Jump to content
Sexy_Dave

That Reroll Life...or how do I T8 with no skill crews?

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking of starting a new account- not for stats improvement ( going from green to light blue seems kinda pointless) but so a friend can start playing with the semi decent crews I have on this one. (Plus she'll get to start all those early tanks with all the upgrades and gear) but a few things I'm curious about

1) Does anyone know any way to keep your old stats when you start a new account? I thought that maybe keeping my account username would keep XVM tracking me, but apparently it tracks accounts, not the name. Not a big deal, but if anyone knows of a way, wouldn't mind.

2) How do some of you guys play "new" tanks without skilled crews? I know some of you start new crews when you unlock a new tank, so you've got to be playing T8-10 tanks without sixth sense, repairs, snap shot etc, any tricks to this or are you all just that good that you don't really need the extra ability? Again not a huge deal, but if I do this I may pick up a couple tanks (JG88,Patton KR if they go back on sale) and the crews won't be skilled. I'd pick up the Berlin packs to get those free BIA crews, but I'm tentatively planning on sticking to American and German lines to start.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you willing to drop some cash on the new account?

Edit: Errr better rephrase that, sounds like I'm trying to sell you one... Are you willing to spend some money on premium tanks and premium time for your new account? You can buy 100% crews too, and switch them between compatible tanks to rack up x2s/x5s etc. Strongholds are also something you could do, you'd need people to play with though. But other than that, getting the first skill on a crew doesn't take much effort, it get easier and easier as you go.

Edited by PityFool
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy the Berlin Quartet in a few days and you will have 4 good premiums and fast training crews for your anchor tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing with 75% crew isn't that bad. The only problem is a lack of sixth sense and repair/camo. Grinded E-75 and E-100 like that because I'm a stingy tard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mamas_Calvin said:

Buy the Berlin Quartet in a few days and you will have 4 good premiums and fast training crews for your anchor tanks.

Basically this. And use the Quartet (and a light, ELC would fit, even with just 100% crew) to complete the 1st set of IMs for girl-crew for your USA/German med of choice. 

Also find someone willing to platoon with you and become her/his recruit. These x3, x2, x1.5 exp multipliers are completely worth it, nevermind the benefits for a recruiter (1 000 000 creds, a crew with 2 skills, and finally the T95E2).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. I don't think you can keep your stats. They stay with the account you're giving to your friend.
  2. If you want to minimize gold spending and start crews at 75% you will need some patience, but it's possible and not that bad. I did it recently in T-34-3, and it was around ~150 battles from 75% to 6th sense. So with the 5 minute per battle assumption, it's a 12.5 hour grind. Certainly shorter if you play gud and use boosters, I was playing very potato for most of that.
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my Recruit after 183 game of solo play.  We plan to activate the 3x playing with the Main account for the T32.  

$0 invested and I didn't even use the RDDT code (because I'm an idiot).

NATonker_zpsjm6pou55.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my scrub opinion but if you are going to go with US tanks then just buy a Super Pershing, pay for a 100% crew on another Murican Med and then merrily bounce shots all the way to your first skill.  Lack of Sixth sense doesn't seem to hurt the SP too much because you are always going to be on the front lines and you know you are going to get spotted early.

Once your crew has their first skill you can retrain them as new commanders with sixth for whatever lines you are grinding.

I did this with the SP and the IS-6 / KV5.  The IS-6 crew got to almost three skills then got retrained straight into the T-44 and now i'm grinding another heavy crew for the IS-3 there.

 

Costs gold but i'm a time limited wallet warrior with no patience to grind shitty crews through painful tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sexy_Dave said:

I'm thinking of starting a new account- not for stats improvement ( going from green to light blue seems kinda pointless) but so a friend can start playing with the semi decent crews I have on this one. (Plus she'll get to start all those early tanks with all the upgrades and gear) but a few things I'm curious about

1) Does anyone know any way to keep your old stats when you start a new account? I thought that maybe keeping my account username would keep XVM tracking me, but apparently it tracks accounts, not the name. Not a big deal, but if anyone knows of a way, wouldn't mind.

2) How do some of you guys play "new" tanks without skilled crews? I know some of you start new crews when you unlock a new tank, so you've got to be playing T8-10 tanks without sixth sense, repairs, snap shot etc, any tricks to this or are you all just that good that you don't really need the extra ability? Again not a huge deal, but if I do this I may pick up a couple tanks (JG88,Patton KR if they go back on sale) and the crews won't be skilled. I'd pick up the Berlin packs to get those free BIA crews, but I'm tentatively planning on sticking to American and German lines to start.

 

1) No. XVM doesn't track by name (that would be ridiculous).

2) As a recent garbage reroll, I can tell you that crew skills are probably 5% or less of overall performance. Positioning, map awareness, and knowing how to play your tanks is what really counts.

Edit: I should caveat #2 by saying that if you play with under 100% crews you actually are fucked.

Edited by TheLovePanda
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all!

Yeah all the crews will be 100%, don't care about spending the gold, just remember trying to drive the Type 64 without sixth sense, it went poorly,

Didn't (and really still don't, I'll look it up) know anything about the "recruit" program, thanks for mentioning it.

Might pick up the Berlin tanks, still have no idea why WG doesn't do free BIA crews for the German And American lines

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sexy_Dave said:

Thanks all!

Yeah all the crews will be 100%, don't care about spending the gold, just remember trying to drive the Type 64 without sixth sense, it went poorly,

Didn't (and really still don't, I'll look it up) know anything about the "recruit" program, thanks for mentioning it.

Might pick up the Berlin tanks, still have no idea why WG doesn't do free BIA crews for the German And American lines

And don't forget to find some World of Warships invites, usually it's a low-tier prem ship and a few days of prem, and prem works in WoT too :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and when you finish tutorial you'll get 3 days of premium. But you don't have to use it immediately, I haven't cashed in mine yet and I've unlocked 2 tier 9s. :doge: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Oh and when you finish tutorial you'll get 3 days of premium. But you don't have to use it immediately, I haven't cashed in mine yet and I've unlocked 2 tier 9s. :doge: 

Amen!

...and there is another newcomer mission where you get 300 gold for completing it -- I just started another account for my 'son' and have the account up to 900 gold (500 WOTREDDIT code, + 300 from the mission + WOWP tutorial gold)

Don't forget the WoWP tutorial missions for easy gold!

..and log into WOWS before 11 May to score 3 days free premium!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started an account for my daughter a long time ago (over 2 years).  She was excited to play at first, so we stomped faces in the T18s.  She got bored and only plays once in a while now.  But in the mean time I have been logging onto her account for the Free Tonks and I logged every day for that month to get the 100Y.

She is 8 now and these stats are 100% her.  I only even touched the keyboard once to get her unstuck from a rock.  I have kept her at Tier 3 until I can see her improve enough to move higher.  She started playing Minecraft and some new Block Game, I'm hoping that helps with the keyboard skills.

Now try to comprehend how someone could have less than 130 WN8

Spoiler

shot_054_zpszg8uskzm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

Also I think you still get 300 gold for changing your password the first time.

I tried it with my new account and it didn't work, so maybe will have to try again?

21 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

hmm... I might have to download wows this weekend.  Three days of premium would really help me grind through the AT7.

Yah, it's a big download, but maybe worth it -- leave the PC on overnight!

Then, if you score any bonus codes for WoWS, you can use any doubloons you get to buy premium time! muahahaha

...and don't forget to track the respective games' Facebook and forum contests -- I got 3 days of premium (consolation prize) for just sending in an anniversary card to WoT. 

Many times, on the forum contests, they give a prize just for entering.  And, sometimes, you actually WIN.  I am convinced that the contests have an RNG of their own (even the ones that require creative content, like drawings, models, etc.), so if you have the time, enter! 

I could write a book on winning stuff -- BAD @ TONKS, but GUD@CONTESTS! -- over half my premium tanks are winnings.

...and if you don't mind downloading another WGA title, fire up WoWP, not only do you get some free gold for completing the tutorial (5 minutes of your time=100 gold), but at the annual anniversary of each aircraft you buy, you get a certain amount of free XP when you win a battle with that airplane during its anniversary.  I had a couple tier 4 planes, and they got me over 3000 free XP!  

Someone on the Reddit forums said their Tier IX airplane anniversary gave them 10K FREE XP!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Invictus said:

Yah, it's a big download, but maybe worth it -- leave the PC on overnight!

 

I started the download this morning before I left for work.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2016 at 4:02 AM, no_name_cro said:

Oh and when you finish tutorial you'll get 3 days of premium. But you don't have to use it immediately, I haven't cashed in mine yet and I've unlocked 2 tier 9s. :doge: 

Where is that tutorial?  I can't find it.  I did the first mission thing, then 2 games of co-op, then a Random

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NightmareMk9 said:

Where is that tutorial?  I can't find it.  I did the first mission thing, then 2 games of co-op, then a Random

Isn't that it? Or something like that, check missions tab. You get missions like research tier 2 and some other stuff. That should be it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...