Archaic_One

What is a Pubbie?

Once and a while I need to do something besides shitpost, and seeing as how I just topped the 500 post mark here at the retirement home for elderly arty targets - I have decided to put forth a question:

What is a pubbie?

When I first came to this game, I assumed a pubbie was strictly an unclanned/spam-clanned player because (based on previous gaming experience) I over estimated the status of gudclans in this game.  Now I realize that there are many solo players playing pub matches that are most definitely not pubbies.

This begs the questions of what is a pubbie?  Are all non-unica pubbies in the eyes of unica?  Is a green shitter trying to improve in an active green shitter clan a pubbie (***finger crossed***), or do you guys consider only the non-communicating potato level griefers from the official forums to be pubbies.  Is a tryhard teal in a first page clan more or less of a pubbie than a seal clubbing purple pubstar?  Do you consider the term pubbie to be a derisive term?  If you are a pubbie, how does it make you feel to be bullied by all of these elitist poogs.:gaytroll:  If you used to be a pubbie, can you recall the moment when the scales fell from your eyes and you saw the light, or was it a gradual awakening.  (blah blah blah, I suck at being concise)

Inquiring minds want to know - remember,there are no stupid answers - only stupid questions.

Tbh everyone to some degree is cancer, from the worst stat denying, unica hating tomato shitlord, to super arrogant, angry super unicums. To me being a pubbie is being one of those people who does not realize what they are doing, regardless of player skill. Try to be a cool dude, if you play like shit, ask for help. If you are a unicum god, don't be a douche and help people. Tbh, I sperg in chat on occasion, it does not make you a bad person, just be fucking self aware. 

Tldr. A pubbie is a person who has no clue about how they impact the game.

Retirement home for elderly arty targets; quite a name for the place

I personally lob in a pubbie as anyone I do not recognize/not in top clen in a pub 

I am also secretly a pubbie

A pubbie is anyone who makes mistakes in games. I expect perfection out of everyone, including myself. Hence the frequent ragequits I am known for, as I am frustrated for playing like a pubbie.

IMO a pubbie is the average wot player, the individual that plays tanks without thinking, the one that has his standard tactics (heavies go here, meds there, TDs there) and sticks to those tactics no matter how the match develops..

To me a pubbie is the one playing only IS3s because iz gud tenk and averaging 800 dpg, the one that lets other tanks take the hits while sitting in the back with his IS3 sniping..

Or just the player that looks at xvm and says "mhm, this player is good, he doesn't need my help to win, I'll just leave him alone doing his stuff, better Kemp bush with my friend TD and redline snipe everything"

The pubbie is also the one complaining about gold shells being fired at his E100 and the one crying for h4x when he gets outplayed..

The pubbie notices that there is a good player on the enemy team (thanks once again xvm) and suicides just to get a shot on that player, calling h4x when he gets brutally murdered by the enemy team..

The pubbie is also the one that loves to move his TD 20 metres out of his spawn and deal 1/2 shots before getting #rekt by other pubbies and screaming "diz team iz maed of noobs, uninstall"

IMHO (fwiw), a pubbie is someone who is auto-pilot tanking. Too much driving and pewpew without thinking, and therefore not looking at minimap and his surroundings.

I consider myself a pubbie when I play bad.

Is it safe to say... pubbies are just the general population of WoT, in pub games, that are not unica, or playing at unica levels? (cuz if unica, wouldn't be playing at pubbie status?). Sorry, I'm not 100% sure myself.

Pubbie is me when i play bad.

When i magically end up on the same side of the map as the strongest enemy tanks/players 5 games in a row and get smoked in 2 shots.

WHat about the times i play good, and have a big impact on the game?

Game bug.

But hey: i try to do well. Sometimes, it works.

My basic definition is someone with 1000s of games, often 10,000+ that does the same stupid crap every time:

Yolo, Bush Camp, Redline Camp, Derps into 5 enemy tanks, etc.

They can usually be identified by a 50% or lower win ratio and <1000 WN8

They will almost never take your advice and usually blame the team for the loss.

Pubbie is a derogatory term that I use interchangeably to describe the entire WOT playerbase.  Along with mongoloid, cancerous shitlord, aidsebola, cuck, anus rabbies, and faglord actual.   I use these terms specifically when said player (no matter WHAT skill level they are) makes an incredibly large and stupid mistake that either costs the match OR costs their tank in some form or fashion as to almost throw the match.  For example:

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU JUST POKE ON 4 750 ALPHA TDS LOOKING THIS WAY IN A FUCKING OBJ 140 YOU STUPID FUCKING PUBBIE?!"

"HOW IN THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU MANAGING TO LOSE TO A 1 SHOT TIER 8 LIGHT TANK IN A FUCKING TIER 10 MEDIUM IN POINT BLANK RANGE YOU GOD DAMN MONGOLOID?!"

"HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO GET TO WORK WITHOUT KILLING YOURSELF ON THE COMMUTE WITH THE WAY YOU FUCKING DRIVE YOU FUCKING CUCK?!"

Get the picture?  This can be myself (yes I actually yell like this at myself when I make stupid mistakes), this can be super unicums way better than me, this can be people worse than me, it can be everyone :) We all make small mistakes from time to time, that's excusable.  The big obvious ones however, dependent on skill, are just WTF HOW.

3 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

You are a failed reroll...:gaytroll:

I'm not, I had an account there two years ago but I deleted because it was hurting me in real life.
I even use the same email

Pubbie can be seen as a bit derogatory in the "lol ur a no name casual" sense, but basically, yes, it's a blanket term used to describe everyone in pub games. It's basically the same as a "rando" - anyone who's a no face to you.

It has started to become more and more synonymous with "noob", though. Mostly because calling someone a noob makes you look like a shitter yourself, so you can use "pubbie" and sound slightly more dignified. Kinda.

Why is "pubbie" necessarily derogatory? It's just the way I think of anyone that I don't recognize in pub matches. It can't be based on stats since I don't use xvm... So if I don't know you, you're a pubbie. And I hope to be a pubbie to your eyes. Sadly there are some xvm-using arty players that dash my hopes on a daily basis.

If you're not doing anything significantly better than the rest of your team then you're a pubbie. Hence why you try to not play like one, because when you do, you're usually doing something wrong.