Jump to content
Zytyx

Overwatch

Recommended Posts

I think I carried a bit to hard in comp. (93% kill participation as soldier rip)

0ouBKh0.jpg

 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:25 PM, Trobs said:

She's one of my favorites. You can push amazingly well with her.

Zarya is easily the highest skill ceiling tank in the game (if not highest hero). its one of the reasons she's my go to hero, if you can average >50 energy and not die you'll just decimate teams, also her ult charges surprisingly fast considering the impact you can have with it.

 

edit: my comp teammates are worse then my tank teammates, multi-round game, I play 2 as mercy, I play last round as soldier, I got a card for 31% of our teams damage. Are you serious, the guys that only play genji/widow couldn't even do damage when they play them all 3 fucking rounds?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2016 at 9:51 PM, Gandaran said:

Zarya is easily the highest skill ceiling tank in the game (if not highest hero). its one of the reasons she's my go to hero, if you can average >50 energy and not die you'll just decimate teams, also her ult charges surprisingly fast considering the impact you can have with it

 

I'm averaging 33% in comp so far. Could be better but I have a lot of teams who was shields by running away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trobs said:

I'm averaging 33% in comp so far. Could be better but I have a lot of teams who was shields by running away.

in comp you might want to only pick her with very aggressive teamcomps.

A good example of bad offensive heroes for zarya is something like Soldier+Widowmaker. Both are ranged heroes that most players will just take cover from. On the other hand a good Reaper is one of the strongest combinations with Zarya. You shield him as he goes in and the opponent has 2 choices, either shoot a shielded reaper and hope to burst him down or die to his shotgun damage output at close range.

Just keep in mind that you want to force opponents to shoot your shields, Teamcomps that have characters that enemies are forced to shoot are your friend.

She's also pretty terrible on defense imo. Not having the staying power of Roadhog or the disruption abilities of Winston/Dva.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gandaran said:

in comp you might want to only pick her with very aggressive teamcomps.

A good example of bad offensive heroes for zarya is something like Soldier+Widowmaker. Both are ranged heroes that most players will just take cover from. On the other hand a good Reaper is one of the strongest combinations with Zarya. You shield him as he goes in and the opponent has 2 choices, either shoot a shielded reaper and hope to burst him down or die to his shotgun damage output at close range.

Just keep in mind that you want to force opponents to shoot your shields, Teamcomps that have characters that enemies are forced to shoot are your friend.

She's also pretty terrible on defense imo. Not having the staying power of Roadhog or the disruption abilities of Winston/Dva.

 

I only run her on offense. Roadhog is my go to for defensive tank play. Biggest issue I think is simply people don't realize they have a shield on so they bail into cover.

Couple of my friends and I have been playing together. Reinhardt + Zarya is a lot of fun. Rein charge +  Zarya shield is instant 50 free energy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Trobs said:

I only run her on offense. Roadhog is my go to for defensive tank play. Biggest issue I think is simply people don't realize they have a shield on so they bail into cover.

Couple of my friends and I have been playing together. Reinhardt + Zarya is a lot of fun. Rein charge +  Zarya shield is instant 50 free energy.

That's why she's really good with committal heroes (reaper most of the time, Pharah in air, Genji when he dives a support with his dash). Or saving something from a roadhog (theres a half second between someone getting hooked and being pulled to the roadhog that you can get the shield on them for free 50 energy and saving a teammate).

The fact her shields are separate healthpools are kinda broken though, Eat a Junkrat ult? no problem. DVA nerfing this? Hi energy. Tracer stuck you? Nope.

 

Also Road to 100% kill participation as soldier?

Xch4W7I.jpg

 

Rank 60 now.  Soldier is to strong to not bring at least one in every comp matchup. Especially now that Pharah has become meta.

Things I've noticed: Double support is basically a requirement on KOTH matchups. You can drop Lucio on Payload defense but it never hurts to bring him anyway. On offense his speedboost is just so strong to force engagements. A decent defense setup in pubs is unbreakable, People just don't have the coordination to get through it, and even if they get lucky there are 3 defense setups per map and you'll never have enough time to break all 3 unless defense makes a mistake.

The most important thing before an engagement is figuring out where the enemy mercy is, and killing it before it can res people. Games are beginning to turn into "which teams mercy is better" the ones that can keep themselves alive through positioning can almost carry games through their ultimate due to how fast you can get it, and how hard it is to kill the entire enemy team twice after you use ults.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

#justhanzoarrows

 

Edit: so King of the hill games devolve into the losing teams going 5 tracers 1 lucio and stacking overtime. Just had a 10 minute overtime (yes, 10 minutes of overtime)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gandaran said:

Edit: so King of the hill games devolve into the losing teams going 5 tracers 1 lucio and stacking overtime. Just had a 10 minute overtime (yes, 10 minutes of overtime)

 

Gotta play that meta bro! We had a game like that where they spammed D.Va on Hanamaru Castle. Took fucking FOREVER to kill them off. Went through 2 Reaper ults before we won

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trobs said:

Gotta play that meta bro! We had a game like that where they spammed D.Va on Hanamaru Castle. Took fucking FOREVER to kill them off. Went through 2 Reaper ults before we won

Why reaper?


The problem right now imo is the lack of viable support characters. Lucio/Mercy are musts. Zenyatta is essentially useless and Symettra is only used for her teleporter and then instantly switched out after its not needed (usually to lucio)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gandaran said:

Why reaper?


The problem right now imo is the lack of viable support characters. Lucio/Mercy are musts. Zenyatta is essentially useless and Symettra is only used for her teleporter and then instantly switched out after its not needed (usually to lucio)

Prior to the D.VA spam it was Zarya, Windston, Tracer, and Mercy (don't remember the other 2). Reaper is pretty damn good at shredding those guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trobs said:

Prior to the D.VA spam it was Zarya, Windston, Tracer, and Mercy (don't remember the other 2). Reaper is pretty damn good at shredding those guys.

yea reaper is good anti tank, just against D.VA stalling he's useless because defense matrix. They didn't stall correctly if you won though xD.

 

Hero stacking was such a problem ESL actually changed their rules mid tourney today to no longer allow it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:50 AM, Trobs said:

Ana's kit looks vicious. I look foward to her breaking the meta completely.

Also, D.VA buffs!

She's pretty bad outside her ult right now (her ult is this crap that empowers a teammate, its so stupid). Mercy buffs are scary(50% damage boost), pharah rockets are going to do 180 now. Looking forward to Zenyatta being 200 hp and his orbs having faster shell(Orb?) speed.

 

I'm also pretty sure I broke the game.  My road to rank 65 finished last night. Time to push 70?

iSTrbFX.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get more time in game. Been wasting too much time in Evolve. I did pull up 2 more ranks by getting better at Tracer.

I need to get more time in game. Been wasting too much time in Evolve. I did pull up 2 more ranks by getting better at Tracer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I only play her on KOTH maps, and then not a whole lot. There are better options but she's great against a few setups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...