LordEdwardthefith

Chieftan/T95 AppreciationThread

So I decided to a make a thread about the cw reward tank that was given out today. 

13161747_924814620950212_126794262928789[/img]

So far with the battles I've played today it feels like a pretty solid medium. The so far this has been that best game I've have in the tank today. I just want some opinions from other more op people who've got it today.

Spoiler

13131185_924814720950202_580293878690430 [/img]

13173255_924814767616864_391952544154246[/img]

13123378_924814684283539_849380051560275 [/img]

Edit: after more experience in  pubs, I find that tank to be...ok , not god like like the T54 LTW for its tier, but not terribad like the 88 and fv. 

frontal rack

lighthouse tumor negating the otherwise fantastic armor

gun is horribly average in every single way

mobility is shit

overmatch sides against all 120mm+ guns

trash prem pen

OH BUT IT HAS -10 GUN DEP!!!

It's a P88 thats pretending to have armor in exchange for a shittier gun.

Not gonna lie, it takes module damage like a fucking bitch and the crewmen are all worse than a KV-5 radioman. I simply have to run big medkits because I always have two dead crewmembers at the end of the battles otherwise

But lackluster pen has never been an issue for me (T-54 Mod 1, LOL) and the gun is usable. The tumour is hideable like the E5 tumour is, and honestly against T8s it the turret feels just as strong. In 20 battles nothing with 250 pen or below has penned me in the actual frontal turret that I could notice. Either cupola or bounces (3k blocked damage in this, lol)

Overall it's still a far better tank than the FV4202P, and in 9.15 they'll give it premium credit ability and it'll outshine the FV in literally every way. 

Some people say it looks good, I think it looks an awful lot like the E6 which is an abomination and ugly as hell 

16 minutes ago, Kolni said:

-snip-

Coming from the 4202 i can confirm its basically better in every way except for the penetration, and current ability to make credits. Will be my go to credit earner as of next patch, and after i 3 mark the 4202.

Just now, Gandaran said:

Coming from the 4202 i can confirm its basically better in every way except for the penetration, and current ability to make credits. Will be my go to credit earner as of next patch, and after i 3 mark the 4202.

I'm marking chieftain first, it has marks now :ohnyes: 

Just now, Kolni said:

I'm marking chieftain first, it has marks now :ohnyes: 

I almost marked my 4202 in its first 100 games but got really wasted the other night and did 10 battles in it, 94% at 91 games to 88% at 104. RIP. Whatever i enjoy it, and like to laugh as my recent wn8 dies because it shows 0 wn8 for my sessions. :P trying to see how low i can get it before the tank is implemented.

Spoiler

aJpE1yI.png

I haven't played it yet, but it the tumor will kill it if anything else. just like the Tumor on the T95E6 kills that tank.

10 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I haven't played it yet, but it the tumor will kill it if anything else. just like the Tumor on the T95E6 kills that tank.

From experience today as long as you keep the tank moving back and forth and only expose yourself to shoot, it's not as bad as it seems, it's definitely a mid to long rang hill sniper.

It's a piece of shit tank that can't hit anything unless point blank, but it's better than a 4202 soooooooooooooooo

57 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

It's a piece of shit tank that can't hit anything unless point blank, 

I swear british inaccuracy is a fucking thing. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with this gun. It cant hit ANYTHING regardless of distance. Fully aimed even.

So far I've put about 20 battles into. Averaging 2.1k dmg a game and blocking 1k. Its a monster on hills and the gun seems to be very kind. Only thing I dislike is the mobility and the frontal ammorack

6 minutes ago, TheDarkElbow said:

So far I've put about 20 battles into. Averaging 2.1k dmg a game and blocking 1k. Its a monster on hills and the gun seems to be very kind. Only thing I dislike is the mobility and the frontal ammorack

Averaging 400 blocked, cardboard tank. Everyone just snapshots the hatch regardless of distance.

Oh god that cupola looks bad. Looks like the same size as the m48's, but this tank can't snapshot for shit.

11 minutes ago, neziho said:

Oh god that cupola looks bad. Looks like the same size as the m48's, but this tank can't snapshot for shit.

The hatch is just as large as the m48's and makes the tank pointless as its only upside is turret *armor*. Since this has trash acceleration/traverse/gun handling it cant juke the opponents shots for shit.

3 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I swear british inaccuracy is a fucking thing. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with this gun. It cant hit ANYTHING regardless of distance. Fully aimed even.

But does it snap worse than the Leo 1?

26 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

The hatch is just as large as the m48's and makes the tank pointless as its only upside is turret *armor*. Since this has trash acceleration/traverse/gun handling it cant juke the opponents shots for shit.

Cupola also appears to have a giant magnet in it, making 90% of snapshots hit.

24 minutes ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

But does it snap worse than the Leo 1?

British RNG alone makes it snap worse than anything.

Well, just had a jag100 ricochet AP off my upper plate, so I have that going for me. I then proceeded to miss 5 of my 10 shots because all british guns are cancer.

Ok seriously. The gun pisses me off more than the tumor. What the fuck is wrong with this gun? It just sprays shells everywhere. I cant find a single difference between snapshotting and fully aiming. Either way half the shots just go fucking nowhere.