Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zytyx

Overwatch

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Gandaran said:

PNADO6.gif

Only those with the greatest of intellects play reaper.

 

I've got a love-hate relationship with Bastion. Love when I am playing him but hate him with a passion when on the other team :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UTommieTanka said:

I've got a love-hate relationship with Bastion. Love when I am playing him but hate him with a passion when on the other team :P

I don't mind facing him, I get so much hate in chat when me and a friend set up double bastion defenses though. it's so funny because they cant flank you.

 

We even did a 4 man with 2 bastions 2 torbs. OH THE SALT <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

 

Right now, what else is the team looking at? We've heard mention of balance changes for heroes like McCree and D. Va. Can you give us any specifics there?

Jeff Kaplan: Yeah, the McCree nerf - I hate using that word, but I just said it - the McCree balance changes will be coming sooner than the D. Va buff.

McCree is pretty straightforward. What we're looking at right now is his fan the hammer damage. We're going to reduce it. The goal there is to make it so that McCree can still use his combo that we love, which is the flashbang and fan the hammer on somebody like Tracer. McCree should absolutely kill that Tracer. We want McCree to be a counter to people like Tracer, Genji and Reaper. What we're not crazy about, right now, is the way in which McCree can absolutely shred tanks. It's a little too easy, so we want to bring the fan the hammer damage down, so he's still killing the squishies and the medium strength heroes, but he's less effective against the tanks. If he times everything perfectly and gets every single shot off, he's got a shot against a tank, but it's not the instant 'I win' button that it is right now.

So that's what's coming for McCree. We've been testing it for a while and it feels good. You still want him on your team.

With D. Va, we're still in exploration mode. There's a couple of directions we could take her and it's still unclear which direction we'll go. Obviously her damage has come into question from a lot of people. You have to be really close to do effective damage with D. Va and we might look at that. We might also look at her survivability. A lot of time, D. Va can get herself into situations where she's a tank and it feels like she should be there, but then she gets knocked out of that mech so quickly. We probably won't do a bunch of buffs to her damage and her survivability; we'll probably pick one direction or the other, but right now, we've been exploring both.

We've tried high-damage D. Va with lower survivability. She's almost more of a skirmisher. We've tried other directions, like not buffing her damage, but buffing her survivability. I think the D. Va buffs will take a little bit longer for us to get to, but the McCree balance changes should come sooner. D. Va's not in a horrible place, we just feel like she could be in a slightly better place, whereas McCree is causing a lot of concern in the community and we want to make sure they know we're responsive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

 

Right now, what else is the team looking at? We've heard mention of balance changes for heroes like McCree and D. Va. Can you give us any specifics there?

Jeff Kaplan: Yeah, the McCree nerf - I hate using that word, but I just said it - the McCree balance changes will be coming sooner than the D. Va buff.

McCree is pretty straightforward. What we're looking at right now is his fan the hammer damage. We're going to reduce it. The goal there is to make it so that McCree can still use his combo that we love, which is the flashbang and fan the hammer on somebody like Tracer. McCree should absolutely kill that Tracer. We want McCree to be a counter to people like Tracer, Genji and Reaper. What we're not crazy about, right now, is the way in which McCree can absolutely shred tanks. It's a little too easy, so we want to bring the fan the hammer damage down, so he's still killing the squishies and the medium strength heroes, but he's less effective against the tanks. If he times everything perfectly and gets every single shot off, he's got a shot against a tank, but it's not the instant 'I win' button that it is right now.

So that's what's coming for McCree. We've been testing it for a while and it feels good. You still want him on your team.

With D. Va, we're still in exploration mode. There's a couple of directions we could take her and it's still unclear which direction we'll go. Obviously her damage has come into question from a lot of people. You have to be really close to do effective damage with D. Va and we might look at that. We might also look at her survivability. A lot of time, D. Va can get herself into situations where she's a tank and it feels like she should be there, but then she gets knocked out of that mech so quickly. We probably won't do a bunch of buffs to her damage and her survivability; we'll probably pick one direction or the other, but right now, we've been exploring both.

We've tried high-damage D. Va with lower survivability. She's almost more of a skirmisher. We've tried other directions, like not buffing her damage, but buffing her survivability. I think the D. Va buffs will take a little bit longer for us to get to, but the McCree balance changes should come sooner. D. Va's not in a horrible place, we just feel like she could be in a slightly better place, whereas McCree is causing a lot of concern in the community and we want to make sure they know we're responsive.

Thank christ. McCree is very powerful right now thanks to his fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hallo1994 said:

What's your sensitivity on this game everyone?

Still experimenting but I've set it to 20 atm. I could really use a different sniper sensitivity setting, though, I didn't see one when I looked at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a bit salty when McCrees tunnelvision on me.

Last night I had one use his ult on ONLY me three times in a match, when his team was in situations where using it on more than one person could have been a huge benefit. Oh we're getting capped? Shit, better Q this guy that's over to the side not posing an immediate threat to the objective of the match :doge:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is super fun but I don't think it would be too much of a problem for Blizzard to hire a proper map designer. You shouldn't have maps where you must proceed through a tiny choke point, that's Shooter Design 101. Especially when some of the defense heroes can turret spam, turn into turrets and so on. This is compounded by the fact that while you cannot enter a starting "base", you sure as shit can shoot into one :doge: 

I've played maps where the enemy team didn't even leave their spawn building, typically on Route 66 and the Egyptian one. 10/10 design, working as intended :serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zinn said:

The game is super fun but I don't think it would be too much of a problem for Blizzard to hire a proper map designer. You shouldn't have maps where you must proceed through a tiny choke point, that's Shooter Design 101. Especially when some of the defense heroes can turret spam, turn into turrets and so on. This is compounded by the fact that while you cannot enter a starting "base", you sure as shit can shoot into one :doge: 

I've played maps where the enemy team didn't even leave their spawn building, typically on Route 66 and the Egyptian one. 10/10 design, working as intended :serb:

But there are a ton of flanking opportunities. tbh if you get stuck in spawn you're just bad... I mean, just switch to a hero that doesn't care about walls and instantly open new routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

But there are a ton of flanking opportunities. tbh if you get stuck in spawn you're just bad... I mean, just switch to a hero that doesn't care about walls and instantly open new routes.

You can't fly out of spawn and on those two maps you can shoot right into the middle of them. The rat guy can lob grenades off the walls into areas others can't shoot, so you can literally spawn on top of his grenade spam. It's bad design and it needs to be fought, Blizzard is not excepted from this. Also, do you defend WoT map design with "Just play E-100 or arty"? :doge: 

Bad is bad and good is good: The game is great overall but that just highlights the problem further down the road. Imagine how hard those spawn camps will be in 3 months when the playerbase has a higher skill floor. Just spawn in Bastions and turret builders for instagibs everywhere :serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zinn said:

You can't fly out of spawn and on those two maps you can shoot right into the middle of them. The rat guy can lob grenades off the walls into areas others can't shoot, so you can literally spawn on top of his grenade spam. It's bad design and it needs to be fought, Blizzard is not excepted from this. Also, do you defend WoT map design with "Just play E-100 or arty"? :doge: 

Bad is bad and good is good: The game is great overall but that just highlights the problem further down the road. Imagine how hard those spawn camps will be in 3 months when the playerbase has a higher skill floor. Just spawn in Bastions and turret builders for instagibs everywhere :serb:

and then have genji or d.va counter your setup? There are 3 ways out of both of those spawns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gandaran said:

and then have genji or d.va counter your setup? There are 3 ways out of both of those spawns.  

They die incredibly easily to camps. Please don't confuse "spawn campers" with "bad at shooting". A spawn camp is not placed literally on the forbidden sign on the entrance, it is placed just far enough away that you must go into the corridor of doom to see it. Route 66 has full cover for the entire "defending" team to camp behind, so if a couple of heroes do break free, you jump down and ambush them, EZ PZ.

The Egypt one isn't quite as bad but you can still mount some turrets in some super troll positions and easily grind the enemy advance to a halt near the first point. It's almost offensive if the attacking team manages to take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zinn said:

They die incredibly easily to camps. Please don't confuse "spawn campers" with "bad at shooting". A spawn camp is not placed literally on the forbidden sign on the entrance, it is placed just far enough away that you must go into the corridor of doom to see it. Route 66 has full cover for the entire "defending" team to camp behind, so if a couple of heroes do break free, you jump down and ambush them, EZ PZ.

The Egypt one isn't quite as bad but you can still mount some turrets in some super troll positions and easily grind the enemy advance to a halt near the first point. It's almost offensive if the attacking team manages to take it.

Temple of Anubis is very defensive sided but its still entirely possible to open flanks with coordination. Anubis spawn never moves out of the B point so heros like bastion take a long time to get back into the fight.

Defenders spawns generally suck when they die unless you have a symettra who knows how to keep her portal active. The ONLY unbeatable defense is Hollywood if you have a 6 stack and do a torb camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:08 PM, Zinn said:

Still experimenting but I've set it to 20 atm. I could really use a different sniper sensitivity setting, though, I didn't see one when I looked at first.

you have to set your scoped sensitivity separately there's a drop down menu where it says heroes where you can pick widowmaker and set sniper sens.

 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:32 AM, bjshnog said:

Ay guys, add me. bjshnog#6170

only if you don't play tracer/widow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...