Sign in to follow this  
Zytyx

Overwatch

5 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

only if you don't play tracer/widow.

I'm shit at both, because I can't aim. I've been playing Roadhog, Junkrat, Lucio (who is probably my favourite so far), Hanzo and Pharah for the most part. Although I can't play my main, Roadhog, with high ping, because the hook doesn't put my target right in front of me.

1 minute ago, bjshnog said:

I'm shit at both, because I can't aim. I've been playing Roadhog, Junkrat, Lucio (who is probably my favourite so far), Hanzo and Pharah for the most part. Although I can't play my main, Roadhog, with high ping, because the hook doesn't put my target right in front of me.

I <3 you. We all know Junkrat is the best character in this game.

Just now, Gandaran said:

I <3 you. We all know Junkrat is the best character in this game.

I had the best Junkrat moment today. I fired a few grenades around, dropped a mine at the foot of a Reinhardt with a posse (2 team mates) and detonated it after he walked over it. Sent them all flying, they landed right on my grenades and died, aside from the Reinhardt, who chased me down and murdered me. He apparently forgot about Junkrat's passive, because he died a moment later to my bombs.

2 minutes ago, bjshnog said:

I had the best Junkrat moment today. I fired a few grenades around, dropped a mine at the foot of a Reinhardt with a posse (2 team mates) and detonated it after he walked over it. Sent them all flying, they landed right on my grenades and died, aside from the Reinhardt, who chased me down and murdered me. He apparently forgot about Junkrat's passive, because he died a moment later to my bombs.

even I forget junkrat has his passive sometimes :/ Very annoying if you're not able to get out in time.

4 hours ago, bjshnog said:

How high of a ping you get and how it affects your gameplay?

3 hours ago, Shackram said:

How high of a ping you get and how it affects your gameplay?

I get 30ms in most matches (which is perfectly fine), but occasionally I get matched into games with ~180ms. In the 180ms games, when I'm moving and I use the Chain Hook, it seems to put my target in front of where I was 180ms ago, which makes the hook combo significantly more difficult to pull off (making Roadhog much less powerful).

44 minutes ago, bjshnog said:

I get 30ms in most matches (which is perfectly fine), but occasionally I get matched into games with ~180ms. In the 180ms games, when I'm moving and I use the Chain Hook, it seems to put my target in front of where I was 180ms ago, which makes the hook combo significantly more difficult to pull off (making Roadhog much less powerful).

What about other heroes? and hit detection in general

22 minutes ago, Shackram said:

What about other heroes? and hit detection in general

It's usually fine. Even with higher ping, few packets get dropped, so it still runs smoothly on my end. The hit detection is client-side, so I don't have to lead for ping.

1 minute ago, bjshnog said:

The hit detection is client-side, so I don't have to lead for ping.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the big one i was looking for, all i found from googling was hints that it was server side.

1 minute ago, Shackram said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the big one i was looking for, all i found from googling was hints that it was server side.

its 20 tick so ping doesn't hurt to much. What is REALLY annoying is when a roadhog hooks you through a wall though -___-

I refuse to play supports now. Noone saves you, no one helps you, you heal 50% of damage your team takes and still lose because you also have silver damage as a fucking mercy somehow because your team is that fucking subhuman sniper shits who cant hit a stationary fucking Winston.. nope. Not doing this anymore.