Sign in to follow this  
Littleg1998

Improving my play style

On struggle street at the moment with knowing how to consistently play well. I have recently returned from a rather long break of playing. Only came back as I've since decided to seriously improve my play. I have taken it upon myself to watch streams to try and pick up on a few things, mainly to do with positioning on maps as well as loadouts to use on tanks etc. However I have discovered that it's not as easy as the pros make it look, and as a result it frustrates me and in turn makes my session suffer. I've been playing the batchat a lot since I've started playing again as it is a blast to play but still struggle to do well with it.

It would be great to have someone considerable more skilled than myself to teach me a few things, whether that be platoons etc I would greatly appreciate it! 

One issue that arises when people around your level watch really good players on streams/youtube is that you end up attempting to imitate their movements on certain maps and inadvertently fucking yourself over because there's a lot more to it than simply "The purple went there and had a 10k damage game." Ask questions like "why did he go there?", streamers will often answer your question if they're any good. There are a lot of default positions for certain tanks but choosing which one relies a lot on composition of each team, ie: tanks, players, spawns, etc. Not only this but good players have good combat skills too which often allows them to play more advanced positions better, but once you start understanding the reasoning behind how, why and when they make their movements you're most of the way there to becoming good. 

since i starded watching @Anfield, @Overlord_Prime, @X3N4 and yung_xd aka @Kolni i improved my gameplay a lot, since they actually answer your questions on why the hell they rushed a spot and kemp bush there or why they went to the heavy lane with their paper meds..

another great thing is learning to micro your tank, especially in russian meds, find a stronk hulldown spot and just peak with the turret, when i manage to micro the tank i can pull out really good bounces and farm a crap ton of damage...

there are matches that aren't winnable tho, no matter how good you are..

Read tank composition more carefully and adjust accordingly.  You're stats indicate you can play a tank well.  Bat Chat certainly benefits when the tanker knows how to read composition well. However, I don't think bat chat is a good tank for learning composition-based positioning. Bat Chat is a master at relocating, supporting, spotting, sooo many things but...  It is different than most meds and is difficult to play aggressively without being a one clip wonder. Not to mention everyone will focus you the moment you're spotted. Personally, I hate the Bat Chat - gun handling drives me nuts.

Pitty Fool pointed out that which is most important.  That cool spot where you can achieve awesome damage only works under certain conditions and that awesome streamer probably read the composition and determined it was the place to go to have maximum early game impact.