I mostly play WoWS, but have gotten into WoT on the side for variety. Lurked here for awhile checking out the AW/WoWS information, and then WoT curiosity got too much. And I figured if I'm going to play it I might as well try to play it well...though I'm doing German heavies right now (on VK 30.01H atm - dat waffle gun). Really like the way the information is laid out and setup here. Probably going to get a few lines up to 5, then figure out which one to pursue.

Oh, hi. Seen you around on WoWs a bit with Wo_9 on occ.

BTW, German HT line is terrible for beginners. Try something... different. Russian HT and German MT are fine (105mm derp Pz IV is basically pre-nerf Sherman)

31 minutes ago, Flametz said:

Oh, hi. Seen you around on WoWs a bit with Wo_9 on occ.

BTW, German HT line is terrible for beginners. Try something... different. Russian HT and German MT are fine (105mm derp Pz IV is basically pre-nerf Sherman)

Yeah, I'm on my way to the Pz4h, though the 38na is oppressive to grind through after doing Pz3a. What about the German MTs after T5 though? I'll probably check out at least one of the Russian HT lines once I get up to them.

42 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

Try the American mediums, they're all quite comfy to play. :)

What does comfort mean exactly, anyway? Is it mostly gun depression/hill usage abilities, or other stuff too? But am def looking into messing with some Shermans at some point.

31 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

sup fam

:poi:

Hi~ :ohnyes:

Alas no Atago emote.

21 minutes ago, Mnemon said:

What does comfort mean exactly, anyway? Is it mostly gun depression/hill usage abilities, or other stuff too? But am def looking into messing with some Shermans at some point.

They're fast enough to not feel slow, yet have decent turrets, good gun depression, decent blooms on guns. The E8, M46 are good at firing on the move and have good dispersion overall that allows for a sort of point and click feel. The Shermans also have derp guns that are beginner friendly and high DPM guns that are fun.

3 hours ago, Mnemon said:

Yeah, I'm on my way to the Pz4h, though the 38na is oppressive to grind through after doing Pz3a. What about the German MTs after T5 though? I'll probably check out at least one of the Russian HT lines once I get up to them.

nononononononono

why would you go up the NA line

its so bad

the alt grind is so much easier

& german meds past tier 5 are pretty mediocre until tier 9 and 10 on both lines

Hey. and i went down German TD line first... yea i know TD first but i wanted to go out of the box early, i also did American Heavies first and grinded my way to a T29 which i have fully upgraded atm.  she is such a fun tank =] 

ATM i am not that good but, im trying my best to improve!

:ohnyes:

2 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

They're fast enough to not feel slow, yet have decent turrets, good gun depression, decent blooms on guns. The E8, M46 are good at firing on the move and have good dispersion overall that allows for a sort of point and click feel. The Shermans also have derp guns that are beginner friendly and high DPM guns that are fun.

Mmmm, I see. So not janky feeling to actually play. I do want an E8 eventually, so... And have been derped by quite a few M4s now.

42 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

nononononononono

why would you go up the NA line

its so bad

the alt grind is so much easier

& german meds past tier 5 are pretty mediocre until tier 9 and 10 on both lines

By alt grind you mean the DW2? I managed to do that in two days or so, top tier isn't too bad since you can peck everything to death with 5cm. >.> <.<

But NA itself reminds me of leveling Karlsruhe in WoWS. You can't really do much (just spot) and then someone notices you and you're dead.

4 hours ago, Sunwing1999 said:

Welcome!

Fellow new player. :D  Though not as new as me. >.>

37 minutes ago, Wo-9 said:

Hey. and i went down German TD line first... yea i know TD first but i wanted to go out of the box early, i also did American Heavies first and grinded my way to a T29 which i have fully upgraded atm.  she is such a fun tank =] 

ATM i am not that good but, im trying my best to improve!

:ohnyes:

But now you're in a box. German casemate TD box!

The alt grind to the PZ IV H is the Pz IV A and Pz IV D, both of which are vastly better than the Pz 38 Na and Pz 38t.

Don't listen to them, German heavies are the coolest.

21 minutes ago, Nicook5 said:

I second this

9 hours ago, Flametz said:

The alt grind to the PZ IV H is the Pz IV A and Pz IV D, both of which are vastly better than the Pz 38 Na and Pz 38t.

I see, thanks! Will give that line a shot and grind some crews out for the later tanks with it. I had pretty good times with the Pz38t...but didn't find out that the 38na was a wretched experience till I was almost done with the 38t, so it was a bit of a derp moment.

4 hours ago, Nicook5 said:

I just wish arty didn't love shooting your big box. Even when you think you're safe, they manage to clip your turret or your gigantic hull and boom. With los tanks at least I can use the endless flow of KVs/Churchills/O-Is as meatshields. >.>

2 hours ago, Mnemon said:

I see, thanks! Will give that line a shot and grind some crews out for the later tanks with it. I had pretty good times with the Pz38t...but didn't find out that the 38na was a wretched experience till I was almost done with the 38t, so it was a bit of a derp moment.

The 38t's a really strong tank. It's partly what makes the 38na seem so bad, although scouts are rarely fun for newbies anyway. The IIIA > IVA > IVD > IVH progression is much smoother.

I enjoyed the 38na quite a bit, actually.  YMMV.

I too have fond memories on the 38na. Although I was even worse than I am now, and that was more than 4 years ago.

38na is something I'll probably come back to in the future, just like I might play pz3a more. I really loved how the 3a handled, even though the gun was terrible. I had a couple games where I spotted for heavies/meds then detached to go after arty after breaththrough, and it's just so nimble for something that bulky.

Though now I'm learning the hard way to not move up in any tank unless other people do in force, especially when Wolverines/T67s/Jacksons/Hellcats are around with good players in them. Trying to avoid open areas that I think they might be watching, but if enough of the team blindly drives in and gets butchered by them I end up having to fight them anyway. >.>