skill wise to review your replays, but I can tell you right now in a nicer way then the other people will that sixth sense is an absolute must. I don't have to watch the replays to almost guarantee you would've done at least one or two shots more of damage with sixth sense.

GET IT BOY. Or get your friend to get that. You should have it before you get past tier 6, maybe tier 7 in my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Without even watching the replays, I can tell you that the source for a ton of your problems would be the lack of sixth sense. I have no idea how your friend could stand the grind to tier 10 without sixth sense. I'm really in no position skill wise to review your replays, but I can tell you right now in a nicer way then the other people will that sixth sense is an absolute must. I don't have to watch the replays to almost guarantee you would've done at least one or two shots more of damage with sixth sense.

GET IT BOY. Or get your friend to get that. You should have it before you get past tier 6, maybe tier 7 in my opinion. 

I retrained his crew to have sixth sense on the second game because it drives me insane without it. TBH WG should just make it standard on all tanks

Don't go south on Westfield. Start recognizing the recurrent WOT phenomenon of pubbies sitting in the corner of maps regardless of how the game unfolds. 

121 is fast enough to have gone all the way back to cap and saved your arty and the match on Arctic Region. But then again you should have been dead to that triple GWE100 platoon the instant you were spotted so it's a miracle you got to go anywhere. 

4 hours ago, andepans said:

Don't go south on Westfield. Start recognizing the recurrent WOT phenomenon of pubbies sitting in the corner of maps regardless of how the game unfolds. 

121 is fast enough to have gone all the way back to cap and saved your arty and the match on Arctic Region. But then again you should have been dead to that triple GWE100 platoon the instant you were spotted so it's a miracle you got to go anywhere. 

thanks for the advice c: hopefully i wont make the same mistakes again and can pull out the win

I took a quick look at both your games. 

You looked very uncomfortable and ineffective in the 121, but know that it is a somewhat tricky tank to play.
You need to read yourself up quite a lot on that tank to get a feel for what it can do and what not.
Example:
You took up a mid-position below the eastern part of the city starting to semi-snipe the med-pack of enemy
other side of the valley on Westfield.
Snipe in a 121 is not a good idea.
You should know why.
Thus, you kept a tier X gun out for the entire start of that match.
The 121 excels as a brawler.
It has brutal alpha and great DPM, decent armor and so-so mobility.
The problem is its gun depression.
On Westfield it would probably have been better to pair up with one of your heavys on top.
If there was say a friendly somewhat skilled IS-7 driver up there
he would love to have you behind him covering his ass. Suddenly you have both brutal DPM
and great armor up close- a lethal combination.

On Arctic region as andepan mentioned, your driving through the whole match was horrid when
enemy had a 3-man 92-platoon. Why did you drive with a somewhat slow and cumbersome
medium in the open spotted for so long in the beginning there?
Enemy arty was extremely ineffective. They simply let you live.
If you had driven with a pink color you wouldt have survived the first 2 mins. 

You read  the match better in game 2 and decided to go back to defend cap after a friendly fail in the ditch.
But why stay in the open middle while doing it creating Zeven's famous concave around yourself
not to mention enemy arty still alive? 
You need to go back north along the rim of the map exploiting the little cover you got and
match it up with defence shots into your base. 121 has more than enough speed to do so.

If your buddy has a more straightforward tier X MT I'd recommend you to try that out first,
say a 140 or a t-62A. More pure med-tanks with more efficient jack-of-all-trade capabilities.
121 is for advanced/specialized play, and certainly not one of my favorites