Madxbrad13

Which USSR medium should I get?

I have been grinding to get a Russian medium but im not 100% sure which one to get 

I have tested all 3 on the test server but that isn't much of a basis to go on 

From what i played on the test server i like the 430 the best even if its aim time and dispersion is worse 

Which Russian medium would you guys recommend 

To put a short summary:

• 140: probably the most comfortable of the three. It offers extra degree of gun depression, best speed and really nice gun stats. However it has worse turret protection than 62a which can be abused by RNGeesus. Biggest weakness of it is actually module damage(frontal ammo rack and fuel tanks) and relatively slow traverse speed.
  • 62a: probably best described as positioning king. It offers best turret protection and best overall agility(but not the speed). It thrives in hands of good players since it benefits the most from good positioning. Two biggest weaknesses are a bit lower top speed and weaker hull protection.
  • 430: the brawler of the three. It offers best DPM and most "uniform armor"(has strongest hull but turret weakest turret, check 9.15 HD changes to see some buffs regarding this). It's also unusually small. Biggest weakness of course is derpy gun and turret armor doesn't help either.

So in the end, 140 and 62a are two different flavors of the basically same tank, while 430 is regarded as weakest of the bunch with weakest turret and relatively unreliable gun.

EDIT: forgot the mention it all scales with skill also, 62a is regarded as best in hands of unicums but average players tend to fail more in it.

Edited by no_name_cro

I prefer the obj 140 because I'm trash at the 62A (plus I got the 140 long before the 62A).

However, if you really like the 430 anyways, I would suggest going up that line so that you at least have the option to unlock the other two without having to grind up the original med line... even if that line is more fun to play.

Seriously the A-44 is cancer

10 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I prefer the obj 140 because I'm trash at the 62A (plus I got the 140 long before the 62A).

However, if you really like the 430 anyways, I would suggest going up that line so that you at least have the option to unlock the other two without having to grind up the original med line... even if that line is more fun to play.

Seriously the A-44 is cancer

I have the A-44 currently but i never decided to try it yet i think i might free XP it if i get the chance 

I love the A-43 though 

t62a is the most fun IMO. Abusing the turret in pub games can be VERY fun, if you take the right spot you're as good as unpennable for loads of T10 tanks, i've won 1 vs 2-4 fights that way, while i was a oneshot the whole time. obj140 is kinda the same but not even close in terms of a reliable turret.

14 minutes ago, Madxbrad13 said:

I have the A-44 currently but i never decided to try it yet i think i might free XP it if i get the chance 

I love the A-43 though 

A-44 is nothing like the A-43. The A-43 is an amazingly fun little monster. The A-44 is a trolly nightmare

34 minutes ago, Sprak said:

A-44 is nothing like the A-43. The A-43 is an amazingly fun little monster. The A-44 is a trolly nightmare

Agreed. The A43 is basically a Comradewell, the A-44 is a ZiS-6 mounted on a bonfire on tracks.

well, I've tried a few games of 430 w/ food on my friend's account recently, the gun isn't really that derpy. plus you can be really confident when fighting in a 1 on 1 against other mediums.

(but i still prefer the 140 lol

A 44 is a good platform for you to learn how to play Obj 430 V 2. It can actually sidescrape, very fast and solid camo, and the gun is a solid 107 mm...extremly derpy, but hey - it is all a matter of tactic. You support flanks, prey on fat dumb heavies with apcr, and sidescrape like a king when top tier.

NEVER expose front hull unless you are running almost full speed. If you absolutely need to, try to pick some speed before going around the corner. Enemies often miss lfp and hit ufp.

Better overangle and take a shot in your side, that to have your engine dead and a burning tank. same tactic is worth in next 2 tanks, that is why it is great at teaching you rear turret tank habits.

A 44 rams great. Seriously, russian magic armor let it take less dmg when you run into Panther than you inflict.

My tactic would be to find a low hp or light target and ram it...and shoot after at point blank.

Overall, obj 416 is best tier 8 med overall...in tier 9 best is T-54...A-43 is nice if you spam apcr, but 34-85 is even better due to having 3 perfect ammo choices and great alpha...

430 v2 i regret selling, but HD nefrbat was pretty severe in the turret department...now it is just a weaker T-54, previously it was like a rear turreted 62 A. A 43 is actually better in Stronks than Cromwell...since it has great dpm and soft stat on 57 mm, and you do not meet tier 8 heavies...O-Is are paper for apcr. I sold it because i wanted a t 6 tank that is good in randoms as well, and makes money, not lose it.

Russian line is the best Med line in wot, other nations have great tanks, but none so many...most have 1-2 good tanks in a meh or cancer line (B-C, E-50/M, Skodas, khm, khm)

My keepers are T-62 A> Obj 140(tank locking, have both), T-54, Obj 416, T-34-85, T-34, T-28. 

Source:played every russian med from techtree. Grinded the light line as well. 

P.S. OP has not stated the tier he wants. You all pretty much jumped to the tier X, which is the tier where Russian meds are the least OP. HEAT-54 or a 50% apcr/heat 34-85/416 are better beasts to farm pubbie tears than tier X...way to much alpha/arty party for my taste.

And my T-28 is a dedicated sealclubber and stat padder. With gold it farms pubbie tier 6 heavies like a charm if you play it right.

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/22605-guide-to-the-t-28-aka-the-barn/