4khan

Plateaued player needs assistance

I'm plateaued at 2.3k, I need some help to push past this barrier and become a 'leet Unicum'.  

I play on the NA server and can make any time after 3:00 PST(7:00 Eastern) work. 

Thanks in advance.

Hey man, unfortunately i cant platoon with you cuz im EU. What i can do is tell you my story and maybe it helps. 3-4 months ago i was at the exact same spot you are now. I was consistantly doing 2.1-2.3k wn8. It was starting to frustrate me. Then i downloaded wotnumbera and started following my daily and per battle progress to maybe find out what the problem was. Turns out i rarely or never had 1700-2300 wn8 battle. I was doing either 2800 and above or had shit yellow to green games. At that point i tried my best to make those shit games just a bit less shit and therefore my overall wn8 went up. 

The way i went about having less shit games was forcing myself to think alot about team setup, first deployment and hp preservation in the first 2-3 mins (not making stupid trades).

After maybe a week i started to improve again. Im currently sitting at about 2600wn8 recent. Going up and down a bit but thats consitant more or less.

Hope it helps and good luck

I'm on EU too unfortunately, but a good advice I can give you, is that once you make a mistake, try to not forget it so that you don't do it again.

Also, if you have a feeling that poking a ridge or that trying to take a shot at someone, will be bad for you, just don't do it, no matter how juicy a target might be.

More than once I poked to take a shot feeling bad about it and managed to make 400 dmg, but take 800 in return... Is like a feeling that art is on you or that you really believe that there are tanks or TDs camping at the back. 

Another advice is read enemy set up. Too much art? Don't go to locations were you can be shot at. Too many meds? Camp at the back of the route were usually meds go and try to win some advantage, and so on :D

Gl mate

I would definitely help you, but I'm not online from 8:00 AM onwards.

All I can suggest is limit trading damage, try autoloading tanks more. The AMX 50 100 (even with just the 2nd 90mm) is great WN8 farming for me. In fact, just vary your tank style. Try different classes and don't grind a singular tank meticulously and end up being horrible.

If wn8 is what you are going for, the biggest thing is staying alive as long as possible. If you are dead after the first 3 minutes you will have no influence on the rest of the battle and are not able to deal more damage. Also learning how to react to certain situations on the map is very important. Hope this helps.

This from Gr1nch_1, "forcing myself to think alot about team setup, first deployment and hp preservation in the first 2-3 mins"

Cannot stress enough that your gameplay and decisions in the first 3 minutes will determine how much opportunity you will have mid and late game.  Sometimes, though rarely, it is better to play passive and save HP early game. While I find it is better to play the first few minutes in an aggressive manner to limit enemy map control, the team composition (both enemy and friendly) will basically tell you how you should play the first few minutes. Once you have a better handle on how to interpret the ramifications of team compositions, you'll see your ability to farm damage WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY influencing the battle outcome improve greatly.

Lastly, Sartox is right that you should have developed an intrinsic sixth sense by now or at least have the awareness to tell yourself to "poke once or twice" for a shot but to say no to that easy "third shot"  Listen to your senses and act accordingly. If you're like me where you're frequently one of the top 5 players in the match by skill, you're gonna get focused if you give the pubbies a chance.  And poking for that third shot is almost always when the pubbie shitters have aimed-in and are ready to pulverize what they think is the "most dangerous player." Interestingly, you can also use this predictable behavior to your advantage... take a shot or two, relocate take another shot or two safely, go dark, relocate, take another shot or two, etc. while those epic pubbie campers who looking to nail your ass have forgotten about your team of pubbie shitters freely sending shots down range or storming their flank.