Celtiic

Grille 15 PREVIEW

good lord that text to speech gave me cancer. Also this tank albeit having some new cool features is a garbage pile compared to the old WT. The WT was the best support TD in the game and was only after the 263 only Td still used in competitive play. There are other TD's that could play the support sniper role but none could do 3k damage in less than 6 seconds, making it good for sniping and the close range DPS damage dealer.This tank is a novelty and the fact that the turret well inst really a turret is the nail in the coffin for this tank. I will still three mark it though. Dat AP shell speed doe.

ORtHqla.jpg

I'm really curious to see how this thing performs.  The waffle has always been a fun tank to play but that reload time is brutal.  The gun and speed look impressive and better camo would definitely help.  

That thing is ugly as sin though... :)

6 hours ago, Pompous_Magnus said:

... The WT was the best support TD in the game and was only after the 263 only Td still used in competitive play. 

That is not exactly true, by the way. Both FV4005 and E3 are used on some maps in competitive play, even on the highest level.

10 hours ago, Pompous_Magnus said:

good lord that text to speech gave me cancer. Also this tank albeit having some new cool features is a garbage pile compared to the old WT. The WT was the best support TD in the game and was only after the 263 only Td still used in competitive play. There are other TD's that could play the support sniper role but none could do 3k damage in less than 6 seconds, making it good for sniping and the close range DPS damage dealer.This tank is a novelty and the fact that the turret well inst really a turret is the nail in the coffin for this tank. I will still three mark it though. Dat AP shell speed doe.

ORtHqla.jpg

Shit players could still clip you if you made a mistake though. 

1 hour ago, _Dia said:

Shit players could still clip you if you made a mistake though. 

I remember a 46% in a WTE100 clipped me on westfield in my IS7 because i made 1 mistake and exposed my front wheel for 1 second. Fair and balanced.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing the old Waffen was amazing at was farming damage and breaking the game. Even at its zenith, the Waffen couldn't touch the winrates of the good T10 MT/HTs. In fact, the tank never even outperformed its fellow TDs; the T110E3 has always been superior, and I wouldn't be surprised if both the pre-nerf Foch 155 and T110E4 kicked the pre-nerf Waffen's ass at actually getting shit done.

So all things considered, it wouldn't actually take all that much for the Grille 15 to beat the old Waffen in carry capability. Whether it actually does, no clue, but I don't think the old waffen deserves that much praise.

The old WTE was both shit to play against, and shit to play. The new boy's limited turret traverse appears the main source of frustration but i guess we'll have to wait to see how annoying it proves.

Played a few games on test server, and while it's kind a fun to play because of speed and that gun, it probably is worse for winning than most other TD's. Because of no fully rotating turret and no armor, you can't play city areas or poke corner very effectively, therefore limiting it to longer range support tank even more than many(all?) other T10 TD's. On the other hand, speed allows you to do things that other TD's can't, so hard to say in the end. At least it should have some use for CW, that combination of speed and firepower is pretty good.