Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 10 - E5 Triumphant! (COMPLETE)

FV215b: 11 - Alright, this is where I'm going to drop my support for this tank. This and the 50B are personally my two least favorite tanks on this list, mostly skirting by due to obscene damage farm potential but not a whole lot else. 215B gets my vote first because of how far less fun it is to play than the 50B.
TVP T50/51: 27
E 100: 14
T110E5: 33
M48 Patton: 26 
AMX 50B: 33  

8 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

-snip-

To be honest, if you play E100 like that, you are a moron (I don't mean you, but the situation you described). The E100 is one of the best "traders" if used correctly and I think we all can agree that it is the best "brick" in the game.

That being said it is strange that RU meds and E 50M got eliminated before the E100, cause although the Hundo is one of my favourite tanks, it is not the best. Repeatedly negging one tank is fucking retarded and should not have been "allowed" in the first place IMHO. 

FV215b: 11 - 3 = 8, i rather not downvote the same tank again, but the other 5 are just plain better, so ^^
E 100: 14+1 = 15, Sorry X3N4 i almost always agree with your opinion on guud / bad tanks, but here ur wrong ^^ on 3/4 of the maps there is enough cover / houses / castles / rocks to hide for arty like a boss and shoot people in the face for 750, raping IS7`s while they bounce AP from your side never gets old, the turretweakness is massive overblown, its as though as IS7 UFP, the same piece of armor half the server cries russian bias about
T110E5: 33

ps: 50B can also use some negreg, but pls not before Fv is out :serb:

10 hours ago, Kolni said:

You people need to acquire yourself some brain activity :kjugh: 

far better have tanks have been killed early (T57 and IS-4) than the E 100 and Bat :kjugh: (Edit because missed post killing it)

E 50M is perhaps one of the best pubstompers considering the incredibly high WR/DPG combos people can pull in a tank gimped by DPM. Every other aspect of the tank just shines so incredibly well. It's better than a 50 B in randoms the second the 50B player isn't superuni and spamming APCR, and most people I've seen have better DPGs in their 50Ms than almost everything else. (Yet they are respective bottom and top on the list right now). 

Now add the fact that the M48 is less armoured, and better DPM and you have a pretty goddamn hands down contender for carries. How it, the E5 and TVP aren't all at 50 points right now with everything else eliminated makes no sense to me. Other tanks simply aren't as good. And yet one is on a downvote streak and the other being below starting points until today :kjugh: 

Yeah go ahead himmelsdork banana and an IS-4/7 starts chilling there, easily hitting turret face since you can't move and aint exactly tanks you can pen back, which both are tanks you can pretty much count on going there in the first place

close up 62a hulldown is garbage, turret face with gold is a pen, cupolas are easy hits too... You need to get 150+m against medium guns (the most accurate for the sake of argument) and room to move and jerk around in. Not unlike the Type 5 heavy the 62a armour (thanks to HD and nerfs before that) goes from top tier to garbage pretty goddamn fast. Not getting hit>relying on turret armour in 62a now. 

Nevertheless a great tank, I just prefer the 140 because if I'm gonna abuse armour that keeps failing me I might do that with a comfier gun and a higher top speed  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Your post is just what I think, too.

But, if enemy team have only "softer" heavies like E 100 or tds like JPE all with derpy guns, going tank alley is pretty safe (to the point where they start chugging HE at you). They are easy to hit (and penn by HEAT) by about 2 sec of exposure, of which you aim 1 second, and next second you are retreating. Sometimes your team is soft and all rush hill leaving the tank alley wide open to enemy advance. The ability to stall enemy attack with one medium is really important to win (and you can always run if they have enough balls to rush you -which they do not have 4/5 times...since you can slap for 320 every 5 seconds someone else - better than to concentrate fire one one, it ruins their morale), while your lemmingtrain wins hill.

62 A turret is safe mainly from tanks with bad bloom/bad aim time...which are surprisingly many even in tier X. Against mediums, yea, 150+ are safe distance, I agree completely. 

I would not like to derail this topic, but I do have a question.

Why do 140 gets reputation for having better gun handling than 62 A? Ok, i get, track bloom is a tiny bit better (20% less from almost 0 is a very small amount), but turret bloom is worse for the exact amount. I was always under impression that turret bloom>track bloom?

Also, 140 IS a faster tank, making the bloom on 62 A seems even less. Also, 62A has so much faster turret that i hardly ever need to move tracks to keep my gun on target, while in 140 it is not so (if target is moving fast).

Finally, 0.34 vs 0.35 is not big difference, but can be felt while sniping/once you aimed fully - and that is still a good 1/4 of maps. Also, better base acc contributes to final acc when on shooting on the move also, narrowing the gap between track blooms even more.

So overall, I do get why ppl like 140 - it is quite smaller, enough faster to make early deployment on certain spots safer, a bit more gun dep, hull "armor" that at least allow you to bully lights (while tier 8 tanks pen you 90% of times using AP if they are not shitters with D10T firing AP)...but saying 140 has "comfy" gun compared to 62 A... I honestly do not get it. I played 62A foa about 100 battles, and 140 at least 50 on my bros acc...and i always could feel no difference most of the time, but when I did, 62 A had a better feel for me, shots would derp less often.

From this list I just have the e5 and the FV now so I can't give an opinion on the rest.

FV215b: 8+1=9 To me it is an outrage (ok exaggeration) that the FV is so much lower than the e5. Not much side armor either, but it is better in almost all situations than the e5.
E 100: 15
T110E5: 33-3=30 I don't like the e5 so I don't play it much, but because of this thread I tried again yesterday. Absolutely horrible. Even if you are completely unangled the side is getting penned somehow. My tier 7 O-NI has more side armor. Everyone shoots the roadwheel and everyone pens. 50B suicide rushes me and I'm unable to do anything because, first shot track and dmg from almost completely front, second shot ammo rack, 3rd shot track and dmg 4th shot pen. That was it for the game. Hell I'd fare better if I was in a fucking leo. Get off the bandwagon people.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:25 AM, Megrin said:

this site is fucking cancer to use on mobile, can't delete this damn quote

31 minutes ago, kariverson said:

T110E5: 33-3=30 I don't like the e5 so I don't play it much, but because of this thread I tried again yesterday. Absolutely horrible. Even if you are completely unangled the side is getting penned somehow. My tier 7 O-NI has more side armor. Everyone shoots the roadwheel and everyone pens. 50B suicide rushes me and I'm unable to do anything because, first shot track and dmg from almost completely front, second shot ammo rack, 3rd shot track and dmg 4th shot pen. That was it for the game. Hell I'd fare better if I was in a fucking leo. Get off the bandwagon people.

The E5 does not have overmatchable sides... Don't blame the tank for your own mistakes.

What a tough call.

FV215b: 9-3 = 6
Gun/HP is pretty sick, but the fact that the armor doesn't work well at all angles except the turret, you can't hull down very well because of the turret's placement, and the fact you lose half your modules as soon as someone looks at you, doesn't make it as stronk as the others

T110E5: 30

Funny how one buff jumped a meh tank into GOAT10 [citation needed]. The platform is pretty good overall, and the cupola is rather hard to hit if you (surprise surprise!) just wiggle your turret/hull to throw people's aim off and autobounce or miss.

30 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

this site is fucking cancer to use on mobile, can't delete this damn quote

The E5 does not have overmatchable sides... Don't blame the tank for your own mistakes.

Isn't that pretty much what everyone is doing? What tells me that people aren't downvoting other tanks because they can't play them?

So.. I have refrained from voting for the last few days because:

• Either the tanks that are left are too good, or I love them too much to downvote them;
  • The only tank I don't really like in the ones left is the 50b, but it's only because I'm retardedly aggressive in it, and get shitted over because of it, so I can't really downvote it because of my inner "derpadur must clip him".
1 hour ago, kariverson said:

From this list I just have the e5 and the FV now so I can't give an opinion on the rest.

FV215b: 8+1=9 To me it is an outrage (ok exaggeration) that the FV is so much lower than the e5. Not much side armor either, but it is better in almost all situations than the e5.

what the fuck kind of O-Ni you have lol

i swear, E5 has like 100 000x better side armor. hell, thanks to tracks and not having trash lower part of side, i would say E5 has better side tier-for-tier. E5 doesnt get overmatched, O-Ni can get overmatched by 122mm guns.

32 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Isn't that pretty much what everyone is doing? What tells me that people aren't downvoting other tanks because they can't play them?

Apperantly I should only downvote the TVP because I can't play it, since I don't have it. got it.

If you can't play a tank and think it's your fault, don't vote.

If you can't play a tank and don't think it's your fault, vote.

I mean if you think the E5 is shit and we're all wrong, downvote away. You don't have to agree with the status quo, just don't downvote tanks you know are good but just can't play.

29 minutes ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

Apperantly I should only downvote the TVP because I can't play it, since I don't have it. got it.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, PityFool said:

I'm going to re-run this thread with a different format that allows me to filter out stupidity.

The best way to filter out stupidity is not to ask people. We already know what tanks are the best.

Just now, Rexxie said:

The best way to filter out stupidity is not to ask people. We already know what tanks are the best.

Touche.. 

21 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I thought it was more about the elimination order anyway? 

1 minute ago, Meirzin said:

I thought it was more about the elimination order anyway? 

Yes, but if you already know how good every tank is (and to at least some degree of accuracy, we do) then you already know what the actual elimination order should be.

I don't mind because being perfectly accurate is not really the goal of the thread - it was to have fun, spark discussion, see how a wotlabs list would differ from reality, etc. I just like reading your guys' posts!

22 minutes ago, Kristoffon said:

FV215b: 6
E 100: 16 <3 noob-proof box of shit everyone fears <3
AMX 50B: 30 fuck autoloaders  

TVP is autoloader aswell, why 50b  downvote and not tvp?

He doesn't even have a 50B, isn't even close to one. :facepalm:

This thread probably should've been in the purple poaster section. Hate to be elitist/stat whore but the non-purples in this thread haven't really contributed much.

1 hour ago, Cunicularius said:

The E5 does have overmatchable sides (44mm mid-low), although only for TD guns, the Type 4 & 5 and E-100 AP. The sides are also quite vulnerable to HEAT rounds (thin, big gaps in tracks), but they work relatively well against low calibre AP because the lower part is sloped.

28 minutes ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

TVP is autoloader aswell, why 50b  downvote and not tvp?

Unlike the 50B I never played the tvp.

4 minutes ago, cpraf104 said:

He doesn't even have a 50B, isn't even close to one. :facepalm:

This thread probably should've been in the purple poaster section. Hate to be elitist/stat whore but the non-purples in this thread haven't really contributed much.

I actually played quite a bit with the 50B, both on the test server and with a borrowed account, maybe some 50 battles, sure I'm not an expert but I certainly played it enough to know what it's like to play one. Seeing as you "hate to be elitist" it must have been painful to know that your elitist opinion is actually wrong.

2 hours ago, PityFool said:

I'm going to re-run this thread with a different format that allows me to filter out stupidity.

stupidity=blues? :doge: 

FV215b: 6
E 100: 13
M48 Patton: 27
AMX 50B: 30  

Now, if only the E 100 had been left in the dust and a 140/62a would take its place we would indeed have a top 6 competitive list for solopubs.. fine the E 100s a brick but it's a brick that turns into the mud and dirt it was formed from by two presses on a button :doge: 

E5/M48 contest in the end or riot :frenchy: