HEI_BK201

Help me with T30...

Hey everyone and I hope you all doing good^^

So lets get to the story, so I have this Tank T30, a tank I always wanted to have in my garage, a tank I admired a lot and played a lot with it on Test servers and I really liked it, with booth guns, the 120mm and the 155mm.

So I bought it few days ago after 169 of amazing games in my T28 Prot. I started to play the T30, first battles were all defeats, I said ok, maybe tomorrow will be better, but nope, things went really really bad, I kept losing match after match, Even when I do so bloody good I always lose no matter how good I play the teams always fail ONLY when I play the T30! (After 66 battles, 38% WR)

So I want to ask you, how to play this thing? I have no idea.. Heavy play style doesn't fit it at all or I just suck at playing this tank?

And if possible can some people help me out to improve it's Win ratio? (No matter who I platoon with, I get the same result, which is basically defeats)

Any ideas?

-BK or Bob..

60 battles can still be considered small sample size, but my thought would be that you are being too aggressive. The T30 no longer has the HP pool of a heavy, despite what it used to be. Not to say it doesn't work, but maybe you should be more passive, as your armor isn't like the 28 proto's. your hull is butter for everything you see, while you have a hard turret. Whereas the T28's hull is strong, but your turret is a weakspot to anything with 200+mm of pen. Without replays this is as much as I could tell you. Including a session of replays, not just cherry picked ones should help the better players here see what you could improve.

Give me a few hours and I can post a T30 replay pack. I've played it ~50 games in the last week while trying to do T-55A TD-15. 3700 dpg, mid/high 60s winrate, solo. 

2 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Give me a few hours and I can post a T30 replay pack. I've played it ~50 games in the last week while trying to do T-55A TD-15. 3700 dpg, mid/high 60s winrate, solo. 

wtf?????????????????????

i need to watch a lot more of your replay packs

at this stage i'm relatively certian if you set up a patreon in exchange for playing certain tanks, you'd probably do well

And by hours, I mean minutes. 2 days of T30 play, unedited. There will no doubt be shitty games in there. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wxe771ker919hss/T30_pack.zip

4 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Can't wait to see it!

26 minutes ago, woe2you said:

o/ Bob! Not a TALLY ho any more?

Yeah, but I might get back to them, not sure yet^^

Bob is the name Jingles gave to me in his latest "The good, bad and ugly" series xD

I will be interested to see what observations and conclusions the OP (or anyone else who watches) can share in this thread. A note on credit use: I have plenty of credits and I'm trying to get a Obj 260, so I shoot more APCR than needed. I 3 marked the T30 and had a 70% winrate using a cola + 16-16-2 loadout and going credit neutral. This is me trying to get a 6k 3kills game, not "normal play"

Just now, CraBeatOff said:

I will be interested to see what observations and conclusions the OP (or anyone else who watches) can share in this thread. A note on credit use: I have plenty of credits and I'm trying to get a Obj 260, so I shoot more APCR than needed. I 3 marked the T30 and had a 70% winrate using a cola + 16-16-2 loadout and going credit neutral. This is me trying to get a 6k 3kills game, not "normal play"

I see, but even though, the play style you have with it might give me an idea on how to  play it, who knows, maybe your replays will do the trick.

This is how I T30

Cola and prem med and rep (for arty fag boiz) and all apcr (17 second reload doesn't give you much forgiveness if you miss/bounce a crucial shot).

Front line heavy boyo.  Walk up to super heavies better than you then smack them for 750+ then back down while they chase you in anger right into your allies in which they die and get even more angry to the point that they post topics on the official forums and reddit :)  

26 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

This is how I T30

Cola and prem med and rep (for arty fag boiz) and all apcr (17 second reload doesn't give you much forgiveness if you miss/bounce a crucial shot).

Front line heavy boyo.  Walk up to super heavies better than you then smack them for 750+ then back down while they chase you in anger right into your allies in which they die and get even more angry to the point that they post topics on the official forums and reddit :)  

Sounds like one of my tactics with the Tier 8 & 9 waffles when I had the watermelon gun equipped.  Except Im smaller and sneakier than a T30, and more fragile.

1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

This is how I T30

Pretty much same for me, although I use the ammo loadout Crab described earlier (16-16-2), I will default to using APCR unless i'm top tier and/or all the likely targets are fairly soft.  Even firing full APCR, you can be pretty credit-neutral if you don't derp shots.

Edit:  Also, because of the cruddy aim time and reload, this is a tank that likes BIA on the crew more than usual.

It's almost like you have a particular game in mind here, @Shifty_101st...

Call me crazy, but seriously I Literally can't win in the T30 no matter how good I play... and did I mention that I have the 120mm gun?

I totally forgot to mention that... :/

But it doesn't matter... I'm doing fine with it.. but the teams are not giving me any chance...

2 hours ago, HEI_BK201 said:

And if possible can some people help me out to improve it's Win ratio? (No matter who I platoon with, I get the same result, which is basically defeats)

Overlord_Prime 3 marked the T30 in the last month or so.  You can still find two of his sessions from March 2nd on his twitch channel but they will probably be gone soon.  You'll  get to see a unicum play the T30 with commentary.  Here's a link to one of his T30 sessions where he threatens to punch a baby in the face.  

You'll see the gun is very trollish even in his hands so just get used to it.

19 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

And by hours, I mean minutes. 2 days of T30 play, unedited. There will no doubt be shitty games in there. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wxe771ker919hss/T30_pack.zip

I have watched about 10 of them now. A lot of interesting start-off positions for those driving around with
slow cumbersome machines but with some gun depression. Example is Crab's initial pos at south spawn
on Shitlord map where he chooses a much more aggro pos than most plebs in TD's will dare but ends up
300 short of 6k dmg essentially playing the same pos the whole match.
Also an exemplary release of flank on north spawn Murovanka, this time with a friendly platooned in an E50.
An unicum overstretches when releasing his first clip in TVP and dies in first min. Result magic forrest flank
crumbles. Crab sees that other friendly flank has plenty of tanks but plays clumsy. Brings T30 over midlle
and smacks up enemy's back-up TD's. Result is match under control and plenty of time to go back and clean up 
the original dangerous attack in magic forrest. 
Crab shoots about 80-85% apcr within these first 10 games because of TD mission.
Lots of micropositioning to learn here bhoyz, watch his stuff before new patch messes things up again.
Tnx Crab!
+1
:poona:

7 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

I have watched about 10 of them now. A lot of interesting start-off positions for those driving around with
slow cumbersome machines but with some gun depression. Example is Crab's initial pos at south spawn
on Shitlord map where he chooses a much more aggro pos than most plebs in TD's will dare but ends up
300 short of 6k dmg essentially playing the same pos the whole match.
Also an exemplary release of flank on north spawn Murovanka, this time with a friendly platooned in an E50.
An unicum overstretches when releasing his first clip in TVP and dies in first min. Result magic forrest flank
crumbles. Crab sees that other friendly flank has plenty of tanks but plays clumsy. Brings T30 over midlle
and smacks up enemy's back-up TD's. Result is match under control and plenty of time to go back and clean up 
the original dangerous attack in magic forrest. 
Crab shoots about 80-85% apcr within these first 10 games because of TD mission.
Lots of micropositioning to learn here bhoyz, watch his stuff before new patch messes things up again.
Tnx Crab!
+1
:poona:

I'm just glad anyone is watching and analysing. I'm really bad at camping as I'm sure you've noticed. I just basically try not to be totally in front, but end up there any how. Glad you find my positions useful, and would be interested to see what else you pick out.

Well I started to get some wins out of it! the 155mm is bloody good! max damage so far 4.4k damage, but still improving, the 155mm gun is a game changer to be honest.

12 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I'm just glad anyone is watching and analysing. I'm really bad at camping as I'm sure you've noticed. I just basically try not to be totally in front, but end up there any how. Glad you find my positions useful, and would be interested to see what else you pick out.

You were pretty patient in that Tier 10 match on Ensk from the south spawn.  Both sides camped the city for l long time.  What was going through your head as your lights/mediums were fighting in the field?

Redshire: Would  you normally recommend the  9/0 line if you weren't looking for 6k damage and 3 kills?  Both battles were a meat grinder for both teams.  It looked like arty was the only winner.

That Overlord fight from the middle: When the T-62A looked like he was going to yolo over the berm at you near the end, you put your butt facing up the berm but didn't run away.  I think I know what you were doing tactically, but can you explain it?

Thanks for posting the replay pack.

I'd have to watch the Ensk replay again to give a definitive answer. Can't watch games on my phone though. Usually, if I'm just sitting it's because I've not yet gotten a good tank count, to where I feel either safe moving up, or I feel the need to try to flex.

Redshire with arty is just Redshire with arty. Sitting back is probably smarter. I generally take the T30 there though, good hull down and lots of big tanks to prey on. I try to sit 2nd row, but I really feel like I need better moves from the North.

As for the T62a thing, I do recall that, it was a weird situation. And I believe I even killed him. I'm not totally sure why I positioned like that, but I would do it again. I didn't run because I know if I go in the open he can just wreck me, circle me, etc. I wanted to fight him in close. Tucking in like that makes the T30 smaller sorta, and let's you get gun elevation from the hill. Plus it means if he blows by I can reclose the distance faster, to force awkward bounces. It just seems like the right thing to do. Oh, and if he just crests to proxy and didn't commit, I can drive away quicker to another part of the ridge.