Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zytyx

Overwatch

Recommended Posts

So, uh, how do you position in this game? I just installed it and so far I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time, which with such tiny health pools of course means I'm dead in under two seconds. I've tried to be behind other players or objects but with everyone moving around so much there's usually not a "behind." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, I just try to stay near the team and shoot the bad guys :P I like to watch Youtube players who know what they are doing, and try and figure out why they're doing what they're doing to be so good. There's one guy I like, "Unit Lost...something" <- I forget the whole name, but he has some helpful tutorials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tarski said:

So, uh, how do you position in this game? I just installed it and so far I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time, which with such tiny health pools of course means I'm dead in under two seconds. I've tried to be behind other players or objects but with everyone moving around so much there's usually not a "behind." 

depends. what type of character you playing?


Most characters should just stay near teammates. As there is safety in numbers. Especially if you have a lucio because the AoE healing. There are some notable exceptions, Soldier has some decent sustain with his bio field, genji is made to jump in and out of flanks, pharah NEEDs to be in the air 24/7.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gandaran said:

depends. what type of character you playing?

My favorite so far is Pharah, probably because I liked the old Tribes a lot. I'm doing a little better with her now that I'm not in a group with high level players, but I still have a hard time making basic positioning choices with her. On maps with lots of flat surfaces, I can use those to keep hidden between flights. But on most maps, where I have to land on or near ground level, I don't really know where to point her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tarski said:

My favorite so far is Pharah, probably because I liked the old Tribes a lot. I'm doing a little better with her now that I'm not in a group with high level players, but I still have a hard time making basic positioning choices with her. On maps with lots of flat surfaces, I can use those to keep hidden between flights. But on most maps, where I have to land on or near ground level, I don't really know where to point her. 

I have a pharah video in this thread I think. Currently pharah is gonna get stomped on by Mcree+zenyatta though.

 

Nepal KoTH positioning as soldier, a bit old but I haven't gotten a chance to play a real comp match in a month and I don't pay to much attention to proper play in quickplay.

 

^ pharah video there. It's all about making awkward angles for the opponent to deal with *WHILE* they are fighting your team. if you go alone you're just gonna die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All three of my sons loved playing TF2 when I got it as part of the "Orange Box" compilation many years ago.  My youngest is 14 and he is pretty damn good at Overwatch.  I watched him play Roadhog and basically manhandle the other team, he had something like an 88% hook ratio.  The only character I have seen him struggle with is Winston, though I think the team composition might have been part of it.

I couldn't see myself playing this game however, it is too frantic and chaotic for my old man reflexes. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

All three of my sons loved playing TF2 when I got it as part of the "Orange Box" compilation many years ago.  My youngest is 14 and he is pretty damn good at Overwatch.  I watched him play Roadhog and basically manhandle the other team, he had something like an 88% hook ratio.  The only character I have seen him struggle with is Winston, though I think the team composition might have been part of it.

I couldn't see myself playing this game however, it is too frantic and chaotic for my old man reflexes. :)

I play it very frantically, since I'm always searching to do damage, even if its only like 1-2 shots and backup. For the most part its not THAT chaotic, its just setups and positioning and then 20 seconds of chaos as the brawl gets decided.

 

Surprising that roadhog was easier then Winston, all Winston has to do is jump on a squishy to be effective. Unless they have 1-2 reapers he's pretty much easy mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Searching...
Searching...
Loading...
Loading...
Skirmishing while looking for a match...
Match found!
Loading...
Not enough players!
Searching...
Loading...
Skirmishing while looking for a match...
Match found! 
Loading...
Defeat!
PLAY of the GAME!
Reinstancing...
Searching...


Fun game, but the matchmaker is prone to fits of hilarious trolling. 

And heaven forfend you try to play the brawl game mode, where players leave and enter so fast that every match is a 3v3 until it terminates due to having too few players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...