Patient0

Short and Sweet Pro Tips

Make the minimap big. Press '+' at least 3 times - you should never have to really focus on it or squint to see the layout of each team.

Reloading? Check the minimap. Relocating? Check the minimap. Not firing? Check the minimap.

When checking the minimap, it's often more important to look at which direction your frontline tanks are heading so you can use their spots, than it is to check where the spotted enemies are at that moment. A great example is Ruinberg from the South spawn - if you have a scout or med driving to the middle road in the village, get your ass to the middle road in the city to get those early snipes in. If your heavies start pushing across and in to their heavies, start flanking.

pro tip: Learn how to fucking solo, I got to purple in ~11,000 battles by learning from other players, at the price of not learning to play like a selfish bastard. Trying to learn how to play solo has been painfully to put it mildly.  

5 hours ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

Imo its better cuz it sucks when youre close to enemy and zoom too much. You lose all perspectice in that moment which sucks

In Aslain's modpack, there is a default zoom setting in sniper mode. You can set it at x1 or x1.6 so it's always zoomed out when sniper mode is toggled.

Pro tip: You can hold down left click and continuously fire... only took 12k battles to figure this out

10 hours ago, Gandaran said:

Counter pen rng with apcr/heat. always have a good amount for carry situations or when you just want to make people salty.

when in platoon bring one part Gandaran or Eural into battle to insure you never get targeted by arty or hell camping TDs. 

19 minutes ago, Tedafile said:

In Aslain's modpack, there is a default zoom setting in sniper mode. You can set it at x1 or x1.6 so it's always zoomed out when sniper mode is toggled.

Pro tip: You can hold down left click and continuously fire... only took 12k battles to figure this out

Holding left click to fire immediately after you reload wasn't in the game since the beginning. Even more so, it was implemented way too late, but there were mods for that before WG implemented it into vanilla.

If an opponent is coming around a corner to you, go diagonal to the corner (i.e make a |\). He wont be able to shoot your hull until after you can shoot him, and your hull will already be angled when he pulls around.

Water quality obliterates FPS regardless of whether water is on screen, it's one of the most framerate hungry options in the game.

Avoid knocking things over, even when there's no way anyone could see. There's probably someone using the banned mod every couple pub matches & in every competitive match you play.

In close combat, aim low on UFPs & high on LFPs. This negates some of the slope on the armor. Obviously not relevant against unsloped armor.

All of the egg shaped tanks (E5, E4, 103, etc), the Type 4, and the Type 5 all have incredibly thick front drive wheels, abusably so in the Japanese tanks' case. Avoid shooting them if you cant afford a bounce.

Damaged optics don't have a malus, don't use a repair kit on them.

NA players can send in a ticket to buy back any tank they've ever sold (even that random T10 you ragesold 2 years ago).

Overmatch demands you have greater than 3x the thickness in caliber, not greater than or equal to. Don't try to overmatch 30mm of armor with a 90mm gun.

Fuck your clan leader if you need free gold.

If you decide to tk your arty, don't forget to say something inflammatory like 'Islam is the Light' or 'Hillary 2016'.

1 minute ago, Rexxie said:

NA players can send in a ticket to buy back any tank they've ever sold (even that random T10 you ragesold 2 years ago).

Wait what? I thought you could only recover vehicles sold in the past year.

Nope, any tank ever as long as you've played a battle in it. There used to be a system in which you could get back one tank you've sold in the last year, now you can get back basically infinite tanks you've owned in the past forever.

3 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Nope, any tank ever as long as you've played a battle in it. There used to be a system in which you could get back one tank you've sold in the last year, now you can get back basically infinite tanks you've owned in the past forever.

Oh, wow, I have some thinking to do! 83

13 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Is that for the sell price? Because buying back for regular price doesn't seem much of an advantage.

To contribute: try out premium tanks in the test server before spending money or gold on them, likewise for tier 10s before grinding them

If the enemy has an overmatch sir robin the hell out of there to a safe place where you can punish the enemy for pushing. All it takes is one enemy pubbie to yolo and that flank is probably ripperino

A friendly reminder of the most common overmatch zones :

I'm assuming everyone knows you can overmatch the roof of T29 / T34 / Tiger II with a 122mm gun. Remember it won't work on T30 and E75 even though they look the same.

IS-6 roof is overmatched by 90mm's. Useful if you drive tall stuff like KV-5 or Jap heavies that will have easy access to it.

Also, Tortoise roof is overmatched by 75mm guns (lol).

22 minutes ago, Kristoffon said:

Is that for the sell price? Because buying back for regular price doesn't seem much of an advantage.

To contribute: try out premium tanks in the test server before spending money or gold on them, likewise for tier 10s before grinding them

Test server doesn't reflect the live gameplay..

Test them in a training room with a friend to see how they actually perform.

2 hours ago, the_bolshevik said:

Remember it won't work on T30

T30 got rekt when they turned it HD AFAIK.

To contribute: Try to avoid hitting your teammates as much as possible despite frustration. To avoid frustration I recommend disabling chat and XVM.

5 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

T30 got rekt when they turned it HD AFAIK.

Oh really? Damn, my game knowledge is getting outdated. All this time I was still risking my life to get their hull.

That's probably quite a few 750 blaps I could have avoided. :rabble:

4 minutes ago, the_bolshevik said:

Oh really? Damn, my game knowledge is getting outdated. All this time I was still risking my life to get their hull.

That's probably quite a few 750 blaps I could have avoided. :rabble:

Yep. Probably few of T30 player know this too.

Pro tip 3 for me:

Learn to fire on the move, WITHOUT AUTO AIM.  AKA------->You actually zoom in and fire while moving while aiming at another moving/stationary target.  Wonder how unicums keep tracking you in the open on the move, yeah that's how.